Quantcast

>>>Second GMT of da week<<<

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Melatonin makes me dream sh*t from "Jacobs Ladder." It's fvcked up, and I can't believe it isn't outlawed. Woe be unto the unfortunate soul who crosses paths with someone simultaneously on Chantix and Melatonin.
I may try a hero dose tonight.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
View attachment 132827
(Not my pic, I leave too early)
Afternoon Monkeys.

Wicked flooding on my drive in this morning. Lots more rain all week. Going away for the long weekend for a pre-bday for the wife. Will be a soaker, but that's fine. I would rather be wet and away than dry and home. We will get our house back eventually (July 1st is the hard date).
Grey car owner should have gotten a brodozer.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Just got a call for an interview running a video production dept. in downtown boulder. bottom of the pay scale is 20k more than i make now & I am perfect the gig. :)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Grey car owner should have gotten a brodozer.
Bman leaves about an hour before I do. He said "lots of standing water in the right lane". I hit a damn lake and almost went off road. I decided after he sent that to drive the truck. My car would have been toast.. :rofl:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Biiiig snowstorm on the way. Work told us to bring our laptops home to wfh tomorrow. No problem. Just got word from the school, they'll be closed tomorrow. Guess I'm not working from home. :rant:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
The Tahoe Ski areas are forecast to get 8 inches of rain in the next 48 hours at base level

Fixed that for you. :D
.DISCUSSION...
Very tricky, changeable forecast as a strong storm system moves
into the area tonight through Thursday. Snow levels will start low
tonight, then rise rapidly by Wednesday afternoon as strong warm
advection moves in. The timing and extent of this is particularly
difficult to project, with some cold air entrenching for a time
over the northern mountains and locally in mountain valleys and
basins. A Winter Storm Warning is now in effect starting this
evening for the mountains, extending through Friday afternoon. A
cooler system will bring snow levels back down Thursday night to
3000-4000 feet. Thursday will see snow levels around 6000-7000
feet, bringing high snow amounts to the passes. This will make
high mountain travel difficult to impossible at times. Thursday
has trended wetter as the trough is deeper and slower than
previously projected. High level snow amounts of around 2 to 5
feet are expected through Friday, more over high peaks.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
lulz...yeah, i guess you're right. :rofl:

I retract my previous statement somewhat, Closeted Gay Smut. Will go over much better during your summer neighborhood wine mixers. You may actually get some cash requests for your work.

Edit: sorry, forgot you live in Toshi and Stoney's state, not their neighborhoods.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just got my suit out for tomorrow's interview. I had to go down three weight sizes back to vintage 2008 era suits. Should be fun, given that I normally show up in jeans and a polo, appearing in a $2500 custom suit. Especially when all the execs are in town, the only people wearing suits are them.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I retract my previous statement somewhat, Closeted Gay Smut. Will go over much better during your summer neighborhood wine mixers. You may actually get some cash requests for your work.

Edit: sorry, forgot you live in Toshi and Stoney's state, not their neighborhoods.
Break a leg, Stoney.

TN lives in a hippie commune in the hills, more or less. I don’t think there’s even a way to bathe up there

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Just got my suit out for tomorrow's interview. I had to go down three weight sizes back to vintage 2008 era suits. Should be fun, given that I normally show up in jeans and a polo, appearing in a $2500 custom suit. Especially when all the execs are in town, the only people wearing suits are them.
///suit!
good luck.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
IPA is no longer a new thing, I guess. I am actually not a fan, but it is sad to see another good brewery fail.
I went to Bridgeport exactly once. Had a pretty awful experience, bad food, horrendous service, meh beer. Bought a couple sixers afterwards but was never really super impressed. Nothing bad, but nothing good either. I'm honestly surprised they lasted as long as they did. Way too many great breweries in that town for a sub par place to survive.

edit: I didn't know Alameda was gone. That one does give me feels. Their Belgian wit was the best I've ever had. I have a couple of their pint glasses still. :(

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I went to Bridgeport exactly once. Had a pretty awful experience, bad food, horrendous service, meh beer. Bought a couple sixers afterwards but was never really super impressed. Nothing bad, but nothing good either. I'm honestly surprised they lasted as long as they did. Way too many great breweries in that town for a sub par place to survive.

edit: I didn't know Alemeda was gone. That one does give me feels. Their Belgian wit was the best I've ever had. I have a couple of their pint glasses still. :(
Honestly I hadn't been there in forever. But you are right, Portland is a tough market and while they were pioneers, they didn't bring much other than being one of the first to go big time. There are WAY better options.

Also a lot have been bought up. Nobody likes to talk about Widmer brothers selling out years ago. Still good beer, but it isn't Portland anymore.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Break a leg, Stoney.

TN lives in a hippie commune in the hills, more or less. I don’t think there’s even a way to bathe up there
Not this time of year. The creek is froze!

but in all reality with the septic fucked we have been showering at the rec center

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
don't forget your business monocle

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Melatonin makes me dream sh*t from "Jacobs Ladder." It's fvcked up, and I can't believe it isn't outlawed. Woe be unto the unfortunate soul who crosses paths with someone simultaneously on Chantix and Melatonin.
try a lower dose. for me, it's one of the few sleep aids that doesn't make my dreams more fucked up

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Three gummies, but I don’t know the dosage.
Edit: 2.5 per gummie
try a lower dosage. most adults should only need 3-5 mg. we had to give it to our son after the car accident, and his dosage was 1mg.

edit: we had to give it to our daughter too (both kids had concussions). her dosage was so low we had to dilute liquid melatonin with water to get it right.