Quantcast

Smuggling Beer into Canadia?

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Uhm, I didn't want to ask this, but I will anyways... Will I get in big trouble for bringing some pot across the border? I'm planning on not doing it, but it would be nice for all the time we'll be in Whistler... Not to mention the drive up. Anyone know what would happen if I get caught with it at the border? If I get caught with it in Canada and tell them I bought it in Canada? I need to not be a felon because I'm moving to Spain in three weeks and losing that Visa would suck...

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
bikenweed said:
Uhm, I didn't want to ask this, but I will anyways... Will I get in big trouble for bringing some pot across the border? I'm planning on not doing it, but it would be nice for all the time we'll be in Whistler... Not to mention the drive up. Anyone know what would happen if I get caught with it at the border? If I get caught with it in Canada and tell them I bought it in Canada? I need to not be a felon because I'm moving to Spain in three weeks and losing that Visa would suck...
I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't even bring any paraphanelia. They have dogs at the border. Speaking as a frequent smoker I don't think it's worth it.

Plus, without trying too hard you can usually find fat satchels for about half what you pay in the states. Heh, the conversation about beer does not apply. :blah:

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
cool, then we'll just blaze joints only on the drive up, and leave all pieces at home. Damn, dogs are no good. If I smell a bit, but have no actual bad substances on me, should it be cool?

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
Quote:cool, then we'll just blaze joints only on the drive up, and leave all pieces at home. Damn, dogs are no good. If I smell a bit, but have no actual bad substances on me, should it be cool?

last time i drove we smoked a doobie right b4 we went in and trew the rest of the sack away cause i wouldnt let my friend bring it...the dogs went nuts and they ripped my truck (which was packed for a 5 week roadtrip) APART...they said if we had anything they would have impounded the truck...so id say it would be best to get some when u get there..im flying this time so i dont really have a choice

hey im a monkey now...

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Depending on how long your drive is (and how dedicated of a head you are), you can also just bury a stash somewhere along the way and pick it up on the way home. Just make sure you remember where it is!! Not too much can happen if they don't find anything but it will sure save a lot of hassle if you don't reek.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
my friend is an idiot and brought a half zone for the drive and had it in in seatshirt pocket until 5 min before the border...they let the dog smell him and it almost bit his nuts off

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Silly potheads...
I've been across the border a lot. I've only ever seen a few cars torn apart. 99% of the time, it's either guys who look like potheads or guys driving ricers.

So, just don't LOOK like a pothead.

Funny story. My friend and I were driving up to go drinking in vancouver. His brother was in another car. These guys look like twins. They even had the same car, only one was riced out. Guess who got delayed at the border for an hour??

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
we go to leftbridge alot to drink and party and i always drive (tv screens in the car to keep the bastards quite) and they always smoke a j or bring a one hitter. the last time we went they brought up a one hitter that looked like a cig and put it in the case. going over the border they didnt even check our cars we got out went in and then left. comming back i threw the one hitter away (on our border pass slip it said "going to leftbridge to party for the night' so i knew they would be expecting us back). anyways i gave them my car at the border and it took us an extra 45 minutes compared to the 2 cars full of girls we were with. turns out they took out my rear bench seats. took both of my subs out and searched the box took apart part of the dash etc. the dogs went nuts. whats crazy are these new whipes they have that they run on your window that shows resin. it lights up green if no resin and blue if there is. i dont smoke but everyone of my friends does so it kinda blows if they screwed so do i

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
dang it's getting hectec up there at the borders... I think I'll just smoke outside the car, and not bring anything into good ole canada. Maybe stash some for the drive back... How bad is DUI in Canada for an American?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
We got into trouble "transporting alcohol and liquer" across state lines into Utah. Evidently there's no beer in heaven, so we are all screwed. Luckily we didn't get charged with that exact thing, because the cop was busting me for speeding, and my friend for something drug-related, so he said he wouldn't charge us for that one infraction. I understood the speeding thing, and my friend dealt with his problem in a manly way, but when he told us about the alcohol we were like "WTF?!!!". The real sad thing is that we didn't even drink it while we were in Utah, so we brought it for nothing.

BTW, IPA tastes like ass, real bear is cloudy with little floaty things in it :evil:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
buildyourown said:
Silly potheads...
I've been across the border a lot. I've only ever seen a few cars torn apart. 99% of the time, it's either guys who look like potheads or guys driving ricers.

So, just don't LOOK like a pothead.

Funny story. My friend and I were driving up to go drinking in vancouver. His brother was in another car. These guys look like twins. They even had the same car, only one was riced out. Guess who got delayed at the border for an hour??
Best way to do it is so obvious that it just doesn't make sense, like a truck bed full of kegs, or a semi-trailer with 4x4 blocks of weed :D

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Jm_ said:
Best way to do it is so obvious that it just doesn't make sense, like a truck bed full of kegs, or a semi-trailer with 4x4 blocks of weed :D
YES! Sooooo true! The best place to hide something is in plain sight. How many times have cops walked into parties and not noticed a bong sitting in the middle of a table? Or a bottle of Jack/Vodka/Cap'n that's still full?

konahucker43

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
central NY
Biscuit said:
Actually, we have a brewry for a sponsor (*tear runs down cheek*) and it's pretty darn good beer.

The "cost" savings I'm referring to is bringing a keg if you do the math: $90 / 165 beers = $0.55 per beer. Versus: $14 / 12 beers = $1.17 per beer (underestimating Whistler resort prices for beer).

This makes for a handy excuse to drink more.

see we were sponsored by a brewery in central NY, but we're onlt 16 so we cant get anything, and
at whister it is more like atleadt 2 bucks a beer. so $24 gets you 12 beers

SGF2

Chimp
May 8, 2005
Portland
I prefer the liters at the duty free for my heavy consumption. Less crap to get out of the system before a ride.

I head to Canada at lease once a month and I've noticed that if you have expensive bikes on the car, they usually just ask a few questions and waive you through. I mean who's going to attack Canada? Last time up I tried to smuggle two liters home(you can only bring one back) I got caught. I played dumb and the guard just told me next time only bring one.

I seriously doubt they will give you any grief at all. If they ask just say you have some beer in back. Honesty gets you far when it comes to the border dudes. Also when you drive up have you id's on the dash so he sees them. Two times ago we had them there and the dude didn't even ask to see them.