Quantcast

SixSixOne Evolution Helmet

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Second that^, and let's see the goggle fitment. Be sure to mention size and gog brand. I roll SteelMX gogs, which seem to have very large frames, especially for my teenytinywittle head! I normally wear a S/XS TLD D2, which would be a small in like...everything else. That makes fitting goggles a PAIN! But I talked to Jason about it and if I remember right he wears a small as well and wasn't having any issues. It looks like the bottom of the face opening drops down a bit more than most. :thumbs:!

Jan 20, 2008
Santa Rosa
Second that^, and let's see the goggle fitment. Be sure to mention size and gog brand. I roll SteelMX gogs, which seem to have very large frames, especially for my teenytinywittle head! I normally wear a S/XS TLD D2, which would be a small in like...everything else. That makes fitting goggles a PAIN! But I talked to Jason about it and if I remember right he wears a small as well and wasn't having any issues. It looks like the bottom of the face opening drops down a bit more than most. :thumbs:!
No problem, the helmet is a size medium, and they are oakley o frame mx goggles.

Attachments

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
anybody with one having trouble with the visor? I can't seem to tighten it enough to get it to stay in place - I'm talking bouncing it will cause it to move around.

jasons

Chimp
Feb 28, 2005
Denver CO
anybody with one having trouble with the visor? I can't seem to tighten it enough to get it to stay in place - I'm talking bouncing it will cause it to move around.
Are the screws getting tight? Is there a small round rubber piece under the center mount? Is there the plastic washers under the screw heads? It should get tight enough with just the side screws unless the female end is stripped or came loose so that it spins. Call 661-257-2756 if you are in the US and dial 137 for warranty and it will be taken care of if something is wrong with the female end. Call next week, Boris the warranty guy is out this week though up at Mammoth for the moto race.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
plastic washers are there, round rubber piece is there.

I got it, just grabbed the center mount with a piece of rubber wrapped around it and some pliers and twisted, it still moves slightly, but its not totally lose now.

no worries! thanks for the quick response

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
UPS just dropped mine off and I'm really not impressed. I have a ridiculously large head, normally wear a XL/XXL D2 so I ordered the XL Evolution. It fits around the circumference of my head, just the chin piece is awkwardly and uncomfortable close to my face. With goggles on they are pretty much almost as far out as the chin piece. Just a heads up for those big headed types.

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
Anymore updates? Im trying to decide if I should pick up one of the 09 Legend White Evolutions or a Giro Remedy...Ive got a smaller head and would wear a small 661.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
UH...updates on WHAT? They're helmets, they go on your head, they've been out for a few YEARS or something, and they fit great. Not really a groundbreaking new discovery, just another great product from a great company!

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
Well right. Im buying a helmet soon, and Im trying to decide what I should buy between Remedy or Evolution. So Im trying to see what all the people that bought the evolution think about it after a year of use.

Trying to make sure I get the best product possible man. Thats all

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Having used only Giro helmets in the past(two Remedys as well), then switching to the Evolution lids, I'll vote Evolution. And big gogs fit in em PERFECTLY, which doesn't happen with a lot of size small helmets. TLD being one of the worst for that!

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
The Evolution kicks ass. Fits great (long as you don't got a lumpy fat tit-shaped head), allt he protection you could need (according to the government), and its priced better then most. Not as ugly as TLD stuff this year either.

Side note: If 661 made a raw carbon, subtle logo Evolution, you'd see it everywhere. Truth.