Quantcast

***Salt Mine GMT***

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The turkeys were freaking out and I found a hole in the door of the coop. Two young turkeys slaughtered. It wasn't a large critter but the thing had eaten the heads and feet and there was blood splattered all over the place.

I'm leaning on a weasel. Absolutely vicious!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Finished putting a transmission back together then installed it.
But more importantly, I found my precious.............precious!
IMG_20240611_213519.jpg

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I aggravated my back swimming last Friday and it's pretty sore this morning. I managed to get through my race Sunday with minimal discomfort, but I am feeling it now. It's not my lower, but my middle back. What the hell. I'll do what any normal person would do and just try to ignore it while continuing to get my workouts in.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
how long is your tour of europe?

what countries?

mode of transport

planes/trains/automobile...
We're actually coming home tomorrow. We've been here just about two weeks. It's been pretty rad but that seems to be about our limit. I'm having a great time but also definitely ready to come home. I miss the dogs and despite walking more than 7 miles a day on average there is no way I haven't gained weight, because we have been eating very well.

We flew into Paris, flew from Paris to Gdansk, train from Gdansk to Krakow. Traveled in Paris exclusively on the metro or by foot. Gdansk we walked everywhere except for one river cruise to westerplatte. Took the train to Torun and back from Gdansk. Krakow has been a mix of all the above and a couple cabs for the further flung areas, because they are cheap as shit here. Poland has been amazing, definitely want to come back and spend more time. We only booked a couple days in each city and in retrospect that seems like a mistake. It's been go go to go go the last couple days and we still didn't see 1/8th of what I'd have like to have seen.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Work today.

I've been kind of browsing for a new weed/brush trimmer and have been looking at used ones. But wow, its seems like all the used gas trimmers are priced high enough that it doesn't even make sense to buy used, just spend a bit more for a new unit with warranty.

One guy has a +20 year old Honda trimmer for sale, for $150. Except he says in the ad that it doesn't run. I messaged him to see whats the deal and he replied with saying it probably just needs a $13 gas tank (he even sent a link to buy one from). So I replied saying something like "its priced quite high for not running. why not just replace the tank so it runs, the sale would be easier". Bro then replies saying basically "I KNOW WHAT I GOT AND YOU CANT CHANGE MY MIND". lmao okay.

Dude with the cheap running old Husqvarna hasn't replied, so I'm guessing he forgot to take the ad down. Oh well.

Might splurge and get a Milwaukee trimmer. Might not, idk.

Anyways, coffee.

Finished putting a transmission back together then installed it.
But more importantly, I found my precious.............precious!
View attachment 213161
Was it in the tranny?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Work today.

I've been kind of browsing for a new weed/brush trimmer and have been looking at used ones. But wow, its seems like all the used gas trimmers are priced high enough that it doesn't even make sense to buy used, just spend a bit more for a new unit with warranty.

One guy has a +20 year old Honda trimmer for sale, for $150. Except he says in the ad that it doesn't run. I messaged him to see whats the deal and he replied with saying it probably just needs a $13 gas tank (he even sent a link to buy one from). So I replied saying something like "its priced quite high for not running. why not just replace the tank so it runs, the sale would be easier". Bro then replies saying basically "I KNOW WHAT I GOT AND YOU CANT CHANGE MY MIND". lmao okay.

Dude with the cheap running old Husqvarna hasn't replied, so I'm guessing he forgot to take the ad down. Oh well.

Anyways, coffee.

Was it in the tranny?
Worse, it was in my toolbag.

Do you have Milwaukee batteries? I haven't had a look at the trimmers for a couple of years but the ones I saw seemed to be pretty poorly finished for the price.
I have a Husq which is nice and the hedge trimmer attachment works really well. From memory it was $50AuD more than the Milwaukee, not including the hedge trimmer thingy.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Worse, it was in my toolbag.

Do you have Milwaukee batteries? I haven't had a look at the trimmers for a couple of years but the ones I saw seemed to be pretty poorly finished for the price.
I have a Husq which is nice and the hedge trimmer attachment works really well. From memory it was $50AuD more than the Milwaukee, not including the hedge trimmer thingy.
No batteries, but I also need a new impact gun so I could double up there.

Do you have a gas or battery trimmer?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I need to get some electric yard tools now...weedwhacker, blower, hedge trimmer. I have Makita hand tools but they're 12v so I guess I'm in the market for whatever...

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Work today.

Anyways, coffee.

Was it in the tranny?
I've had an Echo trimmer that I got as a wedding present for 15 years now. It has been great, worth a look.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Finally got my MRI scheduled for Thursday, so there is that. WFH today because that's my usual, but I will go in Thursday because the MRI is 10 minutes from the office.

I was able to get the back of the back yard cleared, put down barrier and a fancy plastic edging. Still need to get rocks for it, that might happen today or tomorrow. I've decided to build 2 small ramps so I can use the wheel barrow on the garage side of the house vs going the long way around, so whenever that happens, the rock will be afterwards.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
:wave:

taking pops to the airport in a few. then a meeting and a presentation at work this afternoon.

14yo feeling crappy but covid test was negative, for what it's worth. he had a good first day of summer football practice yesterday. seems like they want him on varsity as a freshman? we'll see...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Wifey is getting angry because she didn't sleep last night because she's getting anxious about our flights to the Bahamas tomorrow. The weather *might* be bad so she's freaking out about that too. And because we're taking her car to the airport, she's scared that we won't get covered parking and it will get hailed on. I mean, insurance exists for a reason and because we can only control so many things, sometimes you have to let the small things go.

Wifey's aunt and uncle are here to watch Layla and MIL1. Before and after dinner they were grinding her about her knee starting to fail and refusal to get it checked. She's scared to see the doctor because she knows that she will need to get an MRI. She's scared to get an MRI because she's claustrophobic. It's a neverending downward cycle. I think it was finally beat into her that if her knee fails (she's on that path) she will be getting an MRI no matter what, but her knee will no longer have controlled damaged. Plus, she will become immobile, which means she's going to a facility - whether she likes it or not. Hopefully she gets an appt while we're gone.

Age is a bitch. I really wish more older people looked at things and stayed as active as @johnbryanpeters. He should be the benchmark for a healthy senior vs. the shit I'm dealing with. Maybe I just got spoiled by listening to JBP's daily activities to think that was normal?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
And because we're taking her car to the airport, she's scared that we won't get covered parking and it will get hailed on. I mean, insurance exists for a reason and because we can only control so many things, sometimes you have to let the small things go.
Uber. When she doesn't want to pay that, just grab her keys and say lets go. :busted:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
argh... there's an electrical circuit in my house that appears to have a gremlin. master bedroom, kid1's bedroom and upstairs bathroom are on it. had a buddy who is handy at electrical issues come by a few weeks ago to look at it. he tested all outlets with a receptacle tester, and removed the panel to see if any wires were fried. we concluded the bathroom GFCI outlet was kinda old and might be causing the issue. I replaced it, and that took care of the issue for a few weeks. but them problem has come back. power is coming and going intermittently (we notice our alarm clocks resetting) even though nothing is running on the circuit (other than the aforementioned alarm clocks).

said buddy is in Whistler for work now (I know, poor him). I think I'm going to have to call a real electrician... buy a house they said...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
argh... there's an electrical circuit in my house that appears to have a gremlin. master bedroom, kid1's bedroom and upstairs bathroom are on it. had a buddy who is handy at electrical issues come by a few weeks ago to look at it. he tested all outlets with a receptacle tester, and removed the panel to see if any wires were fried. we concluded the bathroom GFCI outlet was kinda old and might be causing the issue. I replaced it, and that took care of the issue for a few weeks. but them problem has come back. power is coming and going intermittently (we notice our alarm clocks resetting) even though nothing is running on the circuit (other than the aforementioned alarm clocks).

said buddy is in Whistler for work now (I know, poor him). I think I'm going to have to call a real electrician... buy a house they said...
I'm assuming you tried removing/reinstalling/swapping the circuit breaker to see if there was anything wrong with it?