Quantcast

samapoolza

iandude94

Monkey
May 30, 2008
OC, NY
Haha yuroshek I hope it does to! And I always thought Sam was a bit weird during interviews in previous seasons, but this season he seamed more normal. He seemed like dh robot, never having fun or partying, I guess I was wrong.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
do you think iron horse was holding him back with this kind of stuff? ever since they switched to specialized he is like a totally different person at least publicity wise.

Delimeat

Monkey
Feb 3, 2009
Canada
I like how Sam don't care (at least it looks that way). What I mean by that is that it always looks like some riders really ham it up and go that extra mile to look the "DH'er party animal" that some automatically assume they are all. I'm sure Sam goes out and has fun, obviously as the video shows, but over the years it really looks like he was just being himself in all those interviews and race footage. No need to sound extra gnar and exclaim how you are gonna bang hookers post race, just talking like a normal dude.

Ok, Now I'm sure some clown will come up with a video of Sam telling the camera he is going to bang hookers after the race.

Last edited:

juanbeegas

Monkey
May 6, 2008
Singapore
Ok, Now I'm sure some clown will come up with a video of Sam telling the camera he is going to bang hookers after the race.
He was caught, on tape, proclaiming he was going to take a whizz with 2 ladies and then going to get some illegal steroids for his chiseled body... Does that count?

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
He was caught, on tape, proclaiming he was going to take a whizz with 2 ladies and then going to get some illegal steroids for his chiseled body... Does that count?
That's not what he said, he said he was going to take a whizz with 2 ladies and they are going to look for illegal steroids in his chiseled body. He never said anything about going to get steroids. Trust me, we play that movie in my shop at least 3 times a day.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I agree...looks like Nitro Circus for DH/MTB. In that case, it could be entertaining. But he better ride his bike a lot. That's all I want to see....really.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
he dominated the 2009 season??

I wanna see hot drunk aussie chicks hooking up with each other.

Sam does the dvd have this??
we need to know!

aussie chicks are hotter than british chicks, so im glad the Atherton project didnt have any. plus they have better teef

Last edited:

juanbeegas

Monkey
May 6, 2008
Singapore
That's not what he said, he said he was going to take a whizz with 2 ladies and they are going to look for illegal steroids in his chiseled body. He never said anything about going to get steroids. Trust me, we play that movie in my shop at least 3 times a day.
Hahahah... Touche... I can't even remember which movie it was from.

Last edited:

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
he dominated the 2009 season??

we need to know!

aussie chicks are hotter than british chicks, so im glad the Atherton project didnt have any. plus they have better teef
so true! I feel like sam hill might be cool enough to hang out with us at the races now.

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
A guy i know was at a party with sam at brendans place this summer, as hes ppretty dam local to me, and said sam is a ****in animal at parties, absolute legend

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
Evidently Specialized have some good people working on putting "media savvy" in their riders résumé.

IH, not so much. :)

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Evidently Specialized have some good people working on putting "media savvy" in their riders résumé.

IH, not so much. :)

considering some of the same key people were involved with Sam Going to Specialized also played a huge part in the Iron Horse years, that is the dumbest assumption in this thread.

Sam has always been this way. I can't believe people give him crap for being professional and dedicated to winning at races. It is his job, and his lively hood.

Just like anyone on this board who takes their career seriously, we save the party until after the job is done, and done well.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
considering some of the same key people were involved with Sam Going to Specialized also played a huge part in the Iron Horse years, that is the dumbest assumption in this thread.

Sam has always been this way. I can't believe people give him crap for being professional and dedicated to winning at races. It is his job, and his lively hood.

Just like anyone on this board who takes their career seriously, we save the party until after the job is done, and done well.
What was that about a car wreck ?

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
...same key people were involved with Sam Going to Specialized also played a huge part in the Iron Horse years......
Touché, I'm not implying he has changed as a person, no crap given for his persona or race attitude, he does his job well.

What I meant was that it just seems Spec. have more dough and a better program when it comes to advertising compared to IH, all "key people" aside.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
With all due respect, I don't think IH needed to do as good a job either. Sam's results speak for themself quite frankly, but aside from that IH have always had a race team and quite a strong WC focus.

Spec on the other hand have been out of the game for quite a while and have some catching up to do when it comes to getting the fans back.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
What I meant was that it just seems Spec. have more dough and a better program when it comes to advertising compared to IH, all "key people" aside.
No surprise there. Specialized has more of everything compared to, well, almost everybody. I've heard them referred to as 'a marketing company that makes bikes (good bikes).' Though having Brendan around full time might be the biggest factor in how Sam comes across in front of the camera as of late.

off topic, but I'd be curious to know what percentage of the total market share goes to Trek, Giant, and Specialized and how much is left for all the other companies to fight over.

Last edited:

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Hill is pretty reserved in public... watch him around his mates and he opens up though.

off topic, but I'd be curious to know what percentage of the total market share goes to Trek, Giant, and Specialized and how much is left for all the other companies to fight over.
Total market share in terms of DH bikes or what?

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
With all due respect, I don't think IH needed to do as good a job either. Sam's results speak for themself quite frankly, but aside from that IH have always had a race team and quite a strong WC focus.

Spec on the other hand have been out of the game for quite a while and have some catching up to do when it comes to getting the fans back.
Sam WAS the IH race team. They only got serious about it again in 2003, which was the year he was brought on board. Before that, they were department store bikes.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
2003 was 6-7 years ago now - a pretty big period of growth for the sport from what I've seen, and Sam sure as hell wasn't the only big name on the team. Rennie, Graves, Atkinson etc. were pretty big names at some point over that period, especially earlier on.

If my bike choice over the last few years says anything (spec, spec, spec, IH, IH, IH) I don't have a real bias to either side, I just think specialized had some catching up to do in terms of race focus. And I do believe they've done a good job.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
A guy i know was at a party with sam at brendans place this summer, as hes ppretty dam local to me, and said sam is a ****in animal at parties, absolute legend
Me too, but I heard the opposite, that Sam was the most boring bastard in the world. Maybe it was a joke as they know that's how he's perceived.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Maybe there should be a party world championship to decide if he's worthy...

Seriously guys, who cares how he parties, watch his val di sole run if you want some real entertainment. 2X world champion + absolute pinner is enough to get my respect!