Quantcast

Saturday 12/6/08 ride in Santa Cruz

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Kelly and I and some other peeps will be up there in the AM. We're pushing up though, something about how a few of the people we've been riding with don't think we're getting in good enough shape otherwise.

Josh- I've still got your magic note!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Kelly and I and some other peeps will be up there in the AM. We're pushing up though, something about how a few of the people we've been riding with don't think we're getting in good enough shape otherwise.

Josh- I've still got your magic note!
What time are you guys getting up here? I'm down to join for some pushing. I need to get back into shape for next season anyways... CAT-1 baby!

Raacerx

Monkey
I will be shuttling early afternoon up Empire from the UC trails. If anyone wants to join, I can bring the truck instead of my Vdub. I live a couple blocks away. Join us before for some pump track warm-up on the 24" if ya want. Ill be in blue TLD gear with a blue Giant Glory.

PS. Sorry MK
then the 7point frame goes up for sale seeing a I didn't sell it.
But you wont believe the bike I am riding instead.

Last edited:

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Nor. Ca. Santa Cruz ,Mang
If everyone needs to get in shape (i could use it too) we should do a 12 mile ride that I like to do at wilder ,plenty of climbing but with some good single track on the way down.Blue , you reading this?Is your bike running now , i know you got some brakes!Anyway Big bike , trail bike, bmx bike , maybe the new stealhead ,I will be there on sat.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
No worry about the sale falling through, man. It's a good deal with all the spare parts I'm throwing in, so I know I'll be able to get ride of it no problem.

Todd... I did a 13 mile up Rincon, over Empire, down Mailboxes, loop around and out and back down Sweetness on the MkIII on Tuesday night. Was frickin' awesome.

You guys need to get out there and pedal. ;)

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
If everyone needs to get in shape (i could use it too) we should do a 12 mile ride that I like to do at wilder ,plenty of climbing but with some good single track on the way down.Blue , you reading this?Is your bike running now , i know you got some brakes!Anyway Big bike , trail bike, bmx bike , maybe the new stealhead ,I will be there on sat.
I'm hunting a stem and brake pads today...I should be game!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I think I want to focus on DH riding more on Saturday. Nate, get the parts and join us! Max, I am probably just going to stick to UC area unless Brian/Kelly wanted to move in that direction... and give me a ride. =]

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Hmmm, we'll probably just be over on campus side, but I dunno.

I know at least one of the people going will be riding a v10, so a wilder loop would probably suck for them. That and my easiest gear on my small bike is still a 36-23 :D I'll be riding that unless my stem doesn't show up in the mail before sat. I gotta get back in shape too, just got approved for a cat-1 usac license for next season.

wakeeater

Monkey
Jan 6, 2007
livermore ca
Mk if you out by tracy youll be out by me. to bad we dont really have any trails out here otherwise i could show you around. plus i still havent gotten around to finishing my bike

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Ok sat. will be a DH day for sure, but maybe next week we can do more of an all mt. ride.Then go hit the brewery for some beers and wings afterwards.Nate, you should see the stealhead I just finshed it, all new paint and parts, well most all parts are used but it looks almost new, Im tempted to bring it out on sat for its first time on dirt, or with me at least.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Mk if you out by tracy youll be out by me. to bad we dont really have any trails out here otherwise i could show you around. plus i still havent gotten around to finishing my bike
Yeah, man. I was thinkin' the same thing.

I've really been on a mission to get back into shape for race season next season, though. I don't find myself to be a super slow rider, but I'm average, and just need to get to a place where I can move at a moderate pace without keeling over and feeling like I'm having a coronary. Hence why I'm just going out to Tracy to show the road bike. So I can sell her for a new bike that I might be racing on next sseason. Hopefully the guy will like it, and if he does, it'll be his for the taking. Then I can make it back to town for a quick ride.

What time will you laggers be out there? I doubt I could make it, but just maybe...

Last edited:

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I think we'll be out there like 930 or 1030? I don't know for sure because its whenever we can corral everyone and herd them to the trails :D

I'm down to be out there for a while though, I've got nothing to do saturday except drink beer and ride bikes!

wakeeater

Monkey
Jan 6, 2007
livermore ca
Yeah, man. I was thinkin' the same thing.

I've really been on a mission to get back into shape for race season next season, though. I don't find myself to be a super slow rider, but I'm average, and just need to get to a place where I can move at a moderate pace without keeling over and feeling like I'm having a coronary. Hence why I'm just going out to Tracy to show the road bike. So I can sell her for a new bike that I might be racing on next sseason. Hopefully the guy will like it, and if he does, it'll be his for the taking. Then I can make it back to town for a quick ride.

What time will you laggers be out there? I doubt I could make it, but just maybe...

haha if you wanna dirft jump we got the super sweet p twon dirt jumps. well alright not that sweet but its something to ride out here. if you wanted to hit those up i could throw my bmx back together and see if i can still ride it as i never jumped on it

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Sounds good man! Just send us a PM.

As for Saturday, I cant wait. Went for a ride this morning and someone has been doing a lot of work on the bottom section of chupa. Super cleaned up, raked, and lots of fun.

So who is coming for sure? Lets make a list.

Me
Todd
Derek
Brian
Kelly

Nate?
Max?
Mike?

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
You know, if I'm heading to Tracy to sell my road bike, AND I sell my road bike, I'm gonna' need to come straight back home and break down the 7point and put it up for sale.

As for riding Saturday, I'm out. Jehn's got a cold/the flu and needs me to help clean/decorate for our Christmas party tomorrow night.

On a side note, I should be out at UC on Sunday. Either by 8:00am or by 11:00am. Not sure yet.

Ringer

Monkey
Mar 4, 2008
I will be at UC at some point. Will either be riding in from wilder and doing loops till its dark, or just starting at rincon doing loops until its dark or i keel over, which ever comes first. Have to test out all my new goodies from gamut. they hooked it up for 09!

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Sounds good man! Just send us a PM.

As for Saturday, I cant wait. Went for a ride this morning and someone has been doing a lot of work on the bottom section of chupa. Super cleaned up, raked, and lots of fun.

So who is coming for sure? Lets make a list.

Me
Todd
Derek
Brian
Kelly

Nate?
Max?
Mike?
It would appear that I've repaired my Magura rear lever with superglue. Tired of not riding fun bikes. I'm game, as long as nothing earth shattering happens in the next three hours. What time we rolling out at?

The brakes I got locally are FVCKED UP. Bitter.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Hahahaha...

Somehow, I suspect that a Karpiel frame would still cost me more than teh ZUMBI frame.

Just a suspect-tation though...

Eitherway, I can't stop having a boner for the Zumbi F44 frame. I've had blue-balls for two weeks over it. :huh:
Yes that's true, but you'll have more of the cool factor with the Karpiel. You'll be the envy of everyone:banana:

Really it's true:brows:

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Well you can ride my Stealhead that used to be your stealhead that was someone elses stealhead if your interested and IF i have room on my rack.I have two other people that are a maybe tomorrow,so if they blow and you dont hurl your in.Let me know and i will let you know.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Saturdays ride was so much fun! thanks to everyone for making it out!

It was a freaking blast! Z's was probably my favorite part of the ride. Well, actually I think all of it ruled.

Great to ride with everyone!

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Yea deff. a fun day, just wished I had it in me to do another run.No worries on the spa thing, maybe next time we can do a little post ride BBq beer thing.Thanks for asking us to dinner , it for sure made an impact on Mandy, she actully said she wanted to go to Pacifica next week!Now if we can just find a sitter.