Quantcast

sausage is the new bacon

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Bacon donsent need the hyped up PR campain that sausage need. Bacon speaks for itself.

screw Coke....Bacon is it!!

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
what the hell is wrong with you?

BAN HIM!
you afraid of taking the pepsi challenge?
bacon tastes like ass in syrup, and can only be good if it's overcooked. sausage is much more palatable across a broad range of preparations.

it's coming, baby.

edit: it's coming back

and **** ribs, too.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
think about it: you sprinkle baconbits on a salad.

a ****ing salad.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think Pepperoni is better than bacon. It is a type of sausage so I am in agreeance with $tinkle. Bacon is just fatty smoked pork, a good sausage is fatty smoked pork with tasty spices.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I think Pepperoni is better than bacon. It is a type of sausage so I am in agreeance with $tinkle. Bacon is just fatty smoked pork, a good sausage is fatty smoked pork with tasty spices.
I'll go with none of the above, prosciutto (dry-cured) FTW...

There is veggie sausage and bacon but no substitute for prosciutto...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'll go with none of the above, Prosciutto (dry-cured) FTW...
I never even knew what prosciutto was until I went to Brazil. It was always in the salad bars. I would make super thick sandwiches with prosciutto and fresh mozzarella. It wasn't until I got home and tried to buy some that I realized that I was making $30 sandwiches.

:drool:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I am a fan of both. I like swine in general, but I prefer sausage. Not a huge fan of patties, but ethnic varieties are awesome.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i even put scrapple above bacon. i'm not a baconhater, but it should know its place.

there are as many sausage combinations as there are shrimp for bubba gump. for some reason, folks think it's clever to put bacon on a cheeseburger.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i even put scrapple above bacon. i'm not a baconhater, but it should know its place.

there are as many sausage combinations as there are shrimp for bubba gump. for some reason, folks think it's clever to put bacon on a cheeseburger.
If you are ever in LA go to the "Shack" for a shackburger. It is a cheesburger with sausage on it. Tasty but it might be a good idea to get some of those oil spill containment booms for your toilet.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
My wife bought some Morning Star sausage. She tried on link and it sat in the freezer for about 2 years until I tossed it.
Well they make a whole bunch of stuff, so its bound to be hit or miss. I've only had the mushroom and spicy black bean burgers both were pretty good for veggie burgers...

These are good too, made in Taiwan just like most bikes these days:D

shiitake mushroom jerky

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
1. Bacon
2. Links
3. Cured Virginia Ham
4. Patties
5. It's all pork but bacon is best.
6. Profit

Turkey, beef, or mystery meat based "bacon" is NOT bacon. Just like "lite" sour cream is not sour cream.