Quantcast

@>@ Screw mid work week GMT@<@

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It's a very crummy, chilly and rainy day out there....the double espresso helped, but the weather still remains...

Ugh. This week is dragging. I set up one of my Echo Dot's last night. That was pretty fun figuring out all the things I can do with it. I would love for it to be able to work with my KODI app, but looks like some deeper computer stuff than I really care to get involved with.

Need to do some work on a photo restoration project this evening. I've been slackin' and gotta get crackin'.

Go be cool Fonzie's out there today.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. "partying" with increased alcohol intake + windy night == lousy sleep. Mild temps and no rain -> I shall be able to ride on wet leaves in the daylight today if office shenanigans don't get in the way.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Knocked out a cauliflower + cashew soup with toasted chickpeas last night for an appetizer and followed that up with shrimp scampi as the main course. Managed to buck tradition and instead of giving the wife something cotton for our 2nd anniversary (like what, a cotton gin?) got her a book of poetry. Seemed to be more of a self-growth kinda gift instead of supporting a bunch of made up rules on what I should get.

I must have done a decent enough job cause she was still in bed when I woke up this morning; I have survived another year.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
will be doing quality control of a print version of a report today, comparing french to english, and making sure there are no errors en français. my head hurts just thinking about it. blech.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
will be doing quality control of a print version of a report today, comparing french to english, and making sure there are no errors en français. my head hurts just thinking about it. blech.
merde!

not feeling super great . . . will slog on through. ugh. it's 9:51 and I need a nap!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Starting to get sick, I'm assuming from Haley. Giddy.
Checked my email this morning. Not giddy.
I'm ready for a nap.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ugh. This week is dragging. I set up one of my Echo Dot's last night.
wife got me an echo dot for xmas last year... while cool, i find it had very limited functionality due to lack of integration with google services. wound up getting a google home instead, but primarily use it as a speaker for playing music.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
wife got me an echo dot for xmas last year... while cool, i find it had very limited functionality due to lack of integration with google services. wound up getting a google home instead, but primarily use it as a speaker for playing music.
I linked it to my Pandora acct which worked great. Also used a few TP-Link outlet plugs to control lighting in a few rooms - created an "Away" mode which will turn on/off lights randomly to make it appear you're home when you aren't. I'm not proud of this one, but I created a skill that linked to Pizza Hut & Dominoes which allows me to go full-sloth and order pizza without lifting a finger - I fully expect 600-pound man status to occur at any time.....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I linked it to my Pandora acct which worked great. Also used a few TP-Link outlet plugs to control lighting in a few rooms - created an "Away" mode which will turn on/off lights randomly to make it appear you're home when you aren't. I'm not proud of this one, but I created a skill that linked to Pizza Hut & Dominoes which allows me to go full-sloth and order pizza without lifting a finger - I fully expect 600-pound man status to occur at any time.....
i have a pretty large library in google music. that app isn't compatible with the echo, so yea. also, the google voice search services are WAY better.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I need to ask HR for a jole role description change from sys admin to emergency cluster unfuckerer technician, because that's all that I seem to do these days.

Its now 11am and I finally have a free moment to go grab the morning coffee and maybe do some actual work.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Came in late (7:30) because I have a 3:30 meeting = kill list. Blue skies are nice, but it is bitter cold. 28 on walkies this morning, brrr. I will take a week of dry, though. It is a nice break.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/spangles-one-piece-carbon-wheels-first-look.html

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Direct quote from the article:

"We see ourselves in the same mold as a Tesla or an iPhone in this manner; in two years time, we are aiming for people to look at spokes and consider them to be the odd-looking wheels. Just consider how the mobile phone looked before the iPhone! Yes, there were other touch-screen devices out there already, but they were ugly and ill-considered affairs. A decade later and you’ll struggle to even find an old-fashioned device anymore, such is the ubiquity of the touchscreen. Simply put, our aim is to be considered entirely normal, and people will look at a spoked wheel with curiosity."

loolololololololololololololololol

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I think I have been stressed lately. Moving to and especially moving to a new country is a bigger deal than I had imagined. I just need to make sure to chill and get more riding time in too.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

"We see ourselves in the same mold as a Tesla or an iPhone in this manner; in two years time, we are aiming for people to look at spokes and consider them to be the odd-looking wheels. Just consider how the mobile phone looked before the iPhone! Yes, there were other touch-screen devices out there already, but they were ugly and ill-considered affairs. A decade later and you’ll struggle to even find an old-fashioned device anymore, such is the ubiquity of the touchscreen. Simply put, our aim is to be considered entirely normal, and people will look at a spoked wheel with curiosity."

they've been spending a LOT of time in the shed.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Bit chilly on the ride in--25 degrees! After being in the car for a few days I was ready to trade comfort for lack of aggravation, as other drivers are the worst.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

"We have looked to the simplicity in mathematics and nature to produce this design, the prime number of 3 being the ultimate reduction of the chaos of a traditional spoked wheel."

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

I dismissed the nonsense when I saw the picture of the wheel with a Nobby Nic on it. :disgust1:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Have eaten so many cloves of garlic my phlegm tastes like Papa John's Garlic Butter Sauce®.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
A ripe garlic stench beats BO.
Meeting on Monday, girl next to me says "somebody's cooking curry & now im hungry!" in reality it was me & my pheromones stewing in my sweater after running a low grade fever all morning. :rofl: