Quantcast

southeast photo thread

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
yeah, i used a whole can of clearcoat....and charlieM...it only took about 10 minutes to put it back together. it wasn't bad at all. now, spending 2 hours trying to get my new FSA Gap cranks to fit was a different story, looks like they're a no-go with my chainguide :( i guess it's back to the old school splined setup. i'll post pics when it's complete, it's 2 am and i've given up for the night.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
hmmmm, this says it's set up for a 50mm chainline, perhaps that's the problem since just about any chainguide i get will have the same problem i'm having now. thanks.

can't have chat w/out pics so here's one, i know dhbuilder will like this one :D

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
Very nice, I have two questions 1) how did the welded part of the frame turn out. and 2) what was your method for getting the frame painted(how many coats of each kind of paint did you use?)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
the weld hasn't given me any problems at all, i think it adds character to the frame ;)

my paint method was as follows:

1. sand
2. wash
3. primer
4. 1 coat green, dry overnight
5. 2 coat green, dry overnight
5. place stickers
6. whole can of clearcoat, by the time one section of the bike was sprayed, the next would be dry and ready for another coat. i think i got 4 coats all together.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
What grit did you get to with the sandpaper? And only one coat of primer? Also what brand rattle can did you use?...krylon. You'll have to keep us up to date on how it holds up.

I'm thinking heavily into painting my sgs, and I'm trying to find the best way to do it, so thanks a lot for answering my questions.