Quantcast

specialized demo 7 and 8 for 2007 !!!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Bicyclist said:
Mine's 41.25 on a digi w/ not that light of stuff. It'd be easy w/ the new frame thats a pound lighter and because he works for Specialized so he gets proto stuff.
NO!
He had straight up stock stuff on that bike. Specialized Enduro handlebar. Truvativ XC cranks and BB. XC style headset. He's not a burly guy and is a smooth rider. Plus the Boxxer Air is silly light.

Believe he had Juicy carbons and light wheels. He told me to run their 36 hole front hub with triple butted spokes and it builds up stiffer and as light as anything else. He also runs the 28mm width DT rims.

Hope that helps clear that up.

Summit

Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
here 'n there
As I once posted in one of the deleted threads...I think Specialized is doing an awesome job these days. They are pushing the boundaries from both a technical perspective (bike design) and from a marketing perspective (graphics, etc.).

They are pushing the boundaries of what is acceptable with these fugly graphics. Some people will hate them and some will love them - a far better situation than to have a product everyone feels 'meh' about. They are taking the risky road...and the risky one is the safe one. The 'safe' road is in fact the riskiest one - it leads to mediocrity and a company headed down the tubes. So, nice work big red S! :D I hope to get my hands on a Demo 7 next year...

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
I totally agree with you.

The new frame and suspension design took some time to grow on me, but now I'm digging it. Small bump sensitivity will be increased, and the geo. looks to be geared more towards DH racing.

But as far as the graphics go on the Demo 7 - there is a fine line to walk when pushing the boundries. The bike is a patchwork of like 4 different colors with Argyle stickers and that "worn" finish at the BB area. It's like 6 different graphics package plastered all over one bike.

I know Brandon reads these threads, and I've talked with him about the frame design in the past, but the graphics... but with all due respect - they don't look that great, and they need some direction.

Stick with one color and decal package. Use the natural lines of the TT and run a decal along that like the way the Argyle decal runs. Or better yet make it painted-on pin striping in that area.

Just a thought.

EDIT: Well, I guess it's pretty much set in stone - the pic of the 3-fade color Argyle Demo 7 is production...

BUT: The 2007 SX Trail frameset WILL be available in the Baby Blue custom color that Bearclaw was riding last year!

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
S.K.C. said:
I totally agree with you.

EDIT: Well, I guess it's pretty much set in stone - the pic of the 3-fade color Argyle Demo 7 is production...
QUOTE]

OK, now that is just a shame. The frame design may grow on me, but the paint job is just FUGLY!!!! I want my dull black and silver, sheesh. If I'm going to pay that much for a bike, I sure as heck don't want to ride something that looks like it should be at the carnival.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
With a paintjob like that my first stop would be to a powdercoaters shop....if Spec. wouldn't void the goddamn warranty for it.

Seriously gross paint.
Here are my color preferences in order
1. Black, with a un-clearcoated sticker kit.
2. One color on the bike ( I don't care which color so much as just one please!)
3. 2 tone or pin striping.
4. sh*t brown
5. sh*t brown with darker "skid mark" pin stripinig
Last. Argyle. For f*ck's sake I'm Scottish and I don't that on my bike!

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Zark:
Seriously gross paint.
2. One color on the bike ( I don't care which color so much as just one please!)
4. sh*t brown
Agreed.

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
I don't know when the pics will be online, but my shop has the 07 dealer catalog thinger and there is a paint scheme for the demo 7 called "tattoo" thats looks freakin awesome. Someone go find some pics...

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Funny, I've heard that the Tattoo is really ugly from other people...

Is that the full size binder catalog or just a preview? My shop doesn't have that yet, whatever it is. :(

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
Bicyclist said:
Funny, I've heard that the Tattoo is really ugly from other people...

Is that the full size binder catalog or just a preview? My shop doesn't have that yet, whatever it is. :(
Full Binder.

To be honest, i'm sure most people would find it fugly, but, it is almost so rediculous that it works. As if the frame was so cool that it didn't care about how it looked....ha.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
we just got our 2007 binder in today. I might try to snap some pics off it tomorrow. I must say that Tattoo paintjob looks pretty good imo If im remembering it right. The demo 8 models were available in the paintjob with those stickers on it and a more solid color with like some stripes on it I think.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
CKxx said:
Full Binder.

To be honest, i'm sure most people would find it fugly, but, it is almost so rediculous that it works. As if the frame was so cool that it didn't care about how it looked....ha.
When are most shops supossed to get the binder? Or are you special so you get it ahead?

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
Zark said:
With a paintjob like that my first stop would be to a powdercoaters shop....if Spec. wouldn't void the goddamn warranty for it.

Seriously gross paint.
4. sh*t brown
spoken like a true metalhead

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
Oh, also, my manager rode the new S-Works Enduro w/the Specialized brand suspension and said it was, "unreal." He had nothing but great comments about the way it rode/pedaled and such.

...im just waiting for the XC riders to start crying about hitting their knees on the DC fork.:eviltongu

pbr

Chimp
Aug 18, 2003
San Francisco
Specialized held their dealer launch last week and the 07 stuff was released. We got our books then. The 07 line up looks pretty good, but a lot of the paint jobs of the dh- oriented bikes are a bit... radical.

I thought this model of the Enduro SL had looked pretty tight.
I posted a few more images here:
http://www.ihatebikes.net/pages/spec2007.html

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Honestly I'm most stoked on the fact the Bighit'll be available as a frame. I may get one, we'll have to see what's up with the Demo 8 and it.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
I just wish they had the SX frame available as a complete. Only the sx trails are complete and not the sweet 4" travel sx with the air shock. Ive seen alot of pictures of it complete but the book doesnt list it as being available like in all the pictures of it.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Weak, I was JUST gonna say I'm glad they made the SX in complete this year, it's a sick little ride for sure!

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
Yeah man I was pretty pissed when I saw no complete SX. I was hoping so much that they would have it as complete. I mean I could easily just build up the frame but it would cost a good bit more.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Just wanted to say that I had a look at the 07' Spesh Bible and was pretty stoked with the color options:

SX Trail: Mirror Black / Black (complete)
Frame Only: Baby Blue

Demo 7: Brown multi-color Argyle - yeah that one - (complete)
Demo 7 II: Gatorade Green-Black-Green fade (complete) pretty cool
Frame Only: Tattoo -REALLY cool, White HT w/ red "S" logo, fade to tan/beige frame with tattoo stickers all over it. Black chainstays and seatstay, red ano S-Link

Demo 8: Silver Ano w/ Black/White/Sliver Argyle frame stickers (complete) REALLY cool
Frame Only: Ano Red with Silver pinstripes -kind of like an oldskool hotrod type of motif. PIMP.

I might be wrong on some of the color names though...

So now I see where they are going with this, and the right marketing campaign will definitely set it off.

I still think the main Demo 7 Brown Argyle scheme is awful, but everything else is definitely new and fresh.

VERY cool stuff. :trophy_br

I guess I should have withheld any critical comments until I saw the whole line-up so I apologize for any stupidity on my part.

07 Spesh FR and DH bikes are definitely gonna stand out in the crowd. :thumb:

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
S.K.C. said:
Just wanted to say that I had a look at the 07' Spesh Bible and was pretty stoked with the color options:

SX Trail: Mirror Black / Black (complete)
Frame Only: Baby Blue

Demo 7: Brown multi-color Argyle - yeah that one - (complete)
Demo 7 II: Gatorade Green-Black-Green fade (complete) pretty cool
Frame Only: Tattoo -REALLY cool, White HT w/ red "S" logo, fade to tan/beige frame with tattoo stickers all over it. Black chainstays and seatstay, red ano S-Link

Demo 8: Silver Ano w/ Black/White/Sliver Argyle frame stickers (complete) REALLY cool
Frame Only: Ano Red with Silver pinstripes -kind of like an oldskool hotrod type of motif. PIMP.

I might be wrong on some of the color names though...

So now I see where they are going with this, and the right marketing campaign will definitely set it off.

I still think the main Demo 7 Brown Argyle scheme is awful, but everything else is definitely new and fresh.

VERY cool stuff. :trophy_br

I guess I should have withheld any critical comments until I saw the whole line-up so I apologize for any stupidity on my part.

07 Spesh FR and DH bikes are definitely gonna stand out in the crowd. :thumb:

The red with the Pinstrips is pretty pimp i must say.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Bizutch:
and the guy with the scanner and the 07 book is where?

I think Frasier might get another "cease and desist" email from Spesh if someone were to do that.

I'd say give it another 2 weeks, and then sanctioned pics will start popping up here and there.

kahner89

Monkey
May 25, 2006
spokanistan
ya with specialized's new suspension systems coming out i think that the Demo's will just get more hype and the frame on the 7 will be adjusted esp. the bottom extension, but i cant wait jsut to demo a demo 7