Quantcast

Song of the Day [a running event]

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
wow...it's been a long time since i've posted in this thread. well, in honor of the late Killer Kowalski, who died the other day, i'll toss up a special treat for you. it's a song called "Donovan's Monkey" by Stalk-Forrest Group, who would later change their name and become much more famous as Blue Öyster Cult.

Stalk-Forrest Group - Donovan's Monkey

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I saw Stereolab last Monday, the first time in 16 years...I'd caught them on their debut US tour, and they have pretty much held to the original ideas they crafted (light French pop w/ burbly electronics and a Krautrock/motorik rhythm). In the meantime they lost keyboard/vocalist Mary Hansen to a tragic biking accident, and the holes left by her backing vocals have not been filled. still, they are a band worth seeking out.

here's probably one of my favorite songs of theirs:
French Disko

click on Laetitia to see more photos

Last edited:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
a day late, but here's two statements from Ron Asheton and the Stooges, in honor of his recent passing. the man was a rock machine, unleashing riffs and energy which could power small towns. i'm really glad i saw the reformed Stooges twice in the last few years. if cranking this @ disturbingly loud volume doesn't overload the rock and roll receptors in yr brain and your body starts doing funny things, well go back to yr sh1tty music. both of these are from the ultra-essential _Funhouse_

TV Eye

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Bring back the option to download tracks, Tim! The RIAA isn't that tough, really... :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
btw, if you are facebook friends w/ me, I put up three download links to some of my favorites songs of 2009 that I forgot to post last year.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
The 3 things I am most proud of are the fact that I've never seen ET, busted a condom or joined face book... :D

I was hoping you'd hand deliver to this thread again. :)

btw, if you are facebook friends w/ me, I put up three download links to some of my favorites songs of 2009 that I forgot to post last year.