Quantcast

So what's a dumber vehicle?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
the cayennes interior is top notch. absolutely top notch.
its kinda ugly from the outside IMO.

anyways, even if i had the money, its not the car i´d drop the 140k they ask for the turbo here.
maybe 65k for the base one is kinda fine.. since its on the same ballpark as the monteros. but then again, a non-turbo cayenne makes little sense.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
The H2 defines useless. Its mechanically a Tahoe, just made to look more "rugged" Its offroad capabilities are dubious, its saftey is joke, unless you buy into the "I'll squash the other guy" fallacy. Not reliable, economical. Its cargo capacity is similar to station wagon, so you can throw that out "utility" unless you tow a boat (then you should get a deisel truck anyway)

So what are we left with? A 4 wheeled poser mobile that will be stuck in the ditch if you offroaded it. A rolling penis compensator that will flip in a corner if taken half way aggressively. A tonka-truck that rips you of your cash at the pump, the mechanic's shop and the payment... This car not only defines useless it also defines how stupid "Boobous Americanus" are.

Had to vent sorry ;)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
It is a shame that the VW SUV looks better than the Porsche.

Although the reliability of the VW Touraeg makes it somewhat of a terd.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Zark said:
So what are we left with? A 4 wheeled poser mobile that will be stuck in the ditch if you offroaded it.
Dude I see those things up here offroading all the time. Done tried to stop in the winter and gone off road. Usually into someone else as well.

Okay, I admit it. They seem to spend a lot of time in ditches too.

N8, thank you for making me aware of the existence of that toyoter. Looks neat.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
robdamanii said:
At least you can drive a WRX faster than 45 MPH around a corner without tipping it over.

But yeah, that rally heritage is really meaningless as to the value of the vehicle, isn't it... :rolleyes:
Same as a honda civic. Rally? Whats rally?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Brian HCM#1 said:
Sorry sir, we both don't care for that car.
Car?

I thought we were talking about H2s.

Just out of curiosity, you ever sit in one of those things? A friend of mine has one and I got to drive it around to a different parking space. I'm kind of short and all but I may have run over a horse and not seen it. Hard to say.

On a sidenote though, if I had kids I'd probably be into one. Not for safety or anything delusional like that, more because if they sat in the back, it's far enough away, I probably couldn't hear them.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
kidwoo said:
Car?

I thought we were talking about H2s.

Just out of curiosity, you ever sit in one of those things? A friend of mine has one and I got to drive it around to a different parking space. I'm kind of short and all but I may have run over a horse and not seen it. Hard to say.

On a sidenote though, if I had kids I'd probably be into one. Not for safety or anything delusional like that, more because if they sat in the back, it's far enough away, I probably couldn't hear them.
Oh, I thought we were talking about a subi, Julie does want one, but have never driven one personally. I do like the Escalades:thumb:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Lets see H2 is about $53,000, my Rover (lightly used) was $10,500 that leaves about $42,500 to go to spend on bikes, booze, Camera gear, and women. What a deal! I do like the Cayenne, if only I had so much money that I couldn't think of anything better to do with it.:thumb:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Meh. As between the two I would rather own the Porshe.

But I would keep my exisiting Cherokee, trick it out for rock crawling, and get a fast convertible and some more bikes with the rest of the dough.

And as a Jeep owner let me just say for the record that the Liberty is L-A-M-E. I heard someone say that ugly POS was supposed to replace the cherokee. What a joke.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
OGRipper said:
Meh. As between the two I would rather own the Porshe.

But I would keep my exisiting Cherokee, trick it out for rock crawling, and get a fast convertible and some more bikes with the rest of the dough.

And as a Jeep owner let me just say for the record that the Liberty is L-A-M-E. I heard someone say that ugly POS was supposed to replace the cherokee. What a joke.
i hope to god that never happens. i have a grand cherokee now, and a cherokee before that (both red laredos, crazy huh?) and they both are kick ass SUVs for sure.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Brian HCM#1 said:
Damn people, why all the H2 hate? Then again its about as usless as a WRX.
Are you kidding me? Thw WRX is exactly the opposite of the H2. Its a car that is DAMN GOOD at what it was built for and costs far less then all the competition.

The H2 costs a lot more than anything in its class and it doesn't outclass anything - even vehicles half its price.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
N8 said:
I love this little suv! :)

2005 prototype:

Now available!!!!

It is a cute vehicle but what is witht he rear tail lights? :confused: It seams out of place sticking out like that. Wierd.

Is that black one yours? How do you like the half doors for the rear seat?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
gnurider1080 said:
ive seen it in person and it didnt exactly look little.

no kidding.... its taller than my 4Runner and damn near as long and definately wider looking!

*edit: not my FJ but i am getting an '08!!!

Here's another one:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
H2s blow. The Cayanne turbo is sick, it kept up with an M3 on a road track in some test I read about. Plus, as BV said, with tires/wheels on a regular one it'd be a rocket off road.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
No less then 3 FJ's in my company's parking lot on a daily basis. It was on my short list of new vehicles to get, but.... They are still selling for MSRP, and the gas guzzling big v6 is how they are being purchased

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
MTB_Rob_NC said:
No less then 3 FJ's in my company's parking lot on a daily basis. It was on my short list of new vehicles to get, but.... They are still selling for MSRP, and the gas guzzling big v6 is how they are being purchased
Yeah.. that 4.0L is nice.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I see at least one of those Porsches every day in Hunt Valley on Shawan Road. I wouldn't turn it down if one was offered me, but for the same amount of money, I'd rather buy two more modest new cars.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Konabumm said:
I like the H2 - It's a great off-road vehicle.
yea, if you have a trail the size of a parking lot to drive it down. Those things are just too damn big for trail use, at least the trails around here.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Konabumm said:
I know alot of you bash hummer because of it fuel usage but they are working on something better for the future.
true, the mpg does suck, but I bash it because it's a piece of crap... a cheapened GM.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
jacksonpt said:
yea, if you have a trail the size of a parking lot to drive it down. Those things are just too damn big for trail use, at least the trails around here.
:stupid:

My little Toyota Tacoma (before they resized them) was about the perfect size for New England trails, but even at that an extra little bit off the length would have been no bad thing. I had times where I had to close the rear view mirrors against the side of the truck to fit between trees - getting a bigger vehicle to a lot of places my Tacoma went would have been impossible.