Quantcast

sanjay..how durable?

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
sanjay..how durable?
okay i`m looking at a season old sanjay that a friend of mine is selling, has been raced pretty much all season, world cups, nationals etc and while he's pretty smooth he has blown through a couple of back ends and has had to have the front end reworked once. however the guy looks after his stuff seriously well and hasnt ridden since the last race of last season and everything is running smooth now at 47mpg.

so what i need to know is how many other guys have had durabilty/reliability issues with the sanjay? after a seasons hiding are your sanjays up?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Man, i hear Sanjay's get used up pretty quickly when being ridden hard. He suggests plenty of lube in a big syringue. The dreadlocked model comes with 3 sizes to choose from. The new cleanly shaven version I am not sure of. Call the manufacturer.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Transcend said:
man i heard they are flexi and what's up that's not rootberr it's too dark for rootbeer. i ordered the rootbeer color but it came out darker thatn rootbeer. man i'm so pissed i'm sneding my sajay back.

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
bikenweed said:
sanjay..how durable?
okay i`m looking at a season old sanjay that a friend of mine is selling, has been raced pretty much all season, world cups, nationals etc and while he's pretty smooth he has blown through a couple of back ends and has had to have the front end reworked once. however the guy looks after his stuff seriously well and hasnt ridden since the last race of last season and everything is running smooth now at 47mpg.

so what i need to know is how many other guys have had durabilty/reliability issues with the sanjay? after a seasons hiding are your sanjays up?
Jeff, I am so confused right now.

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
bikenweed said:
sanjay..how durable?

Yeah Weed, get high.

MadDHer

Monkey
Mar 8, 2006
I don't know why you guys kiss so much butt. This Sanjay kid is just another pro rider that just races for the money and the bltches. This Sanjay kid isn't even a real mountain biker...these people only train, lift weights and are plain doppers, always on the juice.
What hapenned to riding for fun, and sleeping on closets using shoes as pillows?

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
Biking isn't good for much, but it sure does get you laid alot. Especially by dirty hippy chicks that think you ride to save the environment... :rofl:

MadDHer said:
I don't know why you guys kiss so much butt. This Sanjay kid is just another pro rider that just races for the money and the bltches. This Sanjay kid isn't even a real mountain biker...these people only train, lift weights and are plain doppers, always on the juice.
What hapenned to riding for fun, and sleeping on closets using shoes as pillows?

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
sayndesyn said:
Biking isn't good for much, but it sure does get you laid alot. Especially by dirty hippy chicks that think you ride to save the environment... :rofl:
Oh my god, that quote would have left me rolling on the floor except for the dirty hippy chick that's passed out there right now. :rofl:

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
okay i`m looking at a season old sunday that a friend of mine is selling, it has been raced pretty much all season, world cups, nationals etc and while he's pretty smooth he has got through a couple of back ends and has had to have the front end replaced once. however the guy looks after his bikes seriously well and hasnt ridden it since the last race of last season and everything is running sweet now.

i love the sundays and really want the bike but... i want my bikes to last longer than a season and i want it to be reliable. yea i could afford a new bike every year but i don't see the point and would sooner spend the money on actually riding and racing my bike. i do ride a lot, recently weve been doing anything up to 50 runs a week on our local tracks(all pretty much wc standard) but i`m not really hard on the bike and our tracks are more super tech than super fast and hard hitting.. my current azonic recoil has done me proud for 3 seasons but if the sunday is up for the job then it could be time for a change.

so what i need to know is how many other guys have had durabilty/reliability issues with the sundays? after a seasons riding how are your sundays holding up?
Ha, I am very slow, or just don't pay much attention to all the Sunday threads.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Metal said:
Ha, I am very slow...
lol was wondering when you'd figure it out...

Back on topic:

I hear the Sanjay's hardware used to wear out quickly, but the newer models are way stronger. Any dealer will have the new stuff.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I saw a sanjay in the parking lot when I was doing wheelies in sport XC this weekend.
I also saw a really flexy looking sanjay in someones pickup bed.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
mtnbrider said:
I saw a sanjay in the parking lot when I was doing wheelies in sport XC this weekend.
I also saw a really flexy looking sanjay in someones pickup bed.

Parking lot test rides do not count.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
I like the Sanjay Shuttle Biatch model...quite reliable, seems to find its way through the maze of streets required to reach the trail head and it seemed to suit multilple riders comfortably.:)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
bikenweed said:
I hear the Sanjay's hardware used to wear out quickly, but the newer models are way stronger. Any dealer will have the new stuff.
Awsome. Ya gotta maintain your Sanjay or they stop working...

seth505

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
CA
all I know is you can find more pics of sanjay than any other rider...and from what I have seen he is quite durable for sure!