Quantcast

Ron Mexico Indicted for Dog Fighting:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2940065

Michael Vick has been indicted by a federal grand jury in connection with the dogfighting probe of his property in Virginia.

The indictment alleges that Vick and his co-defendants began sponsoring dogfighting in early 2001, the former Virginia Tech star's rookie year with the Falcons.

The Falcons quarterback was indicted for conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District in Richmond, Va. Three others -- Purnell Peace, Quanis Phillips and Tony Taylor -- also were indicted by the grand jury on the same charges.

...hope they throw the book at him and the NFL suspends him for at least a season. Fighting dogs is sick sh*t.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
If you have followed the story at all, it's bad. Dead dogs buried in the yard, dogs chained to truck axles inches away from each other to make them more aggresive, a treadmill set up to make them run.

Dog fighting has to be one of the lowest forms of humanity.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
So just because we don't eat them means that we should be more outraged by this than say how all of the animals we eat are treated?

Suck it up hippy.
I dont slam koreans for killing and eating dogs. Its people who torture them for sport that's sickening.

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
So just because we don't eat them means that we should be more outraged by this than say how all of the animals we eat are treated?

Suck it up hippy.
So if he ate the dogs it would be cool? Or should they let the chickens in the slaughter house live as long as they keep winning?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Haha, too early for that I hope.

But that reminds me...RMFF this year? $$$ involved? I much more likely to set my lineup if cash is on the line.
hell yeah, RMFFNFL again.

I'm willing to put cash on it, but that just seems like more work getting it done than it's worth.

live draft.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
After a March 2003 loss by a female pit bull, codefendant Purnell Peace, "after consulting with Vick," electrocuted the animal. In April, prosecutors allege, Vick, Peace, and Quanis Phillips, "executed approximately 8 dogs that did not perform well in 'testing' sessions." These animals, the indictment claims, were killed "by various methods, including hanging, drowning, and slamming at least one dog's body to the ground."
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0717072vick1.html

FriedRys

Monkey
May 21, 2007
On the losing end of a wishbone
This would not be an issue if we had Convict Deathmatches, I mean who the hell is gonna want to watch some dogs fight after seeing an axe murderer beat a child molester within an inch of his life only to have the tables turned when the child molester stabs him in the eye with a sharpened toothbrush handle. Friday Night Fights indeed.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I am so sickened...

These sick pieces of sh!t will most likely get a slap on the wrist...

What will it take for Ron Mexico to get what is coming to him... I guess you can take the Asshole out of the Getto, but you can't take the Getto out of the Asshole!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I am so sickened...

These sick pieces of sh!t will most likely get a slap on the wrist...

What will it take for Ron Mexico to get what is coming to him... I guess you can take the Asshole out of the Getto, but you can't take the Getto out of the Asshole!

He has been idicted by a federal grand jury under federal charges including conspiracy. Under conspiracy charges he can be found guilty of things other people committed as he participated and funded said 'conspiracy'. This is some pretty serious ****.

They should keep him in the NFL, just don't give him a helmet or a cup. Form his o-line from PETA members.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
From what I've read, sentence is possible 6 years in jail and $350,000+ in fines.

It's funny, the radio guy this morning made a good point. He said that if you get in an altercation with another person, or even multiple persons, the public is willing to forgive and forget.

F*ck with an animal, though, and you're going down in flames.

Screw Vick, I hope he gets the maximum sentence.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Fvck him. this story truly makes me sick.
Vick needs to be held accountable. I'd like nothing more then to see him hit with the maximum sentence. In addition to that I think a good old fashioned "sponsor boycott" is in order.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
thank you Westy and others for clearing that up... I hate hearing these high profile A$$holes being able to get out of everything just because of who they are... I am glad that the grand jury is holding court, instead of some local judge who would be star struck!

Well he is in the National Felon League!

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
In addition to that I think a good old fashioned "sponsor boycott" is in order.
Looks like Nike is sticking by him for the time being.
Of course their labor practices could be construed as cruelty to children so what's a few dogs matter to them.

boycott nike

Nike, through a spokesperson, acknowledged receipt of the Humane Society's letter.

"There is no change in the status of the agreement between Nike and football player Michael Vick; he is rightfully presumed innocent and afforded the same due process as any citizen, rather than be tried in the court of public opinion," wrote Erica Pedreguera, Nike's public relations manager, in e-mail sent to the AJC.
Airtran Airways already elected not to renew their contract

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
thank you Westy and others for clearing that up... I hate hearing these high profile A$$holes being able to get out of everything just because of who they are... I am glad that the grand jury is holding court, instead of some local judge who would be star struck!

Well he is in the National Felon League!
All that "grand jury" means is that all the evidence is reviewed infront of a jury to see if there's enough merit to go to trial.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
if vick does not get the punishment he deserves for this, then i would not be surprised if some crazed animal activists put out a hit on him.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Nike, through a spokesperson, acknowledged receipt of the Humane Society's letter.

"There is no change in the status of the agreement between Nike and football player Michael Vick; he is rightfully presumed innocent and afforded the same due process as any citizen, rather than be tried in the court of public opinion," wrote Erica Pedreguera, Nike's public relations manager, in e-mail sent to the AJC.
I like that. Vick might legally innocent, but in the court of public opinion, Nike is convicted of supporting animal cruelty.