Quantcast

Secret Santa interest POLL

Who would like to do this for Christmas.

• I would

Votes: 26 52.0%
  • I would not

Votes: 24 48.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ok I was wondering if RM would like to try and do a Secret Santa this year.

For you guys who don't know what it is, everybody who participates buys a gift for someone else. Nobody buys a gift for the same person who is buying them a gift. The secret part is the whole time nobody knows who is buying for them.

We would have to have a cut off date to join and I think we would have a spending limit of like $25.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
me89 said:
just a little early. but good idea. im in if i get the money.
it has to be early because we need to give people time to sign up.

However this is JUST to see if there is enough interest so I can get things moving on it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dwaugh said:
If we're in, then we get to make a "wish list" right? So we know what the other person wants that is in the price range?
If you want.

With the way people think on this board hopefullly you'll have someone who knows a little bit about you and gets creative.

But of course we can have a wish list kinda thing....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
50% so far is awesome!! If all of RM were to vote this way we would have a bunch of people.

I'm looking for more the amount of people who would want to join. I could careless about the people who don't really.

If we're able to hit like 20 I think that would be awesome!!!

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I thought secret santa was a charity thing, where you buy toys for a needy child who you don't know, or at least who doesn't know you are buying him toys. I'd do that, buying toys for guys here is a little, um, well you know wierd.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Kornphlake said:
I thought secret santa was a charity thing, where you buy toys for a needy child who you don't know, or at least who doesn't know you are buying him toys. I'd do that, buying toys for guys here is a little, um, well you know wierd.
Um who said anything about toys.... I thought it would be fun to be creative.

Don't know why I waste my time.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
instead, how bout we chip in and buy some poor kid a bike??

(and no the poor kid wouldn't be me!)
I make donations on my own... your idea is great and all but I just wanted something fun to help promote the RM community.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
How about an RM Bike Bash Trip....

I wonder if we could all kick in on a group rate at Whistler sometime next year?

Rent Condos n stuff at group rates....

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Oh quit whining stoshy. I don't see how it could possibly work. Be more more specific as to what you are talking about and maybe it will make more sense. And if some people choose not to participate so what.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Hey now, be nice!

Maybe Stosh is secretly crushing on another monkey and he is hoping he picks him for a secret santa.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo

Everybody who wants to join would send an e-mail to me probably, stating their name, address and so on. Then after the deadline I would go thru and randomly match each person to another person and then I would notify everybody about who they have. If for some reason we end up with an odd number then I will simply not be part.

If a person doesn't send their stuff and it can be proven then maybe we can get RM to ban him or her for a month or permantly from the Buy/Sell forum. I don't really expect anybody on RM to be that way but I also I think there should be a min 500 post requirement.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
chicodude01 said:
I'm in :thumb:

What's with everyone sippin on haterade?
Awesome man thanks!!!!

I've seen it done before on a similar scale. It takes a year or so to catch on but it's so funny to see what people send each other. Imagine the stuff I would get if Loco got my name..... :blah: :blah: :blah:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
8 people are interested in Santa's pole.
Hey Mod, change the question to Stosh's Pole then delete all the men who voted.....

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Kornphlake said:
Think of it. Through buying something that someone else wants for them, they buy something that you want and give it to you! I guess it makes sense. Anyone who wants a bashguard, I can make one custom.....