Quantcast

southeast photo thread

Oct 9, 2006
Yeah that was us...we saw a couple of vehicles goin by(one sheriff) that looked like riders...racks and some of them had bikes...one guy honked at us. Anyways fun drop that happens to land on an on-ramp for an interstate. I will be up in the mountains this weekend if anybody wants to meet up and ride.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i got a marz 66 from merrit this week with the intention of reducing it and putting it on moser's brooklyn as a burly dj fork but when i realized that it was too much trouble to reduce it i just put it on my demo :D :thumb: i got a killer deal on it b/c the steer tube was cut so short...but, with a short stack stem, i was able to make it work. it's pretty much the same height and travel as my superT so my geometry stayed the same. i rode it around the hood tonight and it felt great, very similar to the superT but slightly more reactive. i'm probably going to run this fork for most everything around here and if it handles ok at dark mountain (i'll have to hit the rock garden during practice for fun), then i'll probably race it at sugar and massanutten.

has anyone raced DH on one of these before? it's listed as a "DH/Extreme freeride" fork by marz so i'm assuming that the massive stanchions will hold up just fine.

anyway...pics (as you can see, i haven't fully bathed her since fontana)

and my new headbadge :thumb: i still have some "trimming" to do on the glue around it but you get the idea.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Just a thought here...but assuming that is a live round...shouldn't the tip point down? You know...roost, rocks, tree limbs, etc?
i thought about it, but i have a button that sets it off and i plan on doing it when i backflip over a wolverine.

you wouldn't believe how hard it was to saw that casing in half with a dremel.

CLos

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
I'll miss this line the most. There was some stuff out there that I just
could not get the nerve up to hit. :disgust:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
i wanted to take a break from remodeling my bathroom tonight...and i had some paint left over from the demo so..........
the 66 got a makeover :thumb:

now no one will be able to find me on trail rides!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Ummm...anybody recall that "incident" I had several years back with a guy in black shorts and t-shirt and kinda stocky?
Brandon...tell me right now you've never been to Mills River in combat boots???

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
i've only been there once, but i lost my clothes and had to run out naked w/ only my combat boots on. never going back there 'cause the local mtn bikers freak out and try to use their multi-tools as weapons.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
i've only been there once, but i lost my clothes and had to run out naked w/ only my combat boots on. never going back there 'cause the local mtn bikers freak out and try to use their multi-tools as weapons.
HA HAHA!!!! Good...hope you remembered my story. Don't think I don't sometimes wonder if that really might have been you....