Quantcast

Spring MonkeyFest 2005 at Pisgah NF

mtbjunkez

Chimp
Nov 24, 2004
Hendersonville, NC
Well.....I really dont know any of ya'll, but I live in Hendersonville which is like 20 minutes from Pisgah and i'll be free on those dates. Think i could come and do some riding with ya'll?

dh boyeee

Cesspool
Nov 16, 2004
hiding from your dad
biggins said:
well, so far it looks like we have peeps reprazenting from VA, FL, SC, NC, and TN. where da geeeorja peeps at?
ay dog, dependin on if im alive at that point in time, i will definitely try to get my azz up there! 1 atl foo, anybody else?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
mtbjunkez said:
Well.....I really dont know any of ya'll, but I live in Hendersonville which is like 20 minutes from Pisgah and i'll be free on those dates. Think i could come and do some riding with ya'll?
Absolutely. Consider this a personal invitation. I dont know many of these guys either.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dh boyeee said:
ay dog, dependin on if im alive at that point in time, i will definitely try to get my azz up there! 1 atl foo, anybody else?
word. why ya gonna die?

CrAckErKorEan

Ridemonkey's own half breed
Nov 29, 2001
Winder GA (Its in the sticks)
biggins said:
well, so far it looks like we have peeps reprazenting from VA, FL, SC, NC, and TN. where da geeeorja peeps at?
Add two more from the ATL. My wife and myself will be in. Be it we are beginners nothing hardcore and we just do trail riding but we are up for some riding none the less. :thumb:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
CrAckErKorEan said:
Add two more from the ATL. My wife and myself will be in. Be it we are beginners nothing hardcore and we just do trail riding but we are up for some riding none the less. :thumb:
Awesome man, after just a day, here's out list:

Definite:

BurlyShirley
Biggins
TN
Laura
Castle
Ridetoofast
DBR
CrackerKorean
CrackerKorean’s Wife
T-Pirate & respect crew
DhBoyee

Maybe:

JohnBryanPeters

So what about Profro and the Windrock crew? And Manimal, what about you and DickiesBike1?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
CrAckErKorEan said:

youll be fine there are only a few thousand miles of trail there

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
pssibly some florida guys as well and maybe dc_street and a few of the the crew from up in virginia

BurlyShirley said:
Awesome man, after just a day, here's out list:

Definite:

BurlyShirley
Biggins
TN
Laura
Castle
Ridetoofast
DBR
CrackerKorean
CrackerKorean’s Wife
T-Pirate & respect crew
DhBoyee

Maybe:

JohnBryanPeters

So what about Profro and the Windrock crew? And Manimal, what about you and DickiesBike1?
I'm in.
Plus maybe a friend .
I have a juicy longbed shuttle vehicle.
I think i got 12 bikes in it during the Rampage.

biggins said:
yessssss. this is gonna be awesome

Quick ? Biggie,
I have never ridden the east coast really .
So since i'm coming along way to do this thing, where else should i hit that is kinda close?
I already think i'll try to go through Knoxville to ride windrock with Doug(Profro) either before or after so anything else thats is primo?
Greenville perhaps?

Any suggestions appreciated yo!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
well of course windrock, are you into xc riding at all? Dupont is about 30 minutes from where we will be all weekend. Tsali if ya wanna rip real fast on buttery smooth groomed rolling trails. Pisgah has enough to keep you busy every weekend for about 5 years.

BurlyShirley said:
Dude, I thought you lived in cali. Cool that you'll be there.
Thanks bro.
My stuff is in Cali(san diego) but i'm drifting for a year in an RV riding everyplace i can.
My folks still live in New ORleans so i came here for the holidays . Gonna work my way slowly up the east coast to see my sister in Boston come spring.

Riding Pisgah with you guys come spring fits in quite nicely! :sneaky:

andym

Chimp
Mar 30, 2004
va
T-Pirate said:
Its NC, beer HAS to be allowed.
Thats what I thought too when I was at Brown Mtn. I left there with a nice possesion of alcohol in a national forest ticket.

I might be able to make the ride. Money will be tight since I'm heading to Utah in June. How is the XC riding in the Pisgah area? I'm 2 1/2 hours out of Asheville so it isn't a long trip. I'll be picking up some of the local brew while I'm there.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dude the xc in pisgah is world class.as for the brews, go with highland, french broad or one of the growlers from asheville pizza and brewing company. Brown Mountain OHV area?trail 9 gives me wood. Also brown mountain is patroled heavily because of the dirt bikes and whatnot.

andym

Chimp
Mar 30, 2004
va
I had the Highland Gaelic the last time we were in Asheville and ate at the College Street Pub. I can see why they patrol that area so heavily. It just got to me when the 4 guys sitting around a campfire being quiet and minding our own business got ticketed when the ATV riders all around us didn't. They had got drunk enough to go ride so they weren't around when the ranger made his rounds. I just wanted to know where the ranger was all night while the drunk quad riders were doing doughnuts in the gravels and singing Hank Williams Jr all night. On our court date I mentioned something to that effect. At least he didn't take our beer and we were able to keep drinking all night.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
yeah where we are will be much more mellow.whats wrong with hank jr. anyway? College Street pales in comparison to a tonm of places round here.

andym

Chimp
Mar 30, 2004
va
biggins said:
yeah where we are will be much more mellow.whats wrong with hank jr. anyway? College Street pales in comparison to a tonm of places round here.
Nothing wrong with Hank Jr but I don't want to hear it sang by drunk rednecks at 3am when I want to get up to go riding the next day. We just ended up at College Street because it was easy to find. We were in town to hear Clutch play at Stella Blue. We're not that familiar with the town so we took what we could find. They had some damn good pizza but I've heard Magic Mushroom is even better.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Yeah......I live in the middle of the state. Could probably entice several partners-in-crime to join me up there as well. I've never met any other fellow Monkey's, so this would be fun.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Yeppers, I do. Good people. I'm sure they'll be doing their own thing, so I'll be working on some other folks to bring up.

Wait a minute........I just realized what you meant. Yes, they are monkey's, but I knew them before I knew of the Monkey. So, I guess I just didn't think of them as such. My bad. Maybe I just meant to say non-local monkeys. :thumb: