Quantcast

so who has their names on an EVIL DOC ???

Rhubes

Chimp
Jul 19, 2002
well february's pretty far away.. .I think I might pass.

Why such a long time to get one?? They can't make them that fast or what?

I know they're due to first come out in December, but can't they start making them now?

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Rhubes said:
well february's pretty far away.. .I think I might pass.

Why such a long time to get one?? They can't make them that fast or what?

I know they're due to first come out in December, but can't they start making them now?
The boat ride alone can kill a month with its associated hangups (customs, etc.).

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
D.O.C. frames are scheduled to be in stock in late December and shipping in late December to Early January! They are being built right now!

Dave

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I'm in.
I could not pass it up.
Blood red is too tempting.
I just hope Evil will throw in a "Choads guide to riding a hardtail"
instruction manual. :blah:
Its been so long, it is going to feel like a new sport for me.
I do have a sweet, newly built BMX track that is 3 minutes from
my house though. :thumb:

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
The bike battle on Fox. This lion is cool and here is the great news I just finished building my bike You know the Black Evil DOC with the Sherman Forks man This baby is gonna be bad It looks so good ,I called in sick to work today to go ride it and Ian Millar (Modestbike) is here to shoot pics with me and Basigotia)so any pics will be maiden voyage pics Thanks DW ,Jonas, John and Michael , and the rest of the crew. Let the Evil era begin yaaaaaaaaaaaahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
ssaddict said:
anyone else is free to chip in?
"While installation of a Shiver fork may impress your friends on pinkbike, it is not advisable for real world use."

-ska todd

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
hacksaw said:
Let the Evil era begin yaaaaaaaaaaaahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
amen to that!
cant wait to see it
Looks like im gonna be the only one man enought o run gears on it for now though ;)

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Pip3r said:
amen to that!
cant wait to see it
Looks like im gonna be the only one man enought o run gears on it for now though ;)
LOSER

(L made with the hand against the forhead)

Piper sits down while racing dh....

Jun 11, 2002
UK
What's the availability going to be like in the UK for the DOC? Are you still with Frameworks and what would the going UK price, if known, be? Just exchanging it would work out roughly at £250, I know getting them into the country would bump that up a lot though.

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
dw said:
D.O.C. frames are scheduled to be in stock in late December and shipping in late December to Early January! They are being built right now!

Dave
Where are they being built/who's building them? Devinci still?

ssaddict

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
thaflyinfatman said:
Where are they being built/who's building them? Devinci still?
No, Devinci only makes the Imperials.

The DOC is actually welded oversea's, that's how they are able to keep the price down and still use custom tubing. The manufacture usually specializes in high end road bikes and other custom work I believe. Honestly is some of the nicest work I've ever seen and is comparable to any US builder.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i know i should be able to imagine it, but my imagination sucks from too many years of tv. anybody (DW, this is pointed at you) got a pic of one of these bad boys in black? i want to like it more, but the red does not do much for me. i am hoping that the black will do the trick.

MichaelT

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
home
ssaddict said:
Page 1

#1: Don't case sh*t

anyone else is free to chip in?

#4: Ride your bike more than you talk about riding your bike.

Michael (actually rode last night... man am I rusty)

e.thirteen / Evil

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
dw said:
Hey Rocky,

I made this graphic up just for you!

At 6'3", you are on the tall side of riders who own Imperials. There are a lot of tall guys out there rocking the bikes, but some guys your size could use a little longer top tube. Shown in this graphic is a regular size DOC and an Imperial (1 size only). The long TT DOC will have about a 1 inch longer top tube. It was made to perfectly fit guys from 6'2 to 6'6. Obviouslyt there will be overlap on sizing because everyone's body is different. Some 6'3" tall people will prefer the regular and some 5'11" tall people will prefer the long. This should give you guys a good idea of how the 2 bikes geometries compare.

Keep in mind when you look at the graphic that the Imperial is shown in the 15.5" dropout setting adn the DOC in the 15.75 setting. If both CS lengths were identical, then the Centerlines of the TT measurement at the head tube would line up very closely, and the seat height for most street riders would give an almost identical TT center to center measurement. The Imperial will have a little lower BB and a little steeper head angle.

Hope this helps!
I heard they are flexy and the engineer is a Yankees fan. :blah:

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
ssaddict said:
No, Devinci only makes the Imperials.

The DOC is actually welded oversea's, that's how they are able to keep the price down and still use custom tubing. The manufacture usually specializes in high end road bikes and other custom work I believe. Honestly is some of the nicest work I've ever seen and is comparable to any US builder.
Ah cool... are you able to tell us who the frame builder is, or is it being kept on the dl?

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
I just put my name on the wait list last night. My build will be the same as my imperial.
Black DOC
Sherman Firefly
SIC LL bar and stem
FSA Headset
Singletracks 24" or 26" ?
Holy Rollers
single speed
Raceface NS cranks
Imperial

P.S. Hacksaw we NEED some pictures of your DOC! please :D

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I have my name on a shiny new black DOC regular size.

Sherman 5"
New King Pink headset
diety bars
hope m4's
tioga yellow kirin front
holyroller back
singlespeed
primo pedals
true vativ cranks...

still all up in the air but the components are my current setup

any suggestions?

BikeFan84

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
D-Ville
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I have my name on a shiny new black DOC regular size.

Sherman 5"
New King Pink headset
diety bars
hope m4's
tioga yellow kirin front
holyroller back
singlespeed
primo pedals
true vativ cranks...

still all up in the air but the components are my current setup

any suggestions?

You going to Rays at all>? I live near pittsburgh....what you ride>?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
BikeFan84 said:
You going to Rays at all>? I live near pittsburgh....what you ride>?
I was at rays last weekend, on a gt ruckus frame with a sherman and other stuff...where in pgh do you live? We ride alot!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i'm just hoping before mid-january. i'd like to get a fair amount of ride time in before i embark on terribly hard semester.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
probabally jumping the gun a bit here but does anyone (dw or john et al) know the recommended BB spindle lenght... i see on the webpage it mentions a 68mm BB shell, but what spindle lenght (113, 118 or something different) is it gonna require ???

like i said, possibly a bit early to know but does anyone have the word ?? just trying to get the parts together so i can build it as soon as it arrives...

partsbara

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
the Inbred said:
i'm just hoping before mid-january. i'd like to get a fair amount of ride time in before i embark on terribly hard semester.

you read my mind, but it is my last semester :thumb: to bad it will prob be the worst :stosh:

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
partsbara said:
yeah, i spoke with john p on the phone a week or so ago... he mentioned mid - end of jan as well :(
Welcome to the bike industry. NEVER believe ANY estimated delivery date because EVERYONE will give the the best-case perfect scenario, which never pans out. I've never heard of a worse industry for this problem, though I'm sure some exist.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Bulldog said:
Welcome to the bike industry. NEVER believe ANY estimated delivery date because EVERYONE will give the the best-case perfect scenario, which never pans out. I've never heard of a worse industry for this problem, though I'm sure some exist.
Tood bad the they can't be like doctors and give you WORST case scenario ;)

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Bulldog said:

thanks for the welcome.. a little late but you know what they say about that :)... i v been working with bikes (paid, as a job if you will) for 5 years or so... aside from my own tinkering... unfortunately the industry is like that.. delays delays delays... and the best thing is that everyone has some kind of excuse, 99% of the time blaming another party... not saying this reflects on evil or e13 at all... infact since i hooked up our account with evil e13 they have been nothing but professional... great to deal with on the phone, fast and reliable with shipping... props to them... i wish it was all that easy...

we have our name on 4 DOCS, 3 black and 1 red... all regular... 2 are pre sold... can t wait...

partsbara

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Damn True said:
I heard they are flexy and the engineer is a Yankees fan. :blah:
ahaahhaha

how did I miss this before!

True, youre gonna get it! :mumble:

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Frame production is completed on Tuesday 12-21 guys, I go to see them being finished up this Thursday! Its getting close! :D

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
dw said:
Frame production is completed on Tuesday 12-21 guys, I go to see them being finished up this Thursday! Its getting close! :D

DW, you havent been contacting the people on the waiting list to confirm shipment yet have you? I am away at school and havent got to talk to my shop lately ???any word would be great! Thanks:thumb:

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
manhattanprjkt83 said:
DW, you havent been contacting the people on the waiting list to confirm shipment yet have you? I am away at school and havent got to talk to my shop lately ???any word would be great! Thanks:thumb:
We have still not contacted anybody to confirm shipment at this time. But those phone calls and emails might be going out soon.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I noticed that you guys had informed a customer on the board of his place on the list, if you get a chance could you let me know where i stand.

Scholls Bicycle Center
Bill EP purchase
Black

if you cant that is cool, just wondering...