Quantcast

Snakes on a plane???

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
reflux said:
Man, I'm so getting hammered and watching this movie....

AND THERE'S NOT A DAMN THING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!!!
As a way of giving us a sense of the crowd at the screening late Thursday night, our local reviewer described two aisle seats that were mysteriously empty for the whole movie. Turns out they were covered in puke. :rofl:

NapalmCheese

Monkey
May 16, 2006
Los Gatos
I love this movie, and I haven't even seen it yet.

I hope it because it's the 2006 B horror movie equivilent of "Evil Dead".
That rocks.

I mean rock like no one has ever rocked before type of rock.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
firetoole said:
I hope it's more like Army of Darkness

winnar is j00! "AoD" is technically Evil Dead #3. The first 2actually tried to be serious grade b horror flicks. by the time they started army of darkness bruce campbell realized he'd be better off just making it more satirical and campy.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
You all must realize that Samuel L. Jackson is God... and hence, this movie was hilarious.

I'd see it again... just for the sheer ambience that the crowd provides... laughing at totally un-hilarious parts, throwing things, screaming in the middle of the movie. Haha... I laughed, I cried from laughing... I loved every minute of it.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
New Line Cinema landed on its asp over the weekend as the highly hyped Snakes on a Plane, which analysts had expected would take in more than $30 million, earned only about half of that -- an estimated $15.2 million. (Several reports mentioned that the figure also included $1.4 million from Thursday night's 10:00 p.m. screenings.)

The studio had hoped that using the Internet as its chief marketing tool would boost ticket sales and save it millions of dollars in traditional costs.

New Line's distribution chief, David Tuckerman, told today's (Monday) New York Times that the studio was "a little disappointed" with the box office results. "We'll make money with this picture, it's just more disappointing because of all the inflated expectations," he told the newspaper. "It basically performed like a normal horror movie." Added Exhibitor Relations chief Paul Dergarabedian: "We see that Internet interest in a movie doesn't necessarily translate to good box office."

The results no doubt came as a particular disappointment to New Line's parent, Time Warner, whose other film studio, Warner Bros., has been experiencing one of its worst years in recent memory.

Meanwhile, Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest added another $5 million to its booty, putting it past the $400 million mark with $401 million.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
lovebunny said:
but seriously this movie is definatly worth seeing. it was the most entertaining theatre experience ive had in a loong time
Yeah, its been a while since How Stella got her Groove Back :rofl:

kahner89

Monkey
May 25, 2006
spokanistan
OC and Laguna Beach, there shows that people watch because they desire that life and look at who watches those shows,, teenage girls who need to be throwing more money around, yay not. people dont know what life is outside of that glamorous, unreal life, learn to live god fu@ckin damnit

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
they could just get away with calling it snakes on a plane.... maybe snakez to get around any patent laws.