Quantcast

some of you may have heard of capital forest

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Im riding there saturday am. whos with me???

Rode tiger this am. what fun. I cant decide which I like better :heart:

What time, where, what trails, shuttle???

Good to see back on the bike. All i have is my SS for XC at the moment, so I would prefer a shuttle ride.

[Edit] Actaully I do have the slalom bike, I can climb on that, it has gears.

P.S. Your latest pics on the site look great.

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
PsychO!1 said:
What time, where, what trails, shuttle???

Good to see back on the bike. All i have is my SS for XC at the moment, so I would prefer a shuttle ride.

[Edit] Actaully I do have the slalom bike, I can climb on that, it has gears.

P.S. Your latest pics on the site look great.
thanks! :D

My only bike is a single speed so if we do climb, misery will have company. I wont have a rack so I cant shuttle.. maybe we can talk one more bike riding dude with a truck into coming??

Im going - shuttle or no... I know you can hack it..... :nopity: :cool:

edit
how about 7am at the littlerock chevv? We can do the awesome trail. I dont remember if youve done that with me or not. If we have a shuttle truck its about a 5 minute shuttle for about a 25 min ride or we can bike up the road quickly and ride down... Its not at all technical but its fast and flowy and fun

Apr 2, 2004
Lynnwood, WA
Hey, Im planning a group ride there this summer. I haven't picked dates yet. People from all around western washington are welcome. I talked to the Peak in West Olympia and he told me that if we get enought poeple on a Saturday organized he will shuttle us up to the peak.. This could be a great chance to be other riders in the north west. If anyone has some Ideas of dates give me a shout.

John

Apr 2, 2004
Lynnwood, WA
Actually Captial forest is a Place south of olympia.. Its a national forest thats in the process of being logged. The State has created trails for recreation. THeres hundreds of miles of trails. You can ride any where from a hour to a full day.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Evangelist247 said:
Actually Captial forest is a Place south of olympia.. Its a national forest thats in the process of being logged. The State has created trails for recreation. THeres hundreds of miles of trails. You can ride any where from a hour to a full day.

Its a state trust land...not a national forest. Its basically a working tree farm that we are lucky to be able to ride in (some of the trust funds schools). Capital forest is miles upon miles of trail. Not alot of real DH trail, mostly just good ol MTB trail. The horse side is flowy and smooth, the moto side flowy and rough.....bikes and hikers have free roam over the entire area.Winter can be hell, but Oh so fun. Lots of mud, clay, water, mud.... Summers can be loose and dusty.... crowded too on the moto side.

Best thing to do is search the trail guides on the web (mtbr.com, dirtworld.com) and books you find at shops. They list some of the old standbys. After 5yrs of riding out there we've also come up with our own routs that should be in books.... Drop a line here if your ever headed this way to ride.

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
PsychO!1 said:
Coffee will be in a thermos....bring a cup.

Donut preference....
Maple Bar?
Twist?
Sprinkle?

twist and sprinkle for me :heart: My chain is completely dry, do you have some lube can ya bring it in case I dont have the chance to pick some up before sat?

OLY :mumble:

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Well I would have gone for the earlier time too but I cant pass up free donuts. Also we got a couple more dudes gonna show at 9 now and we have another truck so its shuttlin time :cool:

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
i couldnt wait. went out at noon today. the trails are so good. There are little white flowers lining the trails on both sides now, so when you go fast enough and squint its just like warp speed you see in the movies :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
I'm gonna go to Huckleberry Ridge almost alone, knowing that every single one of you guys would love it, but will never ever know since you will never ever go.... :p

Jetter

Chimp
Nov 12, 2003
Lakewood WA
What would people characterize the Capital Forest ride as? Trails, or DH stuff? I assume it's DH since so many people shuttle it. I take it you'd want armor?

:monkey:

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Jetter said:
What would people characterize the Capital Forest ride as? Trails, or DH stuff? I assume it's DH since so many people shuttle it. I take it you'd want armor?

:monkey:

trails mostly. I dont wear armour, just a dirt lid. The trail I spend most of my time on is best described as fast and twisty. If you like speed and smooth youll love it. If you like technical you probably wont have as much fun.. Its hardtail or short travel rear susp. I used to ride my bullit on it but ended up selling it cause I had more fun on my HT.

Come ride with us, youll only lose a few hours of your life if ya hate it :)