Quantcast

Shed Thread SUNDAY November 28th

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Since Corey gets his panties in a bunch when people take over his thread, i'll start my own :D

Anyone interested in ridin' the shed? I gotta show that RT who's boss! (and then i'll introduce it to Dan or somthing, because I sure ain't boss)

My GF might be coming out too, shes all about the outdoors and woods and stuff.... (Shuttle Driver anyone?)

I'm there man, I have to get the balls to try that thing. After witnessing DBR crash hard on the New and Improved RT, kinda scared me off. 9 or 10 is good. Maybe i can talk my "shuttle driver" into coming as well.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
corey_dcstreet said:
anybody interested in buying a ~1995 Scott steel hardtail frame? i thought this might be a good place to post this up :blah: :D

No, but I heard you ventured back into Dirt..... Come out and ride the shed on Sunday :blah:

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
btw that thing is pretty straight now, so y'all have no fear. The speed I was hitting it in those vids was way too fast; today we were going about 2/3 that speed and nailing it dead-on. I also put something in to prevent falling off the outside edge like I did... today was wreck-free on that bad boy.

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Yeah ,wreck free cause some of us are pussys and did'nt do it.I'll get that mofo next time. Thanks for the ride ,had a great time.Corey ,way to hijack the tread man(snuck that right past mike).I think I'm down for the first week in Dec.
Later E.C.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
DßR said:
btw that thing is pretty straight now, so y'all have no fear. The speed I was hitting it in those vids was way too fast; today we were going about 2/3 that speed and nailing it dead-on. I also put something in to prevent falling off the outside edge like I did... today was wreck-free on that bad boy.
wreck free? DAMN sweet! i guess maybe some of us are bad luck for others ;)

i might be able to ride the shed next sunday if i get the bike back from the shop.

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Now ,when I say pussys , I'm of coarse refuring to myself .No offence to those who chose not to ride it wet out of pure intelligence. I was just straight up chicken s#*t.

RATM

Monkey
Aug 5, 2004
Washington DC area
I've been to the Shed one time before, I thought it was pretty sweet, but rideing a spot like that alone makes me a little over cautious, is it okay if I join you guys out there Sunday?

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
E.C. said:
Ben .Bummer you did'nt make it out yesterday .Let me know if you can make it the 1st week of dec.
Eric
Defiantly a bummer… Sorry I missed you guys! I’m in the process of opening a landscaping company so my free weekends have been far and few between. Season is comign to an end so I'll have more time to ride now.

My wife is sending me to Mammoth Mtn CA for my b-day Dec 4th so I won’t be able to make that weekend either :think: Oh well, I'll be riding powder so I guess it's a fair trade :p

We'll catch up sooner or later!!
b

RATM

Monkey
Aug 5, 2004
Washington DC area
Cool, I will be there, name is Isaac, and I'll have the orange Heckler with a black swing arm. Thanks again, I'm looking forward to riding with someone else for a change.

willpowa

Chimp
Sep 6, 2004
Got room for a couple more newbs? My wife and I have been hittin Gambrill for a while and keep hearing bout the shed...

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Hey Dan ,looks like a few of my boys are down with this sunday .So I'll juggle the plans alittle with the youngen and do this sunday instead .I'll bring those sportworks rails.
Eric.
P.S. You may want to remind me later in the week about the rails -A.D.D. Sucks.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
Animal Mother said:
My wife is sending me to Mammoth Mtn CA for my b-day Dec 4th so I won’t be able to make that weekend either :think: Oh well, I'll be riding powder so I guess it's a fair trade :p
oh what a bummer!!! :drool: lucky you!

worse comes to worst... i'll be riding the single-speed P3 this sunday if i have to. no word from progressive 5th element yet, so i'll probably be big bike-less this weekend unless someone has a 8.5" x 2.5" rear shock to spare for the SGS FR ;)

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Looks like I'm in for Sunday; EC I'll shoot ya an email or somethin, I know how that goes ;)

willpowa said:
Got room for a couple more newbs? My wife and I have been hittin Gambrill for a while and keep hearing bout the shed...
sure 'nuff, if you're into "stupid human tricks" we'll undoubtedly be doing some. If you have any body armor, bring it!

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
yeah, you're quite right. I've been on an armor-wearing kick actually, since that "incident". It's hot and it sucks but I'm scrape-free....

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Hey DBR. I'm glad to see you've come to your senses .I read your earlier post on your armor philosophy, and quietly disagred .I've crashed on race runs in rock gardens hard enough to seriously break bones, and bounced back like a cartoon caracter because of my armor. I've been falling down for 37 years and have gotten fairly good at it ,I've fallen well without armor and have been so deeply brused that it hurt for a month or so. Yes you are my hero (RT) but I'm glad your armoring up non the less.
Looks like the Y.A.F.R.O.turnout will be much better this weekend, And I'll have no excuse not to do RT.

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Barring any unforseen circumstances the York Boys will be out in force,4-5 of us, See ya'll at 10, bottom of RT.We are bringing a Hue Jass shuttle truck.Be gentle it's still pretty- Dave's F250 crewcab long bed.
Later E.C.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Nice and clear out i hit the RT and then big mike but EC pussed out. EVO i wrecked bruised my ribs, shoulder, thighs, and got a nice scrape on my arma nd a nice gash on my leg. Big mike wrecked further down and i think broke his nose.