Quantcast

sram XX

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I like the idea of a dedicated 2x9 crank for XC use, but other than that, I don't see the XX group as doing anything that other stuff that's WAY cheaper doesn't, except for being a little lighter, and making you super cool. :rolleyes:

No thanks.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I think it has some merit at the top levels of XC racing, or if you have the money and are racing. I like the replaceable cogs on the cassette, so it's not a completely disposable drivetrain.

For the average XC rider, X0 or XTR would be better, but XT and X9 are more than sufficient for 95% of MTB'ers in my opinion.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Doctors and Dentists will be all over it. They are always looking for the next greatest part(s) to give all their once a month riding buddies boners.

X.9 has yet to let me down. I second the idea of a dedicated 2x9 XC crankset though.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I like the idea of a dedicated 2x9 crank for XC use, but other than that, I don't see the XX group as doing anything that other stuff that's WAY cheaper doesn't, except for being a little lighter, and making you super cool. :rolleyes:

No thanks.
Agreed, the double crank is a good idea. All the rest = Sram XO made from drillium.

Wait... except the rotors... NICE!

P.S. Brake cables look way too short... I wouldn't buy it.

Last edited:

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
I run 2x9 on my XC bike. In the Front Range of Colorado I don't see a need for anything larger than a 36 tooth. I run 22-36 on front and 11-34 on back. It covers anything I need and I can use all 18 gears.

I think the 2x10 is a great idea, I'm just going to wait until they sell a set that won't hurt my wallet that much.