Quantcast

Saturday 12/6/08 ride in Santa Cruz

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
Z's was a circus yesterday. Some interesting new stuff.

Public service announcement: Rangers were on mailboxes yesterday giving out tickets.

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Nor. Ca. Santa Cruz ,Mang
So Chico, does that mean Nate bought the stealhead from you then?Are you the one that put the 8 thousand coats of paint on it?Haha.And yea we saw the rangers on Hwy 9 having a little meeting earlier in the day so i thought something might be up.Time to make the state some money for Christmas, since us Mt. bikers dont already dump millions into the economy as it is!

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
So Chico, does that mean Nate bought the stealhead from you then?Are you the one that put the 8 thousand coats of paint on it?Haha.And yea we saw the rangers on Hwy 9 having a little meeting earlier in the day so i thought something might be up.Time to make the state some money for Christmas, since us Mt. bikers dont already dump millions into the economy as it is!
I gave it to him do build it up cause he was broke...haha guess that did happen.

I put one coat on top of it when I bought it from a girl I know who said her brother gave it to her...So I figure he was the painter...I made it that maroon color and it was like glow in the dark or some weird ****.

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
I was out there around 2 PM or so. Saw a bunch of people, and a bunch of cameras. That's what I mean, it was a circus. :) Well, actually my buddy had a camera too and was taking pics on the ladder drop, so I guess I can't complain...

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
Hmm, you must not have seen me for a looong time, because I never rode a Bullit. :) I'm on an old-skool Enduro, or a Demo 9. Here's a pic from the ladder drop:

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Hmm, you must not have seen me for a looong time, because I never rode a Bullit. :) I'm on an old-skool Enduro, or a Demo 9. Here's a pic from the ladder drop:

Ahhh man! I thought you were someone else this whole time! LOL!

I think I saw you out there, though. I was on my green MkIII that day. You were killin' it.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Nate, this weekend wont work for me.

Everyone else, awww man. Rode Airbourne this am and it was SO sweet. A certain local pro did some serious trail maintenance and reforming of the trail.

Anyone want to ride tomorrow am?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I hope it's better than the work they did on ET's...
unless it's still work in progress..
Yeah as far as I know they are moving in that direction. I dont know if the guy did work on ET's trail yet. This was the guy who groomed campers and the bottom 1/3 of chupa not long ago.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
is he also the one that added that retarded booter on Sweetness right before the double? that's just dumb..
I'm all about trail work and improving the trails, but there are "proper" ways to do it.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Not gonna' lie, I'm with Luc on that random booter. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's the one that used to just be a little log roller but now totally throws you up in the air for no reason.

Take it down, por favor.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Not gonna' lie, I'm with Luc on that random booter. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's the one that used to just be a little log roller but now totally throws you up in the air for no reason.

Take it down, por favor.
yep - that's the one. I came in there full title and expected to just float over that and transition in the left hand immediately following it just to have my rear tire almost hit me behind the head...dumb, simply dumb.

Like I said, I'm all about trail work and additions to trails - I also have the upmost respect for people that do trail work. But you can't just go around digging holes on the trail or add mounds of dirt at random spots..

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I think these were different guys who built the random booter. We came up on them right after they finished, but I didn't realize it. I thought it was also going to get a landing or something else. I guess not.

Then again, how much different is it from all the little log booters on carpet?

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
yep - that's the one. I came in there full title and expected to just float over that and transition in the left hand immediately following it just to have my rear tire almost hit me behind the head...dumb, simply dumb.

Like I said, I'm all about trail work and additions to trails - I also have the upmost respect for people that do trail work. But you can't just go around digging holes on the trail or add mounds of dirt at random spots..
Maybe if they put a kinda'-sorta' off-camber landin on the right... kinda' a landing/berm kinda' thing, and packed it in really well. It might help the riders land smooth and be able to carry speed off to the left.

I hit that booter last night, and it scared the cocka-doodle-doo outta' me. :crazy:

May 13, 2008
The Bay.
good ride.....
to bad about the spacers bloo.
what happened? did you find them?

im down to ride saturday. bloo if you want to shoot im down i have some stuff i wanted to work on at z's.

HEADS UP: Mounted patrol at bottom of Z's.
I saw this months ago..... so I always stop mid way down before going to the bottom step up.
But yes I saw the Rangers as well.... Just be nice and usually they are nice :)

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Saw mounted patrol up there about a month ago.

Ranger watched us shoot all the way down to the bottom (they were saddled up on their horse mid-trail), and didn't even say anything. We even walked back to the top and they just kept on riding. We were in full gear, big bikes, helmets, etc.

I figured maybe it was a ranger at first, but when they didn't say anything I thought it might just be a random horseback rider in a green shirt, brown hat and khaki pants.

I'm an idiot.