Quantcast

Spoted! NEW 2011 demo 8 in Portugal

numerik

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
Slovenia, Europe
really cause i know plenty of mass produced bikes that have cracked
Nevermind, I won't argue, although I've seen so many American handbuilt "butique" frames cracked this year it's ridiculous! I don't question Specialized quality and especialilly performance of the bikes. Demo is awesome bike, and I'm sure the new one will be even better.

Laaz

Monkey
Sep 26, 2005
Slovenia, Europe
Nevermind, I won't argue, although I've seen so many American handbuilt "butique" frames cracked this year it's ridiculous!
And they all cracked before the start of the season (few months old). And on the exact same spot.

But, as someone said. Bikes crack. We should get over it. Especially if the frame costs only 2,5 k.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
Is Avalanche considered "popular?" Would a Woodie reservoir fit in there anyway?
I took that quote from the article so you would have to ask Specialized how they define "popular". My guess is they will make one for the big manufacturers: RS, Fox, Marz., CC, etc. It is a really good question though. Could be something that will make or break the deal for some people.

Runner

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
CT
Yeah I was hoping Jason could post up a list of which brands made the cut, if it's been determined yet.