Quantcast

So what jeans do YOU wear?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I recently made a triumphant return to Levi's. for many years I've been wearing Gap jeans. 501's were just too tight. Though very flattering on my god-like buttocks, they were uncomfortable. So I switched to Gap. I was happy with them for quite a while. But they've just been getting crappier and crappier...and more and more expensive...AND they keep chaning and discontinuing the styles I like.

So I returned to the newly "relaxed" 501's....They're cheaper, and heavier... So screw you Gap!!

But I do eagerly await the return of Sergio Valente....

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Old Navy Boot-Cut. I can't see paying $40, $50, ??? for a pair of jeans. These fit me well, they last and they're only $25.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I've got a pair of Ralph Lauren/Polo jeans that I wear to work and such on occasion. But mostly I wear an old pair of hand-me-down jeans from Old Navy. They are beat and comfy... and I don't care if they get grungy working on my truck or hiking with the dogs or whatever.

I'd never wear my $50 RL jean hiking.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Old Navy jeans are my new favorite. finally, a 34" that fits. it's always been 32" = too short, 34" = way too long. no longer! only minor complaint is that the pockets (the openings) are inconsistent. 1 pair has tight pockets, 1 pair has loose pockets, and 1 pair is in the middle.

how much are Levi's these days? i've only had one pair of jeans that were worth their price, and that was a pair of Abercrombie jeans. so damn thick...it was awesome. i can't find them anymore, unless they're frayed to ****.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
the Inbred said:
how much are Levi's these days? i've only had one pair of jeans that were worth their price, and that was a pair of Abercrombie jeans. so damn thick...it was awesome. i can't find them anymore, unless they're frayed to ****.
Levis are $30-ish.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Old Navy's quality sucks ass. Every pair of jeans I've ever owned from there have torn where the top of the back pocket is stitched to the jean within a year.

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
I almost never wear jeans anymore. I picked up a few pairs of Levi's 569 cordury's last year and that's all I ever wear. I have kinda big legs so they aren't terribly baggy.
For yardwork and stuff, I have a recently got a pair of Sorel's. Not quite as thick as Carhartt's, but a lot more flexible.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
N8 said:
Old Navy's quality sucks ass. Every pair of jeans I've ever owned from there have torn where the top of the back pocket is stitched to the jean within a year.
that's happened with every pair of jeans i've owned. i was told it was because of the way i stand when bored; hand hanging from rear pocket with thumb inside pocket as a anchor.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I like the Levi 569's, they are big enough in the thigh and use a lighter weight denim so they are comfy in the summer. Plus they fray nicely around the cuffs and pockets. :thumb:

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Lucky Brand jeans. They are kind of expensive, but super comfy. I used to never wear jeans, NEVER, but now, thats all i wear and I own about 4 pair and probley wont buy any new ones for years. They tend to be baggy because the size runs big, I get a 34-36 and a belt and they are mor comftroble than any thing else I have worn.

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
any pair I can find that accommodate me being short while showing off my voluptuous behind ;)

The best so far has been old navy, express, charolotte russ but I also have a few random pairs I've found

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
jordache, and rustlers kidding..just kidding.... usually gap jeans but I have found a few pair in Eddie Bauer i like

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
Whatever levi or Wranglers (around $18-20)that are on sale at Wal-Mart, I am married so I don't have the need to be trendy, plus it leaves me more money for bike parts!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
laura said:
levi's 517 boot cut. used only. i don't think i'll ever break in a pair of jeans myself again.
maybe women's jeans are different, but think of all the farts which have passed through that fabric.

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
Gap stright boot cut.

I wear levis when i work, however I really hate the pair I have. Same size as my gaps jeans, but the waste is clearly like 2 inches larger. Am I supposed to sag them down like 5 inches or somthing?