Quantcast

Roll Call for Silver Mtn

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Who is going?
The Speedy Beavers will be there! :thumb: Make sure you come find our tent and pick up a free RockStar energy drink and a fruit leather (thanks to our awesome sponsors)!!

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Party like a Rock Star!!! 16 oz. of funn!!!! zzzzzz...oooooo sorry dozed off here at work...I think I dreamed of being on the mountain, doin' some scary stuff!!!!

The Big Muther F*cker (Trust me, I'm big in India...no... really!) with the old skool white Rotec will be there....maybe this time I'll keep the rubber side down. Oww...my spleen!!! o_O :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
That's more like it!!! :thumb: Should be good times. I'm super stoked, I just put on my new rear Magura brake last night...No more having to adjust my brakes after each run! :D Maybe I will get the front one to match soon! ;)

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Secret Squirrel said:
O Gustav M, how I luv how you stop me!!! O.k. that's enough poetry about disc brakes!!
do any of you who run the new Magura's have issues with the lever being to far out? I have small hands and the reach is a bit far even with the screw all the way out. I talked to Maguran and they mentioned bending the lever :eek: I'm affraid to though...seems like it would snap!

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Which Magura's are you using? I use the Gustav M's and since I have big hands I dial the levers to be further out. I don't know about bending the levers...

Magura will be at the Schweitzer national - talk to Jude and maybe he can do something for you. At last year's Schweitzer, Jude took care of Ethan.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
(edit* running Gustav M)
I'm not that worried about it. Ethan has the same problem. Even with the set screw all the way, which brings the lever as far in as possible, it's still a reach. The breaking power is so great though that I will barely have to squeeze....
We aren't going to Schweitzer this year :rolleyes:

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Yeah, my hands are really big.... :D :D so I dial them out....You can get them pretty close to the bars if need be....there's a lot of room for adjustment with them. I don't know when Sully from GRC is going to get his aftermarket levers out....I haven't talked to him about it in awhile, but I'm super-stoked about changing out the levers...since I'm so big, I need a more positive lever feel....The brakes put me over the bars if I'm not careful they're so powerful, but the levers just feel a little flimsy (but they're not, I've crash tested them several times.. :evil: :evil: :evil: )

The Louise FR I have on my all-mountain bike feel awesome. But it's a different lever/master cylinder set-up. They have a very positive lever feel to them. They almost stop as good as the Gustav's !!!!!!

I'd be a little hesitant to bend the levers....but if you don't crash on that side of the bars too much....shouldn't be much of a fatigue issue....

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
MUTOLI said:
(edit* running Gustav M)
I'm not that worried about it. Ethan has the same problem. Even with the set screw all the way, which brings the lever as far in as possible, it's still a reach. The breaking power is so great though that I will barely have to squeeze....
We aren't going to Schweitzer this year :rolleyes:
You're not going to Schweitzer?!?!?! but, but, but you have to defend your title?

Yeah, the braking power is super strong. First time I rode w/ the Gustav's I was out of control - skidding all over the place and almost going OTB a few times. I'm used to them now.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Secret Squirrel said:
Yeah, my hands are really big.... :D :D so I dial them out....You can get them pretty close to the bars if need be....there's a lot of room for adjustment with them. I don't know when Sully from GRC is going to get his aftermarket levers out....I haven't talked to him about it in awhile, but I'm super-stoked about changing out the levers...since I'm so big, I need a more positive lever feel....The brakes put me over the bars if I'm not careful they're so powerful, but the levers just feel a little flimsy (but they're not, I've crash tested them several times.. :evil: :evil: :evil: )

The Louise FR I have on my all-mountain bike feel awesome. But it's a different lever/master cylinder set-up. They have a very positive lever feel to them. They almost stop as good as the Gustav's !!!!!!

I'd be a little hesitant to bend the levers....but if you don't crash on that side of the bars too much....shouldn't be much of a fatigue issue....
Hmm. I think the new ones are set further out from what Ethan says. I don't feel comfortable bending them although the guy from Magura said I could...I will maybe do some grinding on the inner part that pushes the piston..He said that was an option too!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Five said:
You're not going to Schweitzer?!?!?! but, but, but you have to defend your title?

Yeah, the braking power is super strong. First time I rode w/ the Gustav's I was out of control - skidding all over the place and almost going OTB a few times. I'm used to them now.
Yeah, I know...I should be going since I did really well last year, but the husband hated that place! :D We will be doing a BC Cup instead I believe.

**you two guys are starting to make me think I may take a trip over the bars while braking in my new brakes! :D Good thing I don't have the front yet!! That is still the Grimica!!! :D

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
MUTOLI said:
Yeah, I know...I should be going since I did really well last year, but the husband hated that place! :D We will be doing a BC Cup instead I believe.
We'll be at that BC Cup race too :D I'm a bit saddistic and want to race Schweitzer again...hehehe...but we don't want to keep supporting NORBA with all the crap that's has been going on and continues to go on. The final straw for us was getting practice times cut and their new "special" practice time...just not what needs to be done to promote the sport in my opinion.....so the BC Cup gets our business instead. Happy to hear you'll be going too...the more friendly faces the merrier :D

We won't be at Silver Mtn this weekend though...we're hitting the BC Cup instead. Good luck everyone!

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
When you guys go to mission, you can stop at my house and I will bend your levers. I'm a pro at it. I've only broke one!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Velocity Girl said:
We'll be at that BC Cup race too :D I'm a bit saddistic and want to race Schweitzer again...hehehe...but we don't want to keep supporting NORBA with all the crap that's has been going on and continues to go on. The final straw for us was getting practice times cut and their new "special" practice time...just not what needs to be done to promote the sport in my opinion.....so the BC Cup gets our business instead. Happy to hear you'll be going too...the more friendly faces the merrier :D

We won't be at Silver Mtn this weekend though...we're hitting the BC Cup instead. Good luck everyone!
Not to derail, but you and Freak should look at hiting some of the Hood races! Great times :cool:

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Velocity Girl said:
The final straw for us was getting practice times cut and their new "special" practice time...just not what needs to be done to promote the sport in my opinion.....so the BC Cup gets our business instead. Happy to hear you'll be going too...the more friendly faces the merrier :D

?? Special practice...I can't remember..was that at Schweitzer?
You guys are doing the drive to Penticton?

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
two1 said:
When you guys go to mission, you can stop at my house and I will bend your levers. I'm a pro at it. I've only broke one!
So you have bent yours too? How many before you broke one??

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
MUTOLI said:

**you two guys are starting to make me think I may take a trip over the bars while braking in my new brakes! :D Good thing I don't have the front yet!! That is still the Grimica!!! :D
Naww - you won't - just gotta get used to them. For awhile, I ran contaminated pads up front so they're not as strong.

I was talking to Melissa Buhl at Schweitzer and she runs a smaller rotor so that the caliper only grabs about 60% of the rotor and she said it's still plenty strong.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Five said:
I was talking to Melissa Buhl at Schweitzer and she runs a smaller rotor so that the caliper only grabs about 60% of the rotor and she said it's still plenty strong.
Very interesting. I ran a small rotor the entire time on the rear with my grimicas because I didn't have the adapter...Holy cow did it get hot after a run at Whistler!!! That is a good idea though!

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Yeah, grinding the inner part of the lever is definitely a better idea than bending them....I completely forgot about that!!! Good luck!!! I think I'll give Schwiet a shot at least once before I decide to give NORBA the one fingered salute!!! But they only get one shot...then it's off to BC!!!! W3rd!!! :dancing:

ggrubb

Monkey
Jul 3, 2002
Endub Empire
If anybody is willing to do DH runs while hooked up to my helmet cam, let me know. Practice or Race. It's all in a pack, just a few adhesive stick-on's on your helmet.... See Ya There!

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
MUTOLI said:
?? Special practice...I can't remember..was that at Schweitzer?
You guys are doing the drive to Penticton?
Special practice is new this year....1 hour of top 40 pro men and top 20 pro women. Just feels to me like the whole "rich get richer and the poor get poorer" mentality.

The Penticton race on July 23/24th has been cancelled :(

(as for Hood Race we really want to hit some races...just other stuff gets in the way darnit!!! )

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Velocity Girl said:
Special practice is new this year....1 hour of top 40 pro men and top 20 pro women. Just feels to me like the whole "rich get richer and the poor get poorer" mentality.

(as for Hood Race we really want to hit some races...just other stuff gets in the way darnit!!! )
oh, no wonder I didn't know what you were talking about! :) That's right...I forgot it was cancelled. So which BC race is this weekend?

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
ggrubb said:
If anybody is willing to do DH runs while hooked up to my helmet cam, let me know. Practice or Race. It's all in a pack, just a few adhesive stick-on's on your helmet.... See Ya There!
Meh...I'm game...that is if you want a really high perspective of the course going really slow!! Nah, j/k I'll leave the filmin' up to somebody with way more skillz!!

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
ggrubb said:
Shane (stacy1) might do it, he and Paul are sharing the room w/ us.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
ggrubb said:

If you come to hood i will......

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Velocity Girl said:

4 more chances for hood.....
July 8-9
July 30-31
Aug 20-21
Sept 9-10

ggrubb

Monkey
Jul 3, 2002
Endub Empire
I was planning on going down there (Hood) to tape some of them, and a couple of the B.C. races.
But this weekend will be @ Silver. Trying to get a mix of different stuff this year.

---g

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Last night we did some grinding on the internal piece I was talking about and it worked! :D
I took the bike out to SST for a few runs at the flow part last night to test it out and I can't believe the braking power I have!! :thumb: :D Time to order the fronts!

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
ggrubb said:

I'll do some runs with your helmet cam. Hit me up on saturday.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
MUTOLI said:
Last night we did some grinding on the internal piece I was talking about and it worked! :D
I took the bike out to SST for a few runs at the flow part last night to test it out and I can't believe the braking power I have!! :thumb: :D Time to order the fronts!
Nice - yep you need the front. World of difference. Just don't reef on the front too hard, don't need you going OTB.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Five said:
Nice - yep you need the front. World of difference. Just don't reef on the front too hard, don't need you going OTB.
ha ha! Actually, my grimicas are super powerfull too. I'm going to have to be careful this weekend!