Quantcast

Riding Sat 10th

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
So just wanted to talk about this Saturdays ride. I feel like I have to talk in code after the past few weekends even though the place we are going is legal to ride. If you have ever been with us to ride at a place with a W in the name of it, then a few of us will be there this Sat. for a fun day of riding. We will be at the normal meeting spot around 9:30am. We plan on hitting a new trail that is just as fun as all the others we have riding in the past. Yes, its legal. Then we will do a few+ runs down everyone’s favorite Shuttle trail. If you know how to get there and were to meet you are welcome to come.:thumb:

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Not wearth it. We know what we can ride and what we can't up there.

And Rob I did say around 9:30!!!!!:imstupid: We will be there. You coming?
I have been really sick (nasty head/chest cold), but am coughing up a lot less phlem today. So HOPEFULLY, but I cant confirm just yet. :disgust:

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Jeff and myself will be there. Hopefully we get to hit that "new" trail you are talking about. Cause we have ridden it before and its a blast. If not we will still have a good un. And Butch we know people that have ridden in that area for over 20 years, and Im sure that they would give us a heads up on anything we may be poaching. I dont know what trail you are talking about and who would of told you what we were riding besides Cecil maybe, but we've never seen you out there (not saying you havent ridden out there, but we are out there alot), so unless your planning on riding with us, why dont you delete your posts and go start **** with someone else.

wishihadmoney

Monkey
Dec 1, 2005
Boone, NC
yea yea
john boy tellin it how it is!!!
i mite be up that way this weekend
i would be soo stoked to see u guys and ride with u guys again
laters!!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Maybe after the ride we can go sit in a restaurant for 45 minutes and not get served again. Thats always fun.........
that's funny.

years ago a friend of mine and i had been on an all day mt. bike ride.
we were trashed when we got back to the car, dirty/smelly, the whole works.
as we were driving back into town famished, we stopped in a rather nice restaraunt to chow.
the hostess took one look at us and ushered us off into the far reaches of the place.
when she asked if this was ok i said, "nope, we want to sit out on the patio"
the looks on the faces of the other patrons was classic.

we were waited on very quickly.
we figured they wanted us out fast.
i think that was the slowest i ever ate.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Yeah that sucks you missed it Jeremy, that was a kick ass trail, tanx again to Cecil for showing us. And the people at Hog Wild can......well you can fill in the blanks however you want but you get the point. Robbie I'll call ya after work.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
that's funny.

years ago a friend of mine and i had been on an all day mt. bike ride.
we were trashed when we got back to the car, dirty/smelly, the whole works.
as we were driving back into town famished, we stopped in a rather nice restaraunt to chow.
the hostess took one look at us and ushered us off into the far reaches of the place.
when she asked if this was ok i said, "nope, we want to sit out on the patio"
the looks on the faces of the other patrons was classic.

we were waited on very quickly.
we figured they wanted us out fast.
i think that was the slowest i ever ate.
They should of told us we where going to have to wait, not just lead us on. Glad I had a Fig Newton in the car!!!!!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Dude, keep that on the low as the "COP" is on this thread!!!!

i doubt they're/he's trolling around here looking for herbists.

not a law on the books anywhere about referencing it.
hell. i have a few police officers for friends here.
it's the least of what they're on the lookout for.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Not starting **** with you JohnBoy. I addressed Tool only. He posted. And he hasn't proven me wrong because he doesn't know squat. He doesn't know it's name.

But, honestly, I'm not coming down on people. Why are you so defensive? If it's a legal trail, nobody should be the slightest bit mad at me and would prove it. I don't want to see anyone I ride with or might have a chance to ride with in the future get busted. They'd go to jail...and it's it bad for business for the rest of us.

Riding a trail because you took it on someone's word? Does anyone honestly think a ranger is gonna care about that?

As for who told me about a certain trail out there, it doesn't matter. I know the trail they told me about is unnamed and unmarked and hence illegal.
This "Tool" does know the name and the ones riding this weekend do too. Once again you talk about things you really don't have the facts about. That is the reason he is all upset.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Every town should have a Captain Toms. :brows:

it tastes sooooo good when you've been up there building all day.
i ponied up for a slab of takeout ribs awhile back.
i had to pull over about halfway home and chow right there on the roadside.
i couldn't take the aroma any longer.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
back to the subject matter.

you guys have a blast saturday, no matter what you ride.
better start fine tuning your skills.

you'll soon need em !!!

Jun 11, 2004
Three..........5 minute rounds in the Octagon should solve all of this!

TWO MEN ENTER.............ONE MAN LEAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha............this party gets pretty lame around here sometimes.........don't think I'll be checking here too often.

So all you fellas I ride with regularly have my phone number.......so make sure to call for ride planning.

Oh yeah........on FRS I can have Andy make us a "private" forum where we choose who sees it.........if that interests any of "the gang."

Somebody call me with Saturday's details...............

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
back to the subject matter.

you guys have a blast saturday, no matter what you ride.
better start fine tuning your skills.

you'll soon need em !!!
OHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
If you cant tell I am very excited to ride at THE ROCK again this year!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Three..........5 minute rounds in the Octagon should solve all of this!

TWO MEN ENTER.............ONE MAN LEAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha............this party gets pretty lame around here sometimes.........don't think I'll be checking here too often.

So all you fellas I ride with regularly have my phone number.......so make sure to call for ride planning.

Oh yeah........on FRS I can have Andy make us a "private" forum where we choose who sees it.........if that interests any of "the gang."

Somebody call me with Saturday's details...............

Yep looks like we need to take up Andys offer to have our own thread to cut this crap out. At least then we will have a say so on who can post and what is said.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Yes, please!!!!! Joey whats going on at the rock? Can't wait to come play up there this summer.

right now brian and i are getting up there as much as humanly possible.
at least three eight hour days a week here lately.
we're putting the final details in on the windmill trail.
and the new exit trail off of it.

but we haven't even started to touch the older trails.
they've been sittng idle since november.
some of those are going to remain that way this year.
too many for us to maintain.
(not a bad problem to have actually)

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
right now brian and i are getting up there as much as humanly possible.
at least three eight hour days a week here lately.
we're putting the final details in on the windmill trail.
and the new exit trail off of it.

but we haven't even started to touch the older trails.
they've been sittng idle since november.
some of those are going to remain that way this year.
too many for us to maintain.
(not a bad problem to have actually)
I wish I lived closer as I would be out there helpping out. Tell Brian I said hey for me. Looks as we will be there alot this year if the race cost go up. Have you thought about having a race there? It could be big!!!!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
races are low on the priority list.
i hate the egos involved in all that mess.

i just wanna ride.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Don't know the name at all do you....:clapping:
Dude, get over it man!!! I know about your PM to JeffKill about you not knowing crap about what we are doing this weekend and all you wanted to do is get me flared up. Do you think Jeff would not tell me. He is my friend and not yours. He doesn't want to be your friend because all the crap that comes out of your mouth. If you want to have an E-Battle with someone, go do it somewhere else. None of us adults want it. You call me names like Tool, Pea Brain, and say I am not a smart man to others. Sense when did you ever become so COOL? I have never talked bad about you to anyone, even sponsors that have ask about you. Everyone knows this. You need to grow up and get yourself out of Middle School man. Understand you make yourself look bad all the time to those on this Forum and they to have started wondering just how bright you are……..