Quantcast

SCORBA National race is coming!!!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
After seeing how much work you have put in pimpin' that course, I regret to say that I will be in Pomona at the Off-Road expo that weekend working...

Have fun w/o my workin' ass

I hope enough people come out, I tihnk this is a great freakin' idea Paul! It sucks you are moving, otherwise maybe it could happen again.

Wombat

Chimp
Oct 6, 2004
Im kinda new to SC and was wondering, is this open for anyone? If so I would love to check it out.

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
Wombat said:
Im kinda new to SC and was wondering, is this open for anyone? If so I would love to check it out.
Are you cool? If you are cool then you can come over to my house and play. Otherwise, forget it, only cool kids. Unless you have the GI JOE Aircraft carrier. I doesn't matter who you are; if you have that thing, you're the coolest fvcking kid on the block as far as I'm concerned.

This is open to anyone, but my house is one of those "well-known" party houses in SC. I don't want to get overrun by UC students, so that is why it is Invite only. Please email me at scorbanational@hotmail.com so I can count you in on the fun. I once had the friggin "shopper shuttle" stop and drop off like 15 people at my house for a party. I don't want that to happen again.

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
punkassean said:
After seeing how much work you have put in pimpin' that course, I regret to say that I will be in Pomona at the Off-Road expo that weekend working...

Have fun w/o my workin' ass

I hope enough people come out, I tihnk this is a great freakin' idea Paul! It sucks you are moving, otherwise maybe it could happen again.
Come and ride it with us some other time dude, It's REALLY fun on those pixie bikes. HOLY MOLEY, REALLY FUN.

Wombat

Chimp
Oct 6, 2004
El_Chimichanga said:
Are you cool? If you are cool then you can come over to my house and play. Otherwise, forget it, only cool kids. Unless you have the GI JOE Aircraft carrier. I doesn't matter who you are; if you have that thing, you're the coolest fvcking kid on the block as far as I'm concerned.

This is open to anyone, but my house is one of those "well-known" party houses in SC. I don't want to get overrun by UC students, so that is why it is Invite only. Please email me at scorbanational@hotmail.com so I can count you in on the fun. I once had the friggin "shopper shuttle" stop and drop off like 15 people at my house for a party. I don't want that to happen again.

Didnt know that I was going to talk with a SC elitist ahole so quck. As a new student here I though I wouldnt find these pricks untill I get on the trails. Oh well, hope I dont run into you anytime soon.

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
Wombat said:
Didnt know that I was going to talk with a SC elitist ahole so quck. As a new student here I though I wouldnt find these pricks untill I get on the trails. Oh well, hope I dont run into you anytime soon.
It was a joke. You are invited, even if you are not cool. I live with a student of UCSC. I Just don't want 200 people trashing my house for the 8th time this year. That is actually not any kind of exaggeration. We REALLY did have 200 or more people come to my house a bunch of times and all of those parties got broken up by the cops. So, you can see why I had to make it invite only. People can SEE when we have a party and it will be necessary to tell some of them to go away. I can only do this if the people who ARE supposed to be there have proof (ie registration form). Come out and have fun!!!

You may have noticed I am actually WEARING an a$$hat in my picture. There is no need for further insults.

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
surfinguru said:
Hey Chimichanga,

Is it still on? What kinda time frame are we looking at start wise etc.? Group ride will be on Dead Campers? Update bro! The wrist might still be broken, but that's what tape and wrist guards are for right?

The game is still on...I talked to max today whilst riding campers. 10 am is when the race starts so be there a little early. my house later on @ 3:00 pm for the pixie race.

Juano

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
my hi-use
Wombat said:
Well if you are a student then its time to work on your grammer and come out of that box your living in to see what sarcasim (Sp?) is!

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
IronJim said:
who won the race
here are the results...

A few notes:

1. I would like to thank everybody who came to the race. A really good time was had by all, except for poor daisy (8yrs old!?!) who ate it in the second turn and scraped her knee. I felt soo bad.

2. I think we could do this again if anybody is interested. Give me some suggestions as to what you liked and didn't like about it.

3. We ran the MtnX race in Dual slolam format because it was too skechy with 4 people going at once.

4. The pony keg was tapped out about halfway through the race, soo...we went to whisky-cokes instead. Whooo! The carbonation from the beer and soda was hard to drink when you were out of breath! The kiddies ended up drinking just coke.

5. A bunch of people who pre-reg'd didn't show for the DH race and some random people riding the trails that day signed up. We had an ok turn-out for that but not many people did both events. Jim and I and Erik, Racerxx and DUI were some of the few who actually qualified for the win.

6. Surfingguru has a bad-ass bike and even raced the dual s. with a freshly healed broken wrist. Very impressive.

7. I put 4 weeks of hard labor into the course and it turned out to be completely worth it. Everyone who was there made my day!

Hey, I had a great time Paul. Since I overslept and missed the DH portion of the event, I had to do the slolam race. (Man those pixie bikes + a few beers, woo-hoo :dancing: ) Anyway, if you decide to do this again, let me know and I'll be glad to help out.

It was cool to meet all the diffent people, see a few acquantances, and put a face to a few names.

Again, great time.

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
Raacerx said:
I had a fun time. But I was disapointed more people didnt race the DH. Dead campers is a sketchy trail to race for sure.
Yeah, I was thinking we could do sweetness, but that trail has a lot of regular traffic on it.

Any ideas?

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
Video compliments of DLo...

Class, can everyone say thankyou to DLo? :D

Right click and save as...

http://www.freerideracing.com/movies/SCORBA/1.mpg
http://www.freerideracing.com/movies/SCORBA/2.mpg
http://www.freerideracing.com/movies/SCORBA/3.mpg
http://www.freerideracing.com/movies/SCORBA/4.mpg
http://www.freerideracing.com/movies/SCORBA/5.mpg
http://www.freerideracing.com/movies/SCORBA/6.mpg
http://www.freerideracing.com/movies/SCORBA/7.mpg

vid1: James vs. David; David won 'cause his cup hit the table first...

vid2: DUI vs. Kyle; Kyle is our resident trials freak, and you can see him try some classy moves.

vid3: Bottle Rockette (Erik) vs. Darren: For how much Erik drinks, he should have been able to win, especially with like a 4 sec lead. Alas, he was no match for the pure guzzling powerhouse that Darren is.

vid4: Jim vs. Charlie: Uhhh, I think charlie was pretty toasted at this point, you have to give him credit for trying though. He finished his beer at the end even!

vid5: Ed vs. Racerxx: I felt bad that Racerxx got the bum bike, he should have advanced a lot further than first round. I like how when he loops out in the berm the camerman goes "YEAAAH!" Where's the love? :heart:

vid6: David vs. Karie: Karie was the only girl to advance, and mostly cause she wasn't a dumba$$ like the boys. She won this round 'cause David didn't finish his drink...

vid7: DUI vs. Darren: As you can see, DUI was getting a little competitive at this point. Poor Darren...

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
Max, I can't believe how nicely that picture of the fall came out. Even though you can't see much of the rider, you can tell that most of you is in there. And the rest of the bike is just lost in the dust!! Friggin hilarious.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Max, Since when is your bike orange???

I got your call yesterday, I pretty much slept the whole day.

Damn, I am bummed I missed out on the race!

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
punkassean said:
Max, Since when is your bike orange???

I got your call yesterday, I pretty much slept the whole day.

Damn, I am bummed I missed out on the race!
Actually it's a DHS Mono.. not the Tube he usually rides. My friend hooked me up with the bike since he's in the hospital. You SCers make sure Max takes good care of it, meaning... it gets ridden :D

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
Paul, thanks for having this event, I had a blast! It was cool to meet some new people as well. I took a bunch of pics and attached some below. A couple comments first:

El_Chimichanga said:
6. Surfingguru has a bad-ass bike and even raced the dual s. with a freshly healed broken wrist. Very impressive.
...and he almost came from behind to beat your ass! :) (See evidence below)

El_Chimichanga said:
vid4: Jim vs. Charlie: Uhhh, I think charlie was pretty toasted at this point, you have to give him credit for trying though. He finished his beer at the end even!
This is the only logical explanation for me making it past the first round in the pixie-x.

OK, some pics (I might have some of the names wrong, I made my best guesses in some cases):

1) The signup area.
2) DH start.
3) DH end. I took this one w/o a flash so it wouldn't turn out so dark, but that meant that fast-moving objects (like guys on bikes) got blurred out. But the effect was kinda cool. Some of the guys were actually going that fast too...
4) The all-important pixie-x start technique.
5) The even more important chugging technique. Here Karie demonstrates proper form in a dramtic first round come-from-behind win over Kyler.

More in a moment...

Attachments

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
More pics...

1) DUI showing that yes, you can actually get air on a pixie bike.
2) Erik getting some air, DLo in the background having issues with the whoops. DLo came from behind to win due to excellent chugging technique.
3) surfinguru almost taking Paul out of the running, broken wrist and all!
4) Raacerx got the bike with the special adjustable handlebars.
5) The only injury (aside from that poor little girl that skinned her knee). This guy was just trying out the pixie bike on the course, and ended up doing a pretty bad faceplant. I think he went to the ER to get his lip stitched up.

More coming...

Attachments

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
The final installment:

1) If you break the pedal off the bike during the race, you're allowed to run with the bike from that point to the finish line.
2) Josh looks cool no matter what bike he's riding.
3) This is what happens when you mix pixie bikes and drinking.
4) The overall winner.
5) Last, but not least, the training wheels winner!

Attachments

lengarci

Chimp
Oct 14, 2004
Yo Paul, thanks for hosting a great pahty!

I left a little early after planting my face on the burm. I was hurrying to the urgent care to wait 6hrs to get 5 stiches to close up the hole in my face. Good stuff... I didn't catch everybody's name, but I remember the faces. See you on the trails.

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
lengarci said:
Yo Paul, thanks for hosting a great pahty!

I left a little early after planting my face on the burm. I was hurrying to the urgent care to wait 6hrs to get 5 stiches to close up the hole in my face. Good stuff... I didn't catch everybody's name, but I remember the faces. See you on the trails.
Dude! You ate it soo hard. When you stood up you wobbled all over the place. Sorry to see that kind of carnage on a pixie, but you can always blame it on the keg. Glad to see you are OK now.