Quantcast

snow tires for RWD

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Finding yourself at the peak of a mountain gap road with black ice on the downward side can be a wonderfully transformative experience.
did you read what he said, or no?
" Originally Posted by blue
Studs are pretty useless with tire technology today unless you drive exclusively on sheets of ice..."

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Finding yourself at the peak of a mountain gap road with black ice on the downward side can be a wonderfully transformative experience.
That is when you drive on the side of the road in the snow. You find a way to make it down safely, which is not always between the painted lines.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
That is when you drive on the side of the road in the snow. You find a way to make it down safely, which is not always between the painted lines.
I always find that amusing... driving down from the Eisenhower on the way to Glenwood - everyone was sticking RELIGIOUSLY to the two tracks of black ice in each lane. Traction was actually pretty good over in the snow. :disgust1:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Uh... Volvos aren't the best used car investment, snow tires or not - they just don't hold up as well the ones that made their reputation 30 or 40 years ago.
You are right & wrong. You want one with a 4 in the model number, such as a 240, 740 or 940. Everything else is crap. They are easy to work on, the engine & tranny are bullet proof & can easily handle half a million miles on the ODO. Oh & the volvo turbos are the suck.

The thing started everyday last winter with no complaints except for the one morning after it hadn't been driven in a few days & the actual air temp outside was -15*f.

My only complaint...no goddamn cup holder in the entire car.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
You are right & wrong. You want one with a 4 in the model number, such as a 240, 740 or 940. Everything else is crap. They are easy to work on, the engine & tranny are bullet proof & can easily handle half a million miles on the ODO. Oh & the volvo turbos are the suck.

My only complaint...no goddamn cup holder in the entire car.
and they dont rust out like other cars do...when was the last time you saw a rusted out volvo?

its weird how the older volvos dont have cupholders when my mother's S80 had 10

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
I always find that amusing... driving down from the Eisenhower on the way to Glenwood - everyone was sticking RELIGIOUSLY to the two tracks of black ice in each lane. Traction was actually pretty good over in the snow. :disgust1:
Lemmings I tell you lemmings...

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Maybe I didn't look in the right place (tirerack.com and google) but I only found a few reviews on them, old, and very negative. And I think I spelled it right on the seach.
I had a set of Ventus tires for about 2 years and not a single problem...I was taking them to the track at least once a month.....and I'm currently running the K106 tires on one of my Integra's and it's a great MS tire...D

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Decided against it despite the good deal on CL. I almost broke my rule of never spending unnecessary money on my car.

Been fine without them. 100# of salt + my steel work ramps in the trunk seem to do the trick just fine.