Quantcast

Sam Hill Injured?

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
just spoke to his team manager, "Sam's ok.. just banged his knee a bit" so i'm sure he'll be fine to dominate everyone at the first world cup.. & don't forget Fontucky in 2 weeks... not sure if he's racing Firestone this weekend.

offtheedge

Monkey
Aug 26, 2005
LB
just spoke to his team manager, "Sam's ok.. just banged his knee a bit" so i'm sure he'll be fine to dominate everyone at the first world cup.. & don't forget Fontucky in 2 weeks... not sure if he's racing Firestone this weekend.
Sam Hill and Fontucky in the same sentence..thats covering some ground.

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
not sure about firestone (since it's a small dh race w/a NORBA xc)... but he's defiantely racing Fontana... actually quite of few WC riders will be there!

here's a brief list of who's coming:
- Sam Hill
- Nathan Rennie
- Chris Kovarik
- Bryn Atkinson
- Andrew Neethling

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
not sure about firestone (since it's a small dh race w/a NORBA xc)... but he's defiantely racing Fontana... actually quite of few WC riders will be there!

- Sam Hill
- Nathan Rennie
- Chris Kovarik
- Bryn Atkinson
- Andrew Neethling
Wow that's awesome, almost makes me want to just spectate. It will interesting to see how much they smoke the Fontana regulars.

skate

Chimp
Aug 19, 2006
Wow that's awesome, almost makes me want to just spectate. It will interesting to see how much they smoke the Fontana regulars.

I agree..I can imagine how crowded it is going to be compared to last year. That can be a good thing and a bad thing I guess.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca

- Sam Hill
- Nathan Rennie
- Chris Kovarik
- Bryn Atkinson
- Andrew Neethling
Ok, I am going now, thanks for the promotion-worked for me ;)

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007

- Sam Hill
- Nathan Rennie
- Chris Kovarik
- Bryn Atkinson
- Andrew Neethling
im broken and will be missing fontana and anglefire...too bad, i wanted to see my times against everyone there

Morgan

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
all lit up
yeah i guess we will see, i think the main thing here is will they know to eat a big conti in the morn to ride savage in the afternoon? who knows :)

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Random Fact About Sam Hill:

Sam Hill won his first demolition derby in 1995 by entering the competition without a vehicle. He has won every year since.

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
Awesome! I'm excited to see how many minutes behind their times I am...

David K, where you at???

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
sorry, guess i spoke to soon... looks like sam will be riding, but might not race as he (& the crew) might be heading out to Vegas for the Supercross Finals (lucky ********!) but the rest of the world cup guys will be racing! it'll still be cool to see Sam back riding fontuky... (& the real Sam this time, not the typical "Hey Sam's riding fontucky!" when it's actually his mechanic Jacy riding! haha)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
sorry, guess i spoke to soon... looks like sam will be riding, but might not race as he (& the crew) might be heading out to Vegas for the Supercross Finals (lucky ********!) but the rest of the world cup guys will be racing! it'll still be cool to see Sam back riding fontuky... (& the real Sam this time, not the typical "Hey Sam's riding fontucky!" when it's actually his mechanic Jacy riding! haha)
edit: deleted because I e-hated for no damn reason. I'm ashamed.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Their Marquee rider is in town and a national is 15 minutes from MONSTER headquarters and they are going to supercross?
Killer marketing or guess it goes to show how little they care about mountain biking (monster).

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Their Marquee rider is in town and a national is 15 minutes from MONSTER headquarters and they are going to supercross?
Killer marketing or guess it goes to show how little they care about mountain biking (monster).
thanks for filling my shoes so consicely.:thumb:

But the real question is...how soon are you bailing on Fontucky to go sit in the box seats moto whore? :busted:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
thanks for filling my shoes so consicely.:thumb:

But the real question is...how soon are you bailing on Fontucky to go sit in the box seats moto whore? :busted:
To be honest, once RC retired, do not have much interest in 'going' to the races. Plus we get enough SX riders and wives in the store so I get my fill.
I will be at fontucky camping out in our RV, cause the fans love it. Guarantee my family and I will be the only people there to 'spectate'.

slobeone

Chimp
Dec 1, 2004
To be honest, once RC retired, do not have much interest in 'going' to the races. Plus we get enough SX riders and wives in the store so I get my fill.
I will be at fontucky camping out in our RV, cause the fans love it. Guarantee my family and I will be the only people there to 'spectate'.
Man you are super cool.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
While Sam will be attending Fontucky, the intention never was for him to race as he is not competing for the US series in 07 and since the 1st World Cup round is the following weekend. The team will be at the event as fans and in support of other Iron Horse sponsored athletes (Duncan, Evan, etc), as well as the local dealers. Sam was asked by Monster to attend the Vegas Supercross VIP event and will happily do such :)

-ska todd

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
geez... i didn't mean to open up a can of worms. you guys really need to stop whining... I don't see anything wrong w/ anyone skipping Fontana to attend Supercross Finals in Vegas... it's not like they're skipping a World Cup. I mean c'mon... he's coming to ride & be a fan!

funny how quickly people flip opinions throughout the year about NORBA... "should attend" ...."shouldn't attend"... etc. I would much rather be the Supercross Finals than Fontana (even w/o RC). Until recently i was going to bail out on Saturday to attend the SX Finals as well. unfortunately my plans have changed so i'm sticking around to cover the Fontucky nationals. i'm sure you guys would have crucified me as well:plthumbsdown:

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
Random Fact About Sam Hill:

Sam Hill won his first demolition derby in 1995 by entering the competition without a vehicle. He has won every year since.

Come on, why hasn't somebody picked up the ball here and degraded this thread into a Sam Hill Random Fact bonanza?

Random Fact:
Sam Hill's tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Did I ever tell you about the time Sam Hill took me out to go get a drink with him? We go off looking for a bar and we can't find one. Finally Sam takes me to a vacant lot and says, 'Here we are.' We sat there for a year and a half and sure enough someone constructs a bar around us. The day they opened we ordered a shot, drank it, and then burned the place to the ground. Sam yelled over the roar of the flames, 'Always leave things the way you found em!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
While Sam will be attending Fontucky, the intention never was for him to race as he is not competing for the US series in 07 and since the 1st World Cup round is the following weekend. The team will be at the event as fans and in support of other Iron Horse sponsored athletes (Duncan, Evan, etc), as well as the local dealers. Sam was asked by Monster to attend the Vegas Supercross VIP event and will happily do such :)

-ska todd
hahah. I can see a Busch series race now.
"Where's Jeff Gordon?"
"Oh, he stopped by to greet the fans then left to go attend the Supercross Finals . Pepsi asked him to attend as a Pepsi VIP. " :rofl:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
geez... i didn't mean to open up a can of worms. you guys really need to stop whining... I don't see anything wrong w/ anyone skipping Fontana to attend Supercross Finals in Vegas... it's not like they're skipping a World Cup. I mean c'mon... he's coming to ride & be a fan!

funny how quickly people flip opinions throughout the year about NORBA... "should attend" ...."shouldn't attend"... etc. I would much rather be the Supercross Finals than Fontana (even w/o RC). Until recently i was going to bail out on Saturday to attend the SX Finals as well. unfortunately my plans have changed so i'm sticking around to cover the Fontucky nationals. i'm sure you guys would have crucified me as well:plthumbsdown:
So you are saying its cool that the world champion will come to the first of the biggest race series in the states (as ****ty as it is) and just hang out?
I must be insane then.

Also find it interesting that a fan (me) gets called a 'whiner' because this is the one chance I get this year to see Sam Hill in action-so sue me for being bummed that I do not get to watch him ride.