Quantcast

Sam Hill does it again...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Nico also has the record for the most world cup dh wins (male) so there goes taht theory of yours. Peat needs one more win for the tie, and another for the new record.
was it you that told me Hill rides his road bike with flats??? :busted:

As for the Nico versus Hill thing, one factor is the equipment. Last time I checked, mechanicals these days are pretty much bent pedals and an occasional flat.

Back in the day, half the field either came down on blown forks, blown shocks, snapped rims, flat tires or no crankarm like Palmer a few times. Snapped frames and swingarms every other run. Sheered off derailleurs. Bent chainrings. Rockwell winning Mt. Snow on a blown bike. Nico finishing worlds on a flat. Peat having a fork puke oil over his rotors. Shaums riding god knows what crap zyyzzx/ellsworth busted things...
Anyone for Cannondale having their bike puke just about anything anytime.

Making it down the mountain then was a pretty big accomplishment. Heck, Kovarik took 3 years worth of technology just to get down Mt. Snow without a snapped rim...and then he made it down with a warped one. Who knows how Rennie could have ran his record at Yeti if not stuck on IRC's that left him flat multiple races.

It's all so confusing.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Hill will never win as many world championships as vouilloz did. If he tried he might manage it (although I don't think it's possible to be at the top of the game for so long any more), but my point is that Hill is going to get bored, and bored fast I reckon! He'll quit DH within a couple of years.

(PS: I hope I'm wrong)

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Hill will never win as many world championships as vouilloz did. If he tried he might manage it (although I don't think it's possible to be at the top of the game for so long any more), but my point is that Hill is going to get bored, and bored fast I reckon! He'll quit DH within a couple of years.
(PS: I hope I'm wrong)
He'll stay in it for the money.....yes, it will come and alot of it.

We'll see how he does when he has no one to push him but himself.

Nico has a deep work ethic.....not sure Hill has that. Right now its all easy peezy....

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Please as in regards to trying to interpret pinkshirt's comments. I think it was pretty clear what he meant.

Pascal's 5050's from descentworld

hahaha, looks like something i would do to my pedals! what a mess

Jun 29, 2007
Alabama
Alabama....
need I say more?
Yeah I'm from Alabama. If you assume things about people and places you know nothing about then you look like an @ss. For example: Did you know that Alabama has a larger percentage of it's land still forested than any other state? Not to mention some people don't have the option of going to an out of state college.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Nico has a deep work ethic.....not sure Hill has that. Right now its all easy peezy....
hahahaha... that is the most uninformed post i have read in a long time

you have no idea how serious sam takes his training. He puts in a TON of work in the off season to be at the level of strength and fitness needed to win WC races... all the top riders (hill, peat, matti, minnaar, etc) are professional athletes, and they train like proffesional athletes... I take it you have never seen Sam sprint, and on flat pedals none the less. He has so much power, and it is not "easy peezy" to attain that.

get your information straight before posting complete bullsh*t

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
hahahaha... that is the most uninformed post i have read in a long time

you have no idea how serious sam takes his training. He puts in a TON of work in the off season to be at the level of strength and fitness needed to win WC races... all the top riders (hill, peat, matti, minnaar, etc) are professional athletes, and they train like proffesional athletes... I take it you have never seen Sam sprint, and on flat pedals none the less. He has so much power, and it is not "easy peezy" to attain that.

get your information straight before posting complete bullsh*t
OK.
Thanks for the information.

Sam is fit and can pdeal his ass off contrary to what most people seem to think. But see if he'll keep that up for close to a decade is what deep work ethic i'm talking about.

Loose the arrogant attitude man.

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
as much as i am a hill fan i would really like to see cedric or rennie on the top of the box at worlds, i'm not saying it will happen just that i would like to see it.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Last year Sam won Fort Bill by a small margin from Cedric and Minnaar....and Barel had the fastest split when he crashed.

Well, Cedric can be a surprise too, he always rides well there.He won in 2004.
and last year he wasn't nearly as dominant as he has been thus far this year.

it would be cool to see someone else on the top of the podium for worlds though.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
yeah, i think if you and the skinny twin had met CC you probably wouldn't be antagonizing him.....
shows what you know bro. :biggrin:
Me and Can't Climb, or your pet name CC, meet all the time. We're buds. Hence why we're trash talking.
And I'm pretty sure if me and Can't Climb got in a fight, smart money would be on me. :cheers:

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
There's no fight here.
Not even an eFight.
Move along please.

Sorry to ruin the monday fun. :(

norcalbiker

Chimp
Jul 15, 2007
i think peaty is going to do well. Hes not doing quite as well as last year so far, but I think that he will win worlds. I would like to see some Americans do well in dh. So go D-Riff and Justin

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
As for the train wreck, come on Jeremy. I'm like Fox News when it comes to blood baths.
yup... just business as usual

Butch I know you are just trying to keep your reputation intact :biggrin:

the haters will never understand how to have fun around here