Quantcast

roco internals

dhmtbiker9

Chimp
Dec 8, 2006
I opened up my roco because my rebound and dampening were to fast and I couldnt slow them down.I could take the shock by hand so I am glad I cought that too.Here is what I found, a thin oring wraped up in all the port holes for oil to flow.In the pics is where I think the oring goes, but cant find one to fit locally.I have a few pm out and am hoping for a solution.Does anyone know if this is were it goes and what size it is.Thanks DH9

Attachments

Apr 28, 2006
North White Plains, NY
You'll need to contact Marzocchi directly. However, I'll give you the heads up that they are sometimes not very happy to deal direct to consumers when it comes to replacement parts. But who knows you may get lucky.

As for your shock, you may want to know that you've officially voided any warranty on it by opening it up...so any part you get from Marzocchi will have to be paid for. Hopefully you opened it up after at least a year of ownership because Marzocchi would probably have done the work for free as a warranty issue.

Good luck tinkering with your suspension, it can be fun and satisfying to figure out how all the internals work. When you rebuild it, try picking up some Torco shock fluid...it works great. And make sure not to use Fork Oil to rebuild, it wont work properly.

dhmtbiker9

Chimp
Dec 8, 2006
Not to worried about warranty,they have helped our team out alot this year.We are running 888 slatas and had some issues but they took care of them.My freinds roco loosened up on the other end. The shock does seem simple enough for most to work on it.DH9

Apr 28, 2006
North White Plains, NY
Yeah, the shock is reccomended to be serviced by Marzocchi Authorized Service Centers...and whatever lawyer Marzocchi has working for them is great, they never really specifically say whether working on your own shock voids the warranty. It only really says if you work on it and mess up, you void it, clever.

As for the O-Ring though, just call up Marzocchi they probably have it....if you don't have any luck, I can check with suppliers like BTI that sometimes have small parts like that.

dhmtbiker9

Chimp
Dec 8, 2006
How could I have messed up that oring in there.I would have to think it was seated wrong when built and it slowly worked its way out of its spot.The shock worked great for about 4 days of dhing.I actually bought my frame from you guys at DOWNCYCLES.The 5th shock had to come off it sucked so bad.The person on our team who deals with MARZOCCHI is calling them Mon. and I should have it back together for MT. SNOW, hopefully.DH9

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
Since the shock is already open, can you take some photos of the secondary piston in the reservoir? Im looking to get a good idea of how much volume is in there so that if I bleed it, I can reset the secondary piston at the right spot. I have a feeling that a lot of the people doing this dont realize that they could be totally changing the volume in that chamber, and therefore running the shock incorrectly setup. Just for reference, that volume is designed so that it will not bottom at full compression, nor run out of room at full extension. If it does either of these, then you will risk getting air into the fluid. Unless of course the air charge is just in a bladder.....

dhmtbiker9

Chimp
Dec 8, 2006
What I opened up I did by hand so if nothing else is loose I wont be opening it. It was the oring fault that made me think something was wrong with shock so I figured I would change oil and that is when I noticed the loose body.I dont know if air was getting in to cause the malfunction.