Quantcast

specialized demo 7 and 8 for 2007 !!!

preppie

Monkey
Aug 30, 2002
Europe
MikeT said:
why have a demo 7 whilst theres a sx trail in production? plus that demo 7 is hella ugly
I was thinking the same, maybe this Demo7 is a 'pure' slopestyle-BigAir-Northshore and drop oriented bike ?

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
hmm it probably will have a more laterally stiff rear end then the sxt, also lil more seatpost adjustment it looks like...... (mmm e-speculation)

only thing I don't like at all on it, is the graphics and 2 piece downtube, that just looks like it's asking for trouble, not to mention it's ugly as crap

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
I'm sure it's just a prototype and the two piece downtube will go away when it hits production.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
does the TT have a slight "nomad style" curve to it?

Or is it just the angle of the photo?

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
DVNT said:
does the TT have a slight "nomad style" curve to it?

Or is it just the angle of the photo?

My thoughts exactly. Things look a lot smoother up top. This bike would be some good competition for the Nomad, too, although maybe it is a little bit beefier. Hope it won't break at the upper link/seatpost junction, that area takes a lot of force, and that doesn't look to gusseted.

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
I heard they are not running a Demo9 for 2007, cause there were 3 times as many sales of Demo8's.

I am sure when the production 7 comes out, it will look alot better.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Damn the new M5 Demo 8 sounds incredible.

I am looking forward to more race bike options. I see a new frame in my future.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
I don't know why you guys think it's ugly - I really like it. It reminds me of a demo in the back with a smaller Nomad front triangle. I'm not so sure I really like the big bend in the downtube, but heck, it's not as bad as some downtubes this year. Demo 7 might be the next addition to my stable.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Netguy said:
Does anybody know if they are keeping the SX Trail, now that the 7 is out?
The SX Trail's popularity is amazing. Spesh really hit the nail on the head with that bike. I doubt they'd discontinue it after finally getting the bugs worked out.

As for what the Demo7 is intended for, uh, I dunno either. Maybe more of a do-everything-that-involves-gravity-and-canada, but then again, the BigHit kinda hits that nail pretty well, too, as does the Demo8. Huh. Redundancy, but hey, more choices!

Wait till the geo figures come out, I am hoping it's lower and shorter than a Demo8, making it indeed a "mini DH bike", but there are still a lot of possibilites.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...yeah - I heard some info about the new Demos from a few people, but didn't want to say anything - especially given the description of the Demo 7. :eviltongu

Now that I can see a pic to match that description - it's worse than I thought. :D

They sort of borrowed the downtube and toptube shape from the 05' Big Hit Spec "Grom" edition:

...but not directly.

They DEFINITELY need to re-shape that downtube to look more... straight - and less... girly?

On the upside though - I am completely stoked about the new M5 alu Demo 8 frame for next year - it's about time they started to lighten up that damn frame...

...now if only they would put a gearbox in there... I wonder...:evil: :D

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
My guess is they'll make the Enduro line in between the SXT and regular Enduro this year, and then have the Demo 7 and 8. I don't think they'll continue the Demo 9 either.

That is all 100% speculation but if I were to decide that's what I would do.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Hmmm I'll have to wait until I see it in person. I remember I hated the intial pics of the Demo before it was released, but then loved it so much after seeing it in person and got one.

I'll admit I'm not a big fan of curvey down or top tubes though..I like the industrial strait tubes as far as looks go.

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
Quoting website: "Demo8 was 37lbs with no carbon fiber"

Dude, I won't believe it until they show pics on a calibrated scale, with the tires not touching the ground.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
ragin-sagin said:
Quoting website: "Demo8 was 37lbs with no carbon fiber"

Dude, I won't believe it until they show pics on a calibrated scale, with the tires not touching the ground.
Mine's 41.25 on a digi w/ not that light of stuff. It'd be easy w/ the new frame thats a pound lighter and because he works for Specialized so he gets proto stuff.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Demo's aren't light, but they aren't too heavy, either. My SMALL Demo8 was 12.25 for the frame with a steel-sprung Swinger 4 way.

Rigger

Chimp
Jul 29, 2004
NV
I was the person who wrote the blog.... I can assure you that Brandon's Demo for 37lbs.
You guys also have to remember that these bikes are handmade protypes.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
I'm guessing they idea is trick you eyes like the car manufacturers do when they are testing...I'm surprised I haven't seen may photo shopped models yet. Blacking out the frame with a solid color would be pretty easy.