Quantcast

So what other sports/athletic activities (besides sex) do you participate in?

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Just wondering what other sports/athletic activities/regimens (besides sex) do people on this forum do besides biking? I know there's tons of stuff around here to do... especially near D.C. Anyone?

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
I got back into playing soccer this year just to mix things up. I played with a team called Electric Mayhem in the Alexandria rec league this fall. I'll try to fit in a couple of after work runs in as well during the week just for the cardio but tend to slack on this routine on days like today.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Nothing I would really call a sport. More like activities. I hike a lot. Lately I've been swimming with my wife. I used to be a pretty decent whitewater boater but I kind of gave it up.

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
i actually play alot of golf here at school. i have a couse about 100 yards from my dorm, its pretty sweet. you can call it a sissy sport all you like but all that really means is, you cant play...

i've started running again some too. but its so i can get alittle better cardio base. i realized all i really need to be faster is a little better endurance and to quit being such a biatch and lay off the brakes....so i'm working on one

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Rugby, chase the Bandito and Zero around yelling at them to dig faster, work on my marksmanship to deal with my nextdoor neighbors.

Back when I lived in a more civilized part of the world, I snowboarded, back country mountaineered, and did some white water kayaking/rafting.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
hike, maintain/build trails, play some indoor basketball, and who says you can't bike all year around? snow rides are GREAT... they make the drop trails fun and even a little misery is worth a few stories.

VDfree

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
germantown
i have air soft battles with my coworkers...this is getting out of control...last night i got followed home from work and shot with an Uzzi! 20 rps. Tore my calf running from my car to my door.

DC40

Chimp
Mar 24, 2005
submission grappling couple times a week. I used to race motocross, still go out and riding every once in awhile, plus I like snowboarding, wakeboarding, and jet-skiing (stand-up). Not sure how much snowboarding I will get in this winter since now living in Virginia Beach.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i use to be really big into R/C cars but now i pretty much only bike as an activity and sport. i still have an R/C heli though that i'm trying to learn how to fly but DAMN they are hard to fly

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
I ride fixie alot these days I dont have my liscence so I like to see it that I ride a handfull of miles everyday. I also played highschool lacrosse now play club, I snowboard, play alot of soccer with crazy asians in the feild down my street. I used to play paint ball which was a hell of a workout. I play rec leauge bball......... but mostley I ride

Ohh fokey I met this guy named.. **** I forgot but I have his number and he freerides he seems like a newb but whatever

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
I play league volleyball once a week, skiing, and spinning classes. Not to mention catching up on all the work around the house that has been neglected all summer long. :-) Oh and an occasional trail maintenance day here and there.

G-spot

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Chester,Va.
I play V-ball on the same team as VTmbkr, and do some running as well as swat training for my job( running and gunning,), I try and go to the gym 2-3 times a week. I do a lot of walking and stair climbing at work as well.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I still bike all winter long, but I also swim (open water in the warmer months, indoors rest of the year), snowboard, and go to the gym about 5 days a week now.

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
weather bad...............gym and indoor rock climbing
weather not so bad..............XC
weather really bad (a good snowstorm)............snowboarding
I usually try to do 1min and 2 max snowboard trips out west a year!

MC peepants

Monkey
Sep 20, 2006
if the waves are good i make the drive to the beach, if not im riding, Skateboarding. and if there is snow i snowboard. and in between all that i chase my kids around too.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
i have air soft battles with my coworkers...this is getting out of control...last night i got followed home from work and shot with an Uzzi! 20 rps. Tore my calf running from my car to my door.
mee to but not with coworkers, my friend has a bumch of guns and we run around with camo on a shoot guns with 1000rpm and break the skin within 30ft. AAAWWWSOOOMMME

Paris

Monkey
Aug 24, 2004
The Commonwealth
blasting squirels and other small game with my sawed off auto loader shotgun...killing deer with my overpowered, overly accurate super-rifle...I buy my rounds at Walmart...

j/k

snowboards, skimboards, but it's mostly about bikes...probably going to buy a 50 or something moto soon...

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
I am interested in adventure racing. I go woodsing all the time, which involves just going out in the woods with the destenation such as a mountain top or something and just trompin through the woods.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
that is definatly alot of fun, but the last time i did that i gashed my leg open 3mi from any road and had to wrap it up before i bled out. and had to huff it back out the three miles with my pack and my friend so i could get to a hospital. (thank god my friend and i are trained in CPR first aid, defiblator ...wananana due to lifegaurding)

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
I am interested in adventure racing. I go woodsing all the time, which involves just going out in the woods with the destenation such as a mountain top or something and just trompin through the woods.
i did one race last year and 2 this year, couldn't make the last two but my teamate hooked up with another dude so we could still be in the team standings. check out http://www.hradventure.com
the schedule is up (i think) for next year. there is going to be a 24-36 race in c'ville (sleep optional) and one of the disciplines is going to be riverboarding (never done THAT before). its a great organization and the fees are VERY reasonable.