Quantcast

Rock Shox Domain DC

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
As for the 66.... Ill take the stiffness of the 66 over a super T/juniort/xvert/slider any day. Nobody compred the 66 to the T/juniort/xvert/slider, I think you mis read that.
DO I think my 66 is stiffer than the new 888evo or boxxers? NoThe Domain is the same chassis as the Boxxer, kinda contradicts your previous statemnt of your "66 will be stiffer than this new domain".
I'm gussing this fork is aimed at heavy duty stuff, giving RockShox lawyers a bit of repreasal.
With the new Boxxer so light, but such a good design(stiff), seems logical to make a strong version, for big guys, or guys that go big.
Bend/snap/crack a Booxer stanchion, and just replace it with a chrome one:thumb:providing lowers aren't noodled.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I'm gussing this fork is aimed at heavy duty stuff, giving RockShox lawyers a bit of repreasal.
With the new Boxxer so light, but such a good design(stiff), seems logical to make a strong version, for big guys, or guys that go big.
Bend/snap/crack a Booxer stanchion, and just replace it with a chrome one:thumb:providing lowers aren't noodled.
I doubt Boxxer internals will fit. Lyric guts don't play nice with Domain stanchions.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Has anybody ridden one of these Domains (SC or DC), and compare the damping to Mission Control DH or other high end stuff?
I picked up an inexpensive, used Stinky for my wife, and the stock bottom-feeder Marz fork needs upgrading (port orifice damping only). Marzocchi doesn't do Works tunes on the low end stuff, so I'm looking to find a new fork that works decent and doesn't cost a lot. I don't want her to feel like her teeth are getting rattled out on the braking bumps at the resorts, so small bump compliance is important.

The Domain RC (SC and DC) comes with Motion Control IS damping....is that a shimmed piston damper? I can't find any good info online, but it sounds like the Integrated Speedstack may be a shimstack.

Any actual riding feedback on this would be appreciated.

edit: I know that we can get an Avy cartridge plus adapter for ~$400, but the Marz chassis has seen some serious use, and it's probably a good idea to just get a whole new fork.

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
You say you want a whole new fork but just a budget suggestion:
Ask Marz if you can buy an RC3 or RC3 Evo damper. $50-$250
If my brother buys the Airborne Taka that comes with your fork I'm gonna give him my old RC3 damper.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
You say you want a whole new fork but just a budget suggestion:
Ask Marz if you can buy an RC3 or RC3 Evo damper. $50-$250
If my brother buys the Airborne Taka that comes with your fork I'm gonna give him my old RC3 damper.
That was one of the first things I asked Marz: can I put an RC3 damper in there? They said no. But if it is actually possible, I'd like to know.