Quantcast

reddish knob body count

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
There seems to be some confusion as to who is going and who is not and this is the current list I have at this point as to who is going:
-Wooddog
-metalmtb plus 1
-jaekormtb
-tattooo
-noname
-denjen
-bearmtnpicnic
-hurlykid
-corby
-and maybe birdman
As it stands we have 10 for sure and one maybe. Denjen, Corby and tattooo have trucks and metalmtb has a 4runner(?), but we will meet him on the way to H-burg, so we should have plenty of room for eveyone. IF anyone else is interested, add your name and send me a PM so we can get everything arranged.
And we will meet in C-ville @ 8am in front of Starbucks. Any questions? :oink: :oink: :oink:

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
And if we could lets keep this conversation to a minimum on this thread so we don't have 5 pages to sort out as to who is comming on the trip or not. But if I missed someones name, please post so we can add you in!

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
My buddy wayne wants to go if he doesnt have to work. I know a couple other guys that may want to go and have a truck going to call them tomorow

An idea for shuttling. The couple times I rode at the shed this is how they did it.
1- Drive everyone to the top
2- two trucks go to the bottom and one is left there the two guys drive back to the top.
3- Everyboby rides down together
4- All drivers jump in truck left at bottom go up and pick up trucks and drive down and pick everyone up.
5- repeat

Kind of a pain but if we are only going to get a couple of runs in, this way everyone gets to ride everytime. Is this possible? It was fairly easy at the shed because it was only about a 5 minute shuttle

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Cool just dont want to drive 6 hours for 1 hour of riding. The guys coming from the beach would have it even worse

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
sirknight6 said:
I wanna go....:(
You can go and drive the shuttle truck and have hot chocolate waiting for us at the bottom.

How are you feeling. Usually once they put you on those horse pill sized antibiotics it only takes a couple days to show a huge improvement

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
denjen said:
You can go and drive the shuttle truck and have hot chocolate waiting for us at the bottom.

How are you feeling. Usually once they put you on those horse pill sized antibiotics it only takes a couple days to show a huge improvement
No, I'm still a dick. :p

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Quick question. How much climbing is there going to be? Just bought a lighter sring and want to try it out, but if there is alot of climbing I will just leave the heavier one on.

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
Well if someone really wants to (i don't) they can meet us at the bottom and drive us back up. Riding down all together was probably the most fun but it did waste a lot of time on the shuttling part. I wanna try and find a line off that big drop :hot: . I'm goin right now to get my spare fixed since i found a huge ass nail in my rear right tire on the way home.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Wood, any word on a hotel for Noname and I to conceive the anti-christ in? Just for the record, I'm pitching, he's catching.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Tattooo said:
Wood, any word on a hotel for Noname and I to conceive the anti-christ in? Just for the record, I'm pitching, he's catching.

When you get onto 81 north off of 64 if you get off immedeatly at the Stauton exit 222 there are some spots there. Might be your best bet. We are meeting at exit 240 I believe, so you would only be about 20 miles away. If I remember right there isnt much after that

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Just checked the weather looks like rain with a chance of snow on Sat. Highs in the mid 40's. That dont sound good

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Huh, I might be missing this if its snowing.

Then again, need to get some time on the sled in.

Who is making the judgement call?

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Tattooo said:
Still working on it everyone I have called so far is either booked up for the weekend or they want 120-15- a night for a room. But don't give up yet

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Tattooo said:
Huh, I might be missing this if its snowing.

Then again, need to get some time on the sled in.

Who is making the judgement call?
You and me both. Will have to keep an eye on the weather

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Rain/snow according to weather.com.

So then does this mean freezing rain? That sucks, and I can't get sick before leaving for CA.

Getting on the fence at this point.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
heres an idea...session the switch instead...wait for better weather.

edit
id be there, the switch that is, but i'm going to be practicing for an adventure race that im doing the following weekend up in richmond.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Adventure race?

We gotta talk. The only "adventure race" I like is from my couch to the pisser when I'm on beer 22.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Okay, here is my idea. Since it looks like there will be rain showers on Saturday with the possibility of snow and a high of about 43 degees, I say we scrap the trip for this weekend and shoot for next Saturday on April 1st! A.K.A April fools day. We can make it a clean up/ ride/ joke day. Who is in? Corby and myself are definitely out for the 25th and will be going on the 1st instead and we encourage eveyone to do the same as would sirknight6 who is currently suffering from we would probably get if we went...pneumonia!
Any questions???

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
As much fun as riding in the frozen sounds, unless something big comes out I think I am out as well. No hotel room = sleeping in the cold ass tent, then riding in the cold. I am just barely healthy again, so I can't push it the week before I leave.

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
wood-dog said:
Okay, here is my idea. Since it looks like there will be rain showers on Saturday with the possibility of snow and a high of about 43 degees, I say we scrap the trip for this weekend and shoot for next Saturday on April 1st! A.K.A April fools day. We can make it a clean up/ ride/ joke day. Who is in? Corby and myself are definitely out for the 25th and will be going on the 1st instead and we encourage eveyone to do the same as would sirknight6 who is currently suffering from we would probably get if we went...pneumonia!
Any questions???
I am definately down for that! I'm gonna have to find a place to crash that friday night. What hotels would be good, i.e. centrally located, surrounded by good urban riding?

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
wood-dog said:
Any questions???
Good call. I should still be able to make it. The wife was supposed to be traveling again but I think it has been cancelled. I wasnt really into the idea of driving that far just to freeze my ass off. I sent my shock away last wek to get it pushed so this will give it time to get back so I can try it out.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
wood-dog said:
Any questions???
Woody, your a fracking genius!! :thumb: Sounds like a plan! I'm in!

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
I think we will end up with a bigger group this way also. I talked to 3-4 guys that wanted to go but could not make it this weekend.

mtbingdude

Chimp
Jan 17, 2005
sounds like everyone is reschedualling for next weekend... is there anyone that is still up for riding tommarrow... because i have this saterday off but not the next. Me and MetalMTB are still planing on going... but if its only us two i might just say screw it, and go riding somewhere local. anyone still in?