Quantcast

Snowshoe Opening Weekend Roll Call

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Yep we'll be seeing you next week. When do you fly in? Gonna be a good time regardless. This sh!t with the lift sux, but oh well, we will have a good group up there. Looking forward to meeting you.

Actually, I met you once already.
I was out there about a year and a half ago (maybe two) visiting Rob. We went to some private land/ride spot. Not Peewee's though.
I was on an Ironhorse Hollowpoint.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Oh yeah thats funny as hell, cause its the first day we met Rob too, so ahhh I guess looking forward to seeing ya mang, this trip should be a blast. That trail we were riding was Poplur Tent, or Beach Springs, its just a local cross country trail. I almost forgot about that day.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
sup Jeff?
Been a while since I was out there last. This time I've got the big bike though, not some wimpy 4.5in XC bike.

So how is Rob on the 7pt. Last time I rode anything big with him, he had the Yeti.

I've been riding a bunch lately, but mostly trail rides. The climbing fitness is there, but I'm a little out of DH shape. I'm sure it will be fine either way.

i'm flying out to Philly tonight to see the parents for a few days, then Wed to Charlotte. Can't wait!! :thumb:
Right on. I think that day at Poplar Tent was the first time I met Rob too. He's still holding his own on the 7pt., I dont think it slowed him down any.

Lookin forward to snowshoe, should be good times.

Jun 11, 2004
There is a possible of 10 in my group. with 5-7 more coming up from richmond. 2 bus's might not be enough. I hate when they start piling bikes on top of other bikes on the trailer.
With this many people posting up............I wonder if they would re-visit the idea of the Western lift???????????????

Would be nice.........

Jun 11, 2004
Oh by the way.........to all the guys and gal that I will be traveling with:

Got the keys to both condos yesterday!

Turns out that we will all be in the same building after all..........just half of us on the third floor and the other half on the first!

Jun 11, 2004
Bump, and glad to see several people are still coming. How many of you guys got season passes this year? The early season pass deal which included a free race or whatever seems like an awesome deal(which i took advantage of).
Got one!

I had one for Summer 2005 as well.......but this year is better with the free race and the gift certificate to the MAC.

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
With this many people posting up............I wonder if they would re-visit the idea of the Western lift???????????????

Would be nice.........
That definitely would be nice, but it's probably not extremely likely. The decision would have to come from way up. Unless one of us hotwires it. Hmm...any electricians on the board??

C-los

Chimp
Sep 26, 2005
We have 5 coming and one is an electrician. Maybe this year it won't rain. No matter it's still gonna be a fun weekend. We'll be up Thursday night. Anybody know the deal on the new trails?

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
We have 5 coming and one is an electrician. Maybe this year it won't rain. No matter it's still gonna be a fun weekend. We'll be up Thursday night. Anybody know the deal on the new trails?
I talked to a few of the shop guys at Massanutten, and I don't think there's gonna be anything new for opening weekend. However, they are definitely gonna have some new stuff up during the summer. Among other things, they said they were planning a trail on the basin side that was around a mile and a half to two miles that would be fun for beginners to practice their skills on, or more advanced riders to rail at high speed.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I want to go, but my work schedule has been totally turned upside down. I've had three gigs canceled on me, and I don't know what I'll be doing next weekend. Money is gonna get a bit tight too, I was planning on those three jobs:plthumbsdown:

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
I'll be there friday with a crew from the Re:cycles bike shop (Greensboro NC). This will be my first trip to SS for something other than snowboarding. 4 days of rippen DH and making mad photos, oh my dang I'm stoked.
Can you please tell the Re:cycles guys to NOT put stickers all over the place again this year. They were all over the place last year.

Well anyway, I can't make it up opening weekend this year. But I'm planing 4 weekends this year!

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Note to self: This weekend, do NOT let strange women play bartender for me.

Anyway, glad to see so many are coming. It should be a blast. If anybody is camping at Silvercreek, be sure to stop by and hang out.

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
I was talking with turnerdhr this evening and he made a good point. With so many people coming, the shuttle could turn into a nightmare unless there are several running at one time. It would suck to get down there in time for the shuttle, only to have to wait for the next one because there wasn't room. Maybe some SS guys can clarify, because surely they have already thought of this and have it under control.

KevinR86

Chimp
Aug 13, 2006
Williamsburg VA
So whats the deal w/ camping at silver creek? I usually just sleep in my van, but my friend and i should be rolling up friday morn, and it would be cool if we had a place to pitch a tent. Does it cost any money to camp there, and can we leave our tent up during the day?

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Well, we're bringing a camper (psh, some outdoorsman we are). But anyway, it costs money to get the key to the hookups, but I think if you just pitch a tent, they don't charge you anything. Especially if you just show up and do it. And yeah, you can leave it up during the day. Whenever you get to silvercreek, turn left into the first gravel parking lot, and there you are.

KevinR86

Chimp
Aug 13, 2006
Williamsburg VA
allright, thanks for the info! we'll probablly pitch a tent up there for the weekend, we should be rolling in an old tan civic hatchback, stop by if you see us

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I was talking with turnerdhr this evening and he made a good point. With so many people coming, the shuttle could turn into a nightmare unless there are several running at one time. It would suck to get down there in time for the shuttle, only to have to wait for the next one because there wasn't room. Maybe some SS guys can clarify, because surely they have already thought of this and have it under control.
Yeah, we thought about that too..... Just with a few people the shuttle kind of sucks, I can't imagine it with a few hundred!

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Yeah for real. I think we might try to make a run or two on the western side in the morning, and if it's grossly overpacked, we'll probably stick to the park side, even though all of us dig the western side waay more.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Even with two shuttles running they can only handle about 50-60 people on the western side. From what I see here there is going to be alot more than that.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Well, let us not forget the park side is a blast as well...Either way, the shuttle will be brutal with the amount of people that are planning to be there.

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
pirate28-There is electric, but for water you have to go fill up across the parking lot at a hook-up they have there. No sewage. You might try contacting the Silvercreek lodge.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
Can you please tell the Re:cycles guys to NOT put stickers all over the place again this year. They were all over the place last year....
The shop stickers are free to anyone who stops by the shop, so I’m not sure if I can really do much other than mention this to the three guys I'm riding with.
:cheers:

Jun 11, 2004
Even with two shuttles running they can only handle about 50-60 people on the western side. From what I see here there is going to be alot more than that.

Hopefully they will run the shuttles constantly instead of every half hour.

Fill up and go........and repeat.........repeat.........repeat............

I'm still hoping for a miracle though........that SS is keeping an eye on this thread and will realize that the Western lift is needed for this weekend! :lighten:

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
While I am thinking about it, I'll go ahead and extend the offer I made to FCLinder to everybody else. If anybody needs a group to hook up with this weekend, PM me, and we'll meet up or somethin. We only have 3 in our group, so we're always lookin for more.

BTW, what's the status of the Official Ridemonkey Gathering?

Jun 11, 2004
While I am thinking about it, I'll go ahead and extend the offer I made to FCLinder to everybody else. If anybody needs a group to hook up with this weekend, PM me, and we'll meet up or somethin. We only have 3 in our group, so we're always lookin for more.

BTW, what's the status of the Official Ridemonkey Gathering?

Tell you what...........both condos I rented do not have access to Pay Per View.

Saturday night is the UFC Liddell vs. Jackson re-match..........if you have access to Pay Per View let me know. There are several in our group that want to see that fight bad and will definately kick in $$$ to see it.

Does anyone know if we give money to the Fox Fire or the Junction will they buy the fight?