Quantcast

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
sorry i don't have a digital camera . thank you so much for the gifts treesaw ! she gave me a pile of cliff/luna bars, green RM stickers,a parktool bottle opener , parktool pint glass and for the grill a parktool bbq set :thumb:. i really appericate the gifts and thanks again . merry x-mas treesaw :cheers: !
YEAH!!! I am glad you liked it. Every BBQ needs beer so I thought he other items could help out with that. And, I couldn't possible use non-Clif/LUNA for packing material LOL!!! Merry Christmas Mike!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
So I ran into a problem.

My gift got heavy in a hurry. Turns out UPS couldn't get it there before the 28th for less than $100. Hopefully the gifts off set the fact that it won't get there until the 28th.

Sorry Elf. I'm a **** up. But I think you'll dig what you got.
Woah!!! And I though $20 was excessive. No worries...I vote you stay too :thumb: You may want to send your elf a PM on X-mas Eve/Day though...just to wish them a Merry Christmas.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Hooray, I got mine! Pics tomorrow, but it is a buttload of beer and a tshirt. Seriously, thank you so much Maddog17!!!!!!!! I don't know where to start.

On a weird note. I found the receipt from UPS and punched in the tracking number for the package I sent and it says nothing is found???? I sure hope it gets there. Delivery date was supposed to be Friday the 18th. :(

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
On a weird note. I found the receipt from UPS and punched in the tracking number for the package I sent and it says nothing is found???? I sure hope it gets there. Delivery date was supposed to be Friday the 18th. :(
UPS is slammed this time of year. It wouldn't surprise me if someone just forgot to punch the info in the computer. More likely their system is just backed up based on the sheer volume of orders they are processing right now.

If you know your monkey hasn't received it yet, give UPS a call and see what's up. I've already had one major SNAFU from Brown Santa this year (took 9 days for something that should've taken 2, the parcel didn't show up in their system for like a week, AND they had the wrong delivery address).

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
UPS is slammed this time of year. It wouldn't surprise me if someone just forgot to punch the info in the computer. More likely their system is just backed up based on the sheer volume of orders they are processing right now.

If you know your monkey hasn't received it yet, give UPS a call and see what's up. I've already had one major SNAFU from Brown Santa this year (took 9 days for something that should've taken 2, the parcel didn't show up in their system for like a week, AND they had the wrong delivery address).
I left the # at home so I'll call tomorrow if my monkey doesn't get it today.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just got my quote from the shipping department. I did a double take and had to ask her to repeat herself, because I didn't believe it the first time. WAY less than I was expecting.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Just got my quote from the shipping department. I did a double take and had to ask her to repeat herself, because I didn't believe it the first time. WAY less than I was expecting.
I thought $100 was outrageous, do you have that beat?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
How much did all of you spend on shipping? Mine was $18 to ship from CA to the east coast. 20x14x8 and 3lbs.

under 5 dollars for 3 day shipping of a 13lbs package (dims: 24"x15"x15")
WTF?! Do you work for the shipping company or something?? I worked for UPS for a couple years and thats a killer deal.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
WTF?! Do you work for the shipping company or something??
No, but for a non-manufacturing facility (R&D, corporate type stuff as well), we do absurd amounts of shipping. Its not uncommon for us to send/receive a few pallet loads of samples a week (and that's just my department). We also ship things internationally overnight on a regular basis. Let's just say we get EXTREMELY good corporate discounts.

Granted, I've never personally shipped anything this large, so I wasn't sure what I was gonna get charged. If I had known it would've been this cheap I would've overnighted it.

Yelo

Monkey
Aug 3, 2008
Quebec city, Quebec, Canada
USPS says that:
Label/Receipt Number: xxxx xxxx xxxx x
Class: Priority Mail International Parcels
Service(s): International Parcels

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

Detailed Results:

- Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
- Foreign Acceptance, December 12, 2009, 11:29 am, CANADA
Canada Post says that the package as leaved Canada....

Starting to fear that the package will be late....:(

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I bought "local to my elf" from Ben's Cycle in Milwaukee - still paid the priority mail charge to get the items to TN. However it was a cool way to be sure that the stuff will arrive to the elf on time. Might be a good tip for future Secret Santa years.

Find a good shop in the person's hometown and order from there. It would not allow for creative box decorating, but it would provide for timely deliveries. :thumb:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
My package is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow to my elf.

This holiday season has been such a blur of packing and working and running around that I don't think I included any identifying marks :p - the packaging was going to be tell-tale but it didn't happen.

I'm away from my shipping address right now, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if I got anything. :monkeydance: