Quantcast

Recommend me a Honeymoon

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I stayed in tabacon for 2 nights as well.. the hot springs are amazing.. I wasnt crazy about the arenal area. it was cool to see the volcano spew out lava every 15 minutes or so at night .
paradisus is a total relaxation place that has plenty to do nearby if you get adventourous.. it is total luxury.... i cant remeber the name of the place we went after paradisus but we were upset we didnt stay there...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
I stayed in tabacon for 2 nights as well.. the hot springs are amazing.. I wasnt crazy about the arenal area. it was cool to see the volcano spew out lava every 15 minutes or so at night .
paradisus is a total relaxation place that has plenty to do nearby if you get adventourous.. it is total luxury.... i cant remeber the name of the place we went after paradisus but we were upset we didnt stay there...
damn... hook a brother up.

I think I've made the decision for Aubrey and myself that we're going to Costa Rica.

Did you use a travel agent?
Maybe I could find a deal with flights included or something...

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
hooples3 said:
Paradisus looks amaizing!!! I think we'll hit that up next time :D

My wife and I are not the type to lounge around... we might spend one day relaxing, after that it's time to explore!

We actually stayed in 5 different places in 10 days, and the first 4 days were at the same place for our freinds wedding.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
When researching our honeymoon, no travel agent could get me any better deal that I found by myself. Hyatt Vacations offered a complete package (airfare, car, rooms, island hopper passes, excursions). You've got plenty of time, Stosh, so do some poking around online before running to a travel agent.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Slugman said:
Paradisus looks amaizing!!! I think we'll hit that up next time :D

My wife and I are not the type to lounge around... we might spend one day relaxing, after that it's time to explore!

We actually stayed in 5 different places in 10 days, and the first 4 days were at the same place for our freinds wedding.
Yeah we'll end up exploring as well...

But if I dont' want to do anything then I want to be able to do that.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
When researching our honeymoon, no travel agent could get me any better deal that I found by myself. Hyatt Vacations offered a complete package (airfare, car, rooms, island hopper passes, excursions). You've got plenty of time, Stosh, so do some poking around online before running to a travel agent.
I'm just trying to find out how people do it.
I love hunting for deals and I know I have lots of time.

likwid

Chimp
Aug 1, 2005
Delay your honeymoon until nov/dec and go to BVI and island hop.

You won't be dissapointed.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
damn... hook a brother up.

I think I've made the decision for Aubrey and myself that we're going to Costa Rica.

if thats the place you want to go.. just try to get a deal on expedia with airfare and such.. it will be cheaper.. i went to 3 different places so i used a travel agent to make it easier

try here

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
if thats the place you want to go.. just try to get a deal on expedia with airfare and such.. it will be cheaper.. i went to 3 different places so i used a travel agent to make it easier

try here
Ok cool deal thanks!!

I just want a simple vacation with no stress.....

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
stosh said:
Actually I had suggested that...
Then our friend says "Oh it's wet there" and that totally threw Aubrey off the idea.
Wet there? I'm cornfused.....wet how? I mean there is a lake to swim in after a great day on the mountain.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Snacks said:
Wet there? I'm cornfused.....wet how? I mean there is a lake to swim in after a great day on the mountain.
yeah I know.....
Doesn't matter, it was said so now it's ingrained in her head.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
My suggestion: Isla Mujeras.

Little island 7 miles off the coast of Cancun, Mexico. 5 miles long, 10 blocks wide. One of the prettiest beaches in the Carribean at Playa Norte. We went in the offseason(June - August) and our hotel was $250 for the whole week. Lobster, King Mackerel, Grilled Shrimp, Chicken and all the cold beer for minimal pesos. They have an all-inclusive resort on the island called the Avalon Reef club, but I wouldn't recommend going there because you can get way better deals on everything else by doing it on your own. Below is a link for a website that will have all the information you need to set it up. We ordered a map from one of the people that frequents the island, and it came packed with every bit of info that will make you an expert on the island before you even set foot off of the plane.

Isla Mujeras Information

This island was soooo relaxing! It took us absolutely NO time to settle into a routine of breakfast/nap/beach/cold beer/nap/mango margarita/beach/shower/nightlife/margarita/pass out.

The island is totally safe(unless you get drunk and crash your scooter--in which case you could just rent a golf cart to get around the island) they have the lowest crime rate of any island in the Carribean, and are waaaaayyy cheaper for anything than you will find in Cancun. I promise. Forget the all-inclusive.......you never get to see anything outside the resort. Try this island, and you'll be searching for every way possible to get back!

If you're interested, I can give you waaay more info than I'm typing out right now. We did the whole week with flight--eating the best of food,and drinking the best of drinks plus souviners for around 2800 bucks. Not bad.

J

JRB

hooples3 said:
stosh i'd jump all over that if its the deluxe version
I have a foot print, and I am sure I could use the attic thing from my other tent. Fine accomodations I tell ya.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Stosh you have me soo pyshed to go back to Costa rica again!!! for the money, I havent seen a better place...

stosh the last place we stayed was real nice too, not all inclusive but very reasonable ..and very environmentally friendly.. for all out luxury stay with paradisus

si como no

I have a book... The new key to costa rica.. by Beatrice Blake & Anne Becher. it was a great guide to Costa rica.. you should def pick it up.. or you can borrow it if you like just let me know

btw .. do you use aim??

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
Stosh you have me soo pyshed to go back to Costa rica again!!! for the money, I havent seen a better place...

stosh the last place we stayed was real nice too, not all inclusive but very reasonable ..and very environmentally friendly.. for all out luxury stay with paradisus

si como no

I have a book... The new key to costa rica.. by Beatrice Blake & Anne Becher. it was a great guide to Costa rica.. you should def pick it up.. or you can borrow it if you like just let me know

btw .. do you use aim??
yes I use AIM sometimes.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I have been there a lot. My family vacationed there my whole life. My personal opinion is St Croix. The other 2 big islands were nice two but this one is my favorite. We stayed at the buccaneer hote/resort place. It was nice, good food and service. Sweet pool. If you do to to St Croic may absolutely sure you guys make a trip out to this little barrier reef that surrounds an island out there called Buck Island. It is the BEST scuba and or snorkeling I have EVER seen. The barrier reef is huge, ultra colorful and extremely, full of life. Its amazing. Anyway, the beaches are killer and, the island is pretty fun in on the outer areas.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Slugman said:
:stupid: - I'm still pissed that we came back!!!! :mumble:

Nice... we started out just south of there in Quepos, at the Tulamar Bungelos (http://www.tulemar.com/bungalows.html). :D

hooples3 - Any spots that you did NOT enjoy in Costa Rica?

arenal was ok at best.. the volcano was nice.. but monteverde wasnt so great.. it was beautiful but it didnt feel like i was on vacation there. also the last night we stayed in San Jose..i didnt like it there at all. they recommended that so you make sure you catch your flight in the morning.. as I am sure you remeber travelling on those potholed roads can be very time consuming

when i go back i will go to Tamarindo/Manuel antonio .. the beach areas... you can rent a fully furnished apartment for $400 a month there

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
hooples3 said:
but monteverde wasnt so great.. it was beautiful but it didnt feel like i was on vacation there. also the last night we stayed in San Jose..i didnt like it there at all. they recommended that so you make sure you catch your flight in the morning.. as I am sure you remeber travelling on those potholed roads can be very time consuming
ABSOLUTELY!!! We HATED Monteverde... 2hr kidney busting trip up dusty road for nothing but more dust and potholes. I think I could have biked it faster! I hear that if you're a big bird watcher it's great, but we were less than impressed with everything about that area.

San Jose was not interesting either - our rental car guy told us not the leave the car outside the business, even locked! That is why I suggested the 'Hotel Grano De Oro', that place was a saving grace for us.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
If you're looking for a place to just relax then check out the Cook Islands (that's where my wife and I went on our honeymoon). The most relaxing best time I've ever had!

Seriously, check it out. Do a Google search for "Rarotonga"

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stosh said:
I want to go there badly and it was on the top of our list.. however I want to go to relax and if I go there I'll need to plan the whole thing out...

That and Italy is expensive and after paying for our wedding we need something somewhat cheap.
andalucia Spain, or Greek islands. the airfare is gonna be yr biggest expense.

all-inclusive? don't be a pussy.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
narlus said:
all-inclusive? don't be a pussy.
:stupid: .

Finding all the cool neighbor hood eats is one of the best parts of traveling in another country. Get yourself some lonely planet guides for where you are going,book a few hotels, leave a lot open and prepare to have a good time! We spent two weeks in Mexico this way, and it was awesome, really get into the local culture.

geargrrl

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
geargrrl said:
:stupid: .

Finding all the cool neighbor hood eats is one of the best parts of traveling in another country. Get yourself some lonely planet guides for where you are going,book a few hotels, leave a lot open and prepare to have a good time! We spent two weeks in Mexico this way, and it was awesome, really get into the local culture.

geargrrl
Usually this is how I am however every year, every trip we go on I'm constantly "planning" stuff to do and I'm sick of it.

I totally agree that part of the fun of traveling is seeing everything and getting a real taste for the area however... till this wedding is over I'm sure I'll be sick of planning.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
Usually this is how I am however every year, every trip we go on I'm constantly "planning" stuff to do and I'm sick of it.
You've gotten Aubrey used to you doing all the vacation planning---believe me, I know that scenario VERY well. I got stuck in that rut myself......Justine has never planned any of our vacations. She always leaves it up to me. Sometimes, you just want someone to plan something for you to be surprised about for once. :help: