Quantcast

So what are you getting for Christmas

yonton228

Turbo Monkey
Mar 7, 2005
lacey washington
The whole idea of gettin presents from people is weird to me. I have never like my birthday or Christmas do to that. However, I do enjoy giving gifts to people, it's nice when you can put a smile on someones face. ;D

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I got a box of nifty bike stuff from Rob (we exchanged early) that will look great on my new frame....

XT der. front and back, raceface cassette and cranks, easton stem, funky bike socks, a Kona pint glass...

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
BurlyShirley bought me an iBook, lizard, and a new bike...i think he may still get me something else like winter bike clothes or some waders so we can go fly fishing in the winter. Everyone in my family will get me gift cards...and my friends will make me something crafty...christmas is fun. Now I get to buy goodies for everyone else :)

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
My wife and I bought ourselves a big screen and we're going to the Orange Bowl. We just asked that everyone donate to our SPCA or their local animal shelter with goods, cash, or their time to go walk/play with the animals.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
I usually know approximately what im going to get, but I didnt really *want* anything this year, so it was hard to tell people what to get me. I had some DVDs on my list, but thats about it. My wife is making out like a bandit though. I "upgraded" her engagement ring, bought her tix for the BSO Xmas Pops show for next week and some other stuff

Im also not counting the trip to SD and the BB World Cup thing I mentioned a few days ago. It is a surprise for her (she doesnt know where we are going yet and wont until we get to the airport) but not "technically" a xmas present :D

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Basically all I really wanted was a King headset and a front Hadley. Threw some Race Face pads on the list too so I don't have to DH next year in nothing.

Getting my mom some nice wool socks since she is always cold, and I will have to figure out some other things.

Went in with my sister (shes 8) on getting my dad a Leatherman Wave.

Sister gets what she asked for, nail polish and probably some earings.

Younger brother, no f'in idea.

Older brother, tools so he doesn't have to borrow mine.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i know i'm getting a light-weight coat, but that's about all i know of. that's the only thing i asked for, other than money to help pay for a bike build.

i was going to get ma copine a coat from Gap that i think is quite nice, and shaped nicely. she, unknowingly, informed me of the jacket she actually wants...which is ~$220 and that 'camel' color, which i think is kind of nasty. i could get it for her, but then i'd have to take from my mom's pot, so back to the drawing board.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
the Inbred said:
she, unknowingly, informed me of the jacket she actually wants...which is ~$220 and that 'camel' color, which i think is kind of nasty. i could get it for her, but then i'd have to take from my mom's pot, so back to the drawing board.
so my mom and i ventured on down to Banana Republic the morning after Christmas. i saw the jacket was advertised for $189 on the website, but my mom, who really wanted me to get Mandi the coat, insisted that we run by the store. found the jacket for $140 in store. Of course, there were no extra smalls in Austin, so one of the stores called up and ordered it for me from San Antonio. i couldn't pass that up. rather than my mom buying something for Mandi, per usual, she just helped me and paid for the overnight shipping, so i'd have it when i go visit Mandi.

in the end, i was able to pay with cash for everything i purchased for others for X-mas. that's a first for me, and it's rather satisfying.