Quantcast

Ridemonkey is Under New Management!

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Well, it's a done deal. Ridemonkey was purchased this week by Adam Thody, who some of you may know as Gecko (now under the Ridemonkey username).

What does this mean to you? Probably not a whole lot for the moment. You will start to see minor changes here and there over the next few weeks, and down the road you'll see some great new features.

A few things to look forward to:

• Blogs
  • Ridemonkey Apparel
  • Stickers
  • New Design
  • Free beer on Tuesdays (not really - suckers!)

If you have any questions about the change of ownership, and how it affects the site, please keep them in this thread, or PM me.

Looking forward to many years of good times!

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
so is gecko going to be using the ridemonkey name and you are going to be using another one? and by you i mean the origional ridemonkey

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Congrats on your acquisition Adam, just keep the color scheme on the green and black and I'm cool with it ;)

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Ridemonkey said:
I am gecko, hear me roar. We already switched. The old RM is now going under the name BeerDemon I believe.

So uh.......what's a site like this run ya?

*kicks tire*

;)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Ridemonkey said:
I might just make it pink for you. ;)

September, 2005.

After a major color scheme change in August, a mass exodus has occured from the popular mountain bike enthusiast message board web site Ridemonkey. The color scheme change followed a change in ownership.

The site admin could not be reached for comment.

More:

http://www.tragicmonkeynews.com/news/RMatrocities

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
BMXman said:
whoa...I didn't even know RM was for sale I would have surely been interested:mumble: :D
Well, I had the inside track, and it does require a great deal of technical knowledge...hardly a turnkey business, so you shouldn't feel too bad about it.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I don't have to pay another 20.00, do I?

dang, I woulda been interisted in buying the site too...

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I'll be honouring all the premium memberships that have been purchase, no need to worry. You can send more money if you want though :D

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Wow can i take over Serial Midgets account and then he can change his name to Nickadimihiccupupapotomus.

That'd be cool.....

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Wow - I hope old RM Aaron has other good things lined up. Thanks for creating PD forum dude. :thumb:

Glad to see the new guy is Canadian, everone knows how nice those guys are, eh?

So now PinkBike and RideMonkey are both Canadian. Heh - They're taking over guys. Cool. Hope it doesn't change too much, and can you have a series of optional skins to make RM look like a M$ application?

Ce moyens nous pouvons parler français maintenant?