Quantcast

Skinnies and ladders in Olympia, WA

Nov 14, 2004
W.Seattle
Heck, you find a log that not to far gone you mine its core out like finding a vain of gold then you cut it out with he trusty ol chain saw and then you split it nice and flat to almost any dimension, and then you let it dry.
its really not that hard, just gotta get that hang of like riding a bike.
i am paying you guys to work not dance around like a bunch of Kansas City fagots.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Str8OutaBallard said:
and I thought that the J-hop was when you loft the front wheel and then the pull up the rear... and the bunny hop was when you just pull both of them up at the same time... I thought that the bunny hop was something that lends its self to speed on a mtn bike and most everything under under the sun on a bmx... but what do I know anyway; silly me for listening to my trials buddys and everyone else this is come up in conversation with...

not sure if your being sarcastic or not.....

trials riders don't seem to have any documentation that shows lifting the front end first is called a j-hop AND that the term came out before the word Bunnyhop.

when I did some research to see when trials riders started using the term J-hop, no one could give me a solid date as to when this term was first used but most seemed to think it came later in the 1980's and the older guys said they used the term 'bunnyhop' before j-hop.
further more, when doing my research, I learned that depending on what part of the world you lived in, the motion of getting the bike off the ground had more then one or two names. (deer hop, dolphin, pro-hop etc as I mentioned above)
the term bunnyhop has been documented as far back as the early 80's.

feel free to try to correct me on this.

*most things don't bug me but for some reason hearing people use the word 'J-hop' for one way to hop the bike and 'bunnyhop' for another gets to me. :D

My first exposure to the bunnyhop was in the late 70's, it amazed me. Me and my freinds would practice for hours just trying to get our wheels a few inches off the gound. One guy that was really good at it was named Jay....he called his a J-hop, but never licensed the name, too bad. :-)

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
Pat when I read your post for some reason I invision an old man with straggly grey hair, glasses with masking tape on them and a 20 year old polo shirt with chalk stains on it standing at the front of a classroom at a small community college :p

p.s. let me know when you plan to come down south again, I recently got a new(used) camera and I need some trusty subjects to shoot :)

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
SR said:
Pat when I read your post for some reason I invision an old man with straggly grey hair, glasses with masking tape on them and a 20 year old polo shirt with chalk stains on it standing at the front of a classroom at a small community college :p

p.s. let me know when you plan to come down south again, I recently got a new(used) camera and I need some trusty subjects to shoot :)
how weird. I am at a small community college right now. :p

I need to get a car so I can start riding someplace other then my 'hood....