Quantcast

Sat 2/19 Cap Forest ride? Old school oly peeps??

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
Got a free weekend with no time limits.....

Pseudo shuttle? Or full on bottom to top XC ride?

Jody, wanna get us lost?? Rob test the new hardtail?
Humm....you know what trail I wanna do out there :nope:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
We would need 2 trucks or lots of lung power. It would be am long haul, but we could start Above that last section, ride down, then climb the death hill and then do the rest of the loop thats mostly down.......

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
We would need 2 trucks or lots of lung power. It would be am long haul, but we could start Above that last section, ride down, then climb the death hill and then do the rest of the loop thats mostly down.......
I have one truck. I don't mind climbing, as long as there is a top of the hill ;)

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Snacks said:
I have one truck. I don't mind climbing, as long as there is a top of the hill ;)
That way wouldnt be so bad. You start with a real fun down, then struggle for a while, then basically end up at the place where we started that one day. I'd be up for that...... or if Daniel can go then we'd have 2 trucks like last time...... Maybe if we had 2 trucks wwe could ride from the top.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
ummbikes said:
My wife is out of town, I'm Mr. Mom for four days. I'll atempt the make grandma feel bad and pawn the kids off on her deal...
Cool. Would love to hook up with the old crew again.... Its been too long.....

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Oly, I need to get down there bad. Memories of all the old school Eric Eaton races in the '90s left good memories.
But, I'll be gettin' a board on in ID this weekend. It is snow season after all.
Right?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
oly said:
You make it sound so good. :drool:

Am I old school enough or does hot pink spandex still alarm you? :evil:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Shuttle bad, pedal good. :thumb:

oly said:
That way wouldnt be so bad. You start with a real fun down, then struggle for a while, then basically end up at the place where we started that one day. I'd be up for that...... or if Daniel can go then we'd have 2 trucks like last time...... Maybe if we had 2 trucks wwe could ride from the top.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Sorry midge. Were all fat and lazy these days. Plan is for a shuttle from wedekind camp down to porter creek. Even daniel says the climb out of the valley is a killer, and he can just about climb a vertical wall in the middle ring....

time still not set, not too early, but not too late. Sound good?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
oly said:
Sorry midge. Were all fat and lazy these days. Plan is for a shuttle from wedekind camp down to porter creek. Even daniel says the climb out of the valley is a killer, and he can just about climb a vertical wall in the middle ring....

time still not set, not too early, but not too late. Sound good?
OK then fine... unless we are taking GL6 down (I hate the f'in Hells Creek bottom in winter) but I am quite happy to do Mima/Porter/8 anytime. Let me know what trail...

In the past I have taken GL6 down and MP8 back up, its epic.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Serial Midget said:
OK then fine... unless we are taking GL6 down (I hate the f'in Hells Creek bottom in winter) but I am quite happy to do Mima/Porter/8 anytime. Let me know what trail...

In the past I have taken GL6 down and MP8 back up, its epic.
I have no idea what the name of the trails are, but you better come on Saturday with us!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Snacks said:
What time are we meeting at the Chervon?
9,10 or 11? Im game anytime as i dont have a time limit really. Im going to help daniel build his DHR after the ride, so he is dropping off the parts at my house in the morning so later is probably better. Ill leave it up to the north enders.....

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
9,10 or 11? Im game anytime as i dont have a time limit really. Im going to help daniel build his DHR after the ride, so he is dropping off the parts at my house in the morning so later is probably better. Ill leave it up to the north enders.....
How about 10am.....So we'll leave Tim's around 8:45am?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Last time the way it worked.

1. meet at chevron (10:00).
2. drive to wedekin camp
3. leave me and tim to freeze and watch bikes (11:00)
4. kevin, amy, daniel drive to porter creek camp ground in warm trucks
5. Daniel drives kevin and amy back in his warm truck, tim and I continue to freeze.
6. Drop daniels truck at top, and start to ride the trail (12:00 ish)

so by that maybe like 11:30 time frame? We park past the camp ground in the day use area..... works well.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
Last time the way it worked.

1. meet at chevron (10:00).
2. drive to wedekin camp
3. leave me and tim to freeze and watch bikes (11:00)
4. kevin, amy, daniel drive to porter creek camp ground in warm trucks
5. Daniel drives kevin and amy back in his warm truck, tim and I continue to freeze.
6. Drop daniels truck at top, and start to ride the trail (12:00 ish)

so by that maybe like 11:30 time frame? We park past the camp ground in the day use area..... works well.
Hahaha! You forgot to add in Daniel getting lost on the way down to Porter Creek...oh and the one armed man whelding a chainsaw :eek:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Serial Midget said:
How about it Skookum? You've pedaled much worse. :blah:
Well, I guess that's one way to keep warm!

Yippee :dancing: My first ride with SM! Oh, and I get to check out your sweet ride, the Sugar. :D

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Serial Midget said:
Swell. I will see you guys at Wedekind Camp at 11:30. I will pedal up from Porter Creek.

How about it Skookum? You've pedaled much worse. :blah:
Sounds tempting but i'm riding down with T&S, so i'll be with them. But climbing is on the docket for sure, i'm growing weary of small flat XC rides, and salivating at the opportunity of hitting some early epics once our whimpy winter is over.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
Sounds tempting but i'm riding down with T&S, so i'll be with them. But climbing is on the docket for sure, i'm growing weary of small flat XC rides, and salivating at the opportunity of hitting some early epics once our whimpy winter is over.
Skook, we'll be at your casa around 8:30am. I think Johnny will be meeting us there too.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
SM- Just a word of warning...

If your starting at porter creek do you plan to ride road up? Or trail up (GL#6)?? The bridge is out at on the trail from porter creek to the GL#6 MP#8 intersection. Its an ok crossing, but i wouldnt want to start a ride out wet.

See ya in the 11:30 time frame. How long should we wait if your not there??

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
oly said:
SM- Just a word of warning...

If your starting at porter creek do you plan to ride road up? Or trail up (GL#6)?? The bridge is out at on the trail from porter creek to the GL#6 MP#8 intersection. Its an ok crossing, but i wouldnt want to start a ride out wet.

See ya in the 11:30 time frame. How long should we wait if your not there??
Uh... have I ever been late?* :D

So the bridge is out. That sucks in a big way. :nuts:

Plan B. I'll still park at Porter Creek but will pedal C-1000 to the C-Line and hook into Mima Porter and take the trail up.

What trail are we taking down?

* oh... I mean don't wait - if I'm not there its because I am dead.