Quantcast

Residential speeders

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Dyslexia does indeed exist, only it is in about 1% of the people diagnosed with it.

I'm with you on add, adhd etc however. It's called, kids being kids and parents who would rather medicate them than parent.
Yea, I don't think I am dyslexic, I think I have a few crossed wires though.

Whoa, This thread is SOOOO off subject. Awesome

D

d-sop

Isn't that...TUBTHUMPING?! :disgust1:
uhh, hell yea.

oh and medication was a last resort for adhd. my grades shot through the roof right after i took it.
ive thought about it and if i had ritalin in elementary and middle school, it would be completely different; id have better grades, more friends, happier teachers.....

D

d-sop

because insulting me is going to make you 2% more hardcore, like the rest of them.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
plus, i love my adhd. its not a disorder, its a way of life
Well maybe you should learn to deal with it instead of doping yourself silly.

Ritalin heart attacks warning urged after 51 deaths in US

Ritalin, extensively prescribed to calm hyperactive children in the UK, should carry the highest-level warning that it may increase the risk of death from heart attacks, US experts recommended yesterday.
There have been 51 deaths among children and adults taking drugs for ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) in the US since 1999. Yesterday the UK licensing authority, the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), said nine children had died in this country among a smaller population on medication. They declined to reveal the children's ages because of the possibility of identification.

In the US, doctors write 2m prescriptions for ADHD drugs for children every month and 1m for adults. In the UK, nobody knows how many people are on the drugs, which are licensed for children as young as six - although there are reports of them being given to children as young as three. A total of 361,832 prescriptions were written last year for Ritalin and other drugs of the methylphenidate class, which averages 30,153 a month.

The cause of death for two of the nine children who died in the UK was specifically heart-related: one had a heart attack and a second an enlarged heart. One was recorded as a "sudden death". One died of a haemorrhage in the brain and another of a swelling in the brain, two committed suicide and the last died of neonatal respiratory distress syndrome - presumably the mother was on the drugs.

The recommendation by an advisory panel of the Food and Drug Administration to put a "black box" warning - the most serious possible - on all ADHD drugs in the US is likely to be accepted. Pressure will mount now on the British authorities to warn publicly of the risk.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/frontpage/story/0,,1707535,00.html

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Yea, I don't think I am dyslexic, I think I have a few crossed wires though.

Whoa, This thread is SOOOO off subject. Awesome
I am so stoked. Not only did my original rant generate a first time ever for me nine page thread, but it's sufficiently derailed Monkey style, too, whee!:cheers: :banana:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
uhh, hell yea.

oh and medication was a last resort for adhd. my grades shot through the roof right after i took it.
ive thought about it and if i had ritalin in elementary and middle school, it would be completely different; id have better grades, more friends, happier teachers.....
Hey, do you want us to get you a wheelchair?

I can appreciate it that you suffer from dyslexia, but unless you plan on using it as a crutch, you should expect people to harass you if you write extremely poorly.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Knock on wood.....but neither have I. I've also never had a speeding ticket or any other type of ticket.
aw c'mon now.
with a name as cool as DH Diva.
i bet you've had quite a few "lift tickets". :)

i'd actually started to gravitate away from r.m. because lately it seems like all the threads have been rather lame.

but this one rules !!!

howabout this d-sop guy.
could this guy be any more of a schmuck ?

and Transcend.
as much as you've annoyed me in the past.
you're on the top of your game in this thread.
good stuff.
that kid needs to hone a few more social and grammar skills before he takes on this ravenous pack.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Just as stating "most of the drivers were teenage and not paying attention" is mildly unfounded and steriotypical. I was making an example here, try and dig up some intelligence inside yourself to work with the example I was attempting to give, instead of resorting to childish insult.

I'm not trying start a flame war, I just find it terribly interesting that someone older than me and presumably more mature calls me "jackass" after clearly not looking into the idea behind the example I was giving :clue: .
Your example was poorly thought out and ignorant. Don't need to dig deeper into it.

And the person you quoted was describing the problem and her personal experience. She was stating what she saw, not making a generalized comment about teenagers. It was a specific statement about a specific road which she drives on.

Based on this fact - I have even more reason to think that you're a jackass.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
aw c'mon now.
with a name as cool as DH Diva.
i bet you've had quite a few "lift tickets". :)

i'd actually started to gravitate away from r.m. because lately it seems like all the threads have been rather lame.

but this one rules !!!

howabout this d-sop guy.
could this guy be any more of a schmuck ?

and Transcend.
as much as you've annoyed me in the past.
you're on the top of your game in this thread.
good stuff.
that kid needs to hone a few more social and grammar skills before he takes on this ravenous pack.

Ya got me. I have had quite a few lift tickets in my day, but those are good clean fun. ;)

/\/\att

Chimp
Aug 9, 2005
burlington ct
Most teens are stupid, thats a fact, combine that with a car your gonna have some crashes. I have had friends die in crashes, One was speeding passing some on out on a curve. Another was not doing much over the limit, but wasent bucled.

About the ADD, any one ever see the south park ADD episode? Where they come up for a new treatment ADD, smack the kid with a book and yell "shut the **** up and study" That was funny.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Your example was poorly thought out and ignorant. Don't need to dig deeper into it.

And the person you quoted was describing the problem and her personal experience. She was stating what she saw, not making a generalized comment about teenagers. It was a specific statement about a specific road which she drives on.

Based on this fact - I have even more reason to think that you're a jackass.
I'll admit the more I look at what I wrote, it was poorly thought out, and even a little ignorant. But none the less, referring to me as a jackass is uncalled for. I'm not a racist, I'm not a bigot, and I typically don't use stereotypes in my everyday life having dealt with being called a "dumb polack".

You should really try and grow up a little and treat the people with whom you are discussing things with a little respect. I seem to have no problem at all carrying on this conversation with out using profanity and insults to convey my opinions about you, and about what you said.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I reread this whole thread, and I have to side with the teenagers.

There were a lot of blanket statements about teenagers driving badly. I do think there more teenagers statistically getting into accidents than the other age groups, but I am sure most teenagers drive safely.

Do I think teenagers have to pay special attention? Yes, they are drivers with less than 3 years of experience. And the teenagers in the argument are horrible debators.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland

There were a lot of blanket statements about teenagers driving badly. I do think there more teenagers statistically getting into accidents than the other age groups, but I am sure most teenagers drive safely.

Do I think teenagers have to pay special attention? Yes, they are drivers with less than 3 years of experience. And the teenagers in the argument are horrible debators.

Does that make you a masterdebator :banana: :banana: ?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I worked as a TA. I laughed my way to tears on numerous occasions reading what was supposed to be a persuasive paper.

They persuaded their way to D in many cases. I mean, by the time you are 10 credits short of graduating with a BA, you should know how to spell and construct a simple sentence.
You know what's really sad? I was a business student, and I can write much better than 90% of the journalism students that come out of college now. It's a goddamn disgrace. The quality of writing has gotten so low that the best students are terrible...and the professors won't fail everyone like they should.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
no, why would it? its just funny that straight-up you're an asshole. and sorry if i cant spell, maybe its fcukin biological, maybe its called DYSLEXIA you ****ers. no respect at all.
Do you have a medical condition that prevents you from using a spell checker? Maybe an allergy, or something like that?

Apr 25, 2004
NOVA
Driving, especially in my area, is absolutely dreadful. What seems like never ending traffic combined with a me-first mentality a majority of residents have makes for pretty frustrating times on the road. It really makes me wish we had a better public transportation system in place. Not only in my area, but in the US as a whole.

I can't help but think back to the semester I spent studying in Sweden. My transportation came in the form of a singlespeed, coaster-braked "granny" bike bought at a police auction. It took me everywhere I needed to go in town. Bike lanes abounded in the small town and it seemed like everyone rode. Even better, everyone knew how to react to cyclists.

However, I think the reality is that there are always going to be jerkoff drivers everywhere.

D

d-sop

Well maybe you should learn to deal with it instead of doping yourself silly.

Ritalin heart attacks warning urged after 51 deaths in US

Ritalin, extensively prescribed to calm hyperactive children in the UK, should carry the highest-level warning that it may increase the risk of death from heart attacks, US experts recommended yesterday.
There have been 51 deaths among children and adults taking drugs for ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) in the US since 1999. Yesterday the UK licensing authority, the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), said nine children had died in this country among a smaller population on medication. They declined to reveal the children's ages because of the possibility of identification.

In the US, doctors write 2m prescriptions for ADHD drugs for children every month and 1m for adults. In the UK, nobody knows how many people are on the drugs, which are licensed for children as young as six - although there are reports of them being given to children as young as three. A total of 361,832 prescriptions were written last year for Ritalin and other drugs of the methylphenidate class, which averages 30,153 a month.

The cause of death for two of the nine children who died in the UK was specifically heart-related: one had a heart attack and a second an enlarged heart. One was recorded as a "sudden death". One died of a haemorrhage in the brain and another of a swelling in the brain, two committed suicide and the last died of neonatal respiratory distress syndrome - presumably the mother was on the drugs.

The recommendation by an advisory panel of the Food and Drug Administration to put a "black box" warning - the most serious possible - on all ADHD drugs in the US is likely to be accepted. Pressure will mount now on the British authorities to warn publicly of the risk.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/frontpage/story/0,,1707535,00.html
thats for kids who don't have it. and you don't take into account for the 9 or 10 different types of add/adhd medications. each one works differently, and works specifically for an application. for example, i take Concerta, which continously supplies 54 mg of ritalin over a 10-hour period. I didn't start with 54; i was smart and started at 18, so i would avoid a heart attack.

I can appreciate it that you suffer from dyslexia, but unless you plan on using it as a crutch, you should expect people to harass you if you write extremely poorly.
how am i using it as a crutch?

D

d-sop

these two don't exactly match. the teenagers aren't the only ones who aren't logically competitant

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Isn't that...TUBTHUMPING?! :disgust1:
First time i've ever heard of that word being used other than the album to that drinking song. Anyways i suppose, and don't be disgusted by my statement, this whole bait and bully thread is pretty disgusting in my book.

Hey everybody let's incite the retard! Oh well these threads always are the most popular...

Which, perhaps coincidentally, is an anagram for "butthumping". :biggrin:
You want some loverboy, jump on in! Skookie love you long time...:happydance:

i'm just glad i'm not gonna be at work tomorrow, and on some sunny ridge next to a really cool sleeping volcano.:brows: