Quantcast

soul cycles dillinger

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
Is your frame an 18" size? What's your gear ratio? did you fiddle with bottom bracket placement at all?
Yep, it's the 18. Currently it's a 32/15 but might change depending on the riding I end up doing. Haha, yeah - the eccentric bb saved my life on chain tension and the chainline was 98% perfect the first go around.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
So I tried to set up a 1x9 tonight using a SRAM X7 rear trigger shifter.

I removed the old cable but was struggling like crazy to feed in the new cable, I got so frustrated that I decided to unscrew the shifter in order to see what I was doing better in order to feed the cable (why can't they make it slightly easier?) and in doing so, one of the "springs" inside came loose and I'm not sure exactly where it is supposed to "rest" inside the shifter.

I'm such a doofus!

Can anyone help guide me through the steps to put everything back in their proper space?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Mark, I take it you have the thumb lever spring out of it's moorings, ehh? If you are very careful, it is possible to get it back together. You will notice that you will have to "wind" the spring a bit to get the lever back in its proper posistion. If the spring gets mangled, even the least little bit, it's "effed".

I had a buddy of mine do the exact same thing to an X-9 shifter pod. He called SRAM tech and they had mercy on him and sent out a new one to him.

Good luck. That's a tough little bugger to get back together right!

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
Mine is almost done, also. I picked up a set of BB5's from a buddy today and all I need now is a set of tires. Probably gonna get something cheap from Ebay for now.

Feb 4, 2008
when those springs come out it sucks. basically if it is the one that coils around the rotary? inside the shifter then you have to set the one end into in, wrap it around again trying to keep some tension, then figure out the spot where the other end catches on the shifter body. that part is kinda tricky cause it just does it on a plastic nub or something, nothing clearly marked. just play with it a bit. also when you do it make sure the shifter is all the way to one end of its action or it won't work properly. i have go to to work now, but i have fixed mine before numerous times and the best advice i can offer is to be patient.

padrik5

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
Silverdale, Wa
Yep, it's the 18. Currently it's a 32/15 but might change depending on the riding I end up doing. Haha, yeah - the eccentric bb saved my life on chain tension and the chainline was 98% perfect the first go around.

are u sure

me thinks it's a 32/16 bro :biggrin: