Quantcast

Riding Lawn Mowers

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
@stosh - looks like a nice patch of land you have there. Nice.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
@stosh - looks like a nice patch of land you have there. Nice.
Thanks I really enjoy it and so do my girls. My oldest (2-1/2yrs old) will sit by the creek and throw rocks for no lie 2hrs if I let her.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
any fish in that creek? :)
Well on the left side of the property there is a feeder creek fresh off the mtn that enters the larger creek at the rear of the property. There is trout, bass, and some sunnies in the larger one lots and lots of crayfish in both though. I think at some point the previous owner ran a small pipe to a "duck pond" just behind my house. Now it's a 30'dia breeding pool for mosquitoes. The pipe doesn't exist anymore.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I agree, only one beerholder? What if your lawn takes more than 20min to mow?
My lawn takes 1.5hrs but usually I have plenty of opportunities to get off and get a new beer while moving my kid's and dog's toys.

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Can't go wrong with anything from Scag. I want to try one of these:
http://www.scag.com/vride.html

My dad has what I believe is the older version of that. Super fast to mow with compared to a normal lawn tractor, and built like a brick ****house. The only thing he has had to do to it in the 5-6 years he's owned it is replace the mower drive belt and change the engine oil.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mow faster, take chances. If you hit a big plastic child's toy at 12mph it should move it gently from the place where you need to mow to the place where you've already mowed.
Actually the thing is so nimble I open and close gates with it, and of course move the occasional plastic pool.