Quantcast

ssaddict,aka:Kyle Belenberg died Sunday morning.

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
The AZ scene has definatley felt a loss, I raced with him every time I was in Boulder City, he put 6 seconds on David K at the 2nd race there last season. Too fast to go so soon, you will be misssed...

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
wow.... i can't ****ing take any more of this... first jeremy now kyle..... goddamn, I'm ****ing crying.....

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
without ever shaking your hand a fellow brother none the less, you will be missed.

Keep on shreddin' those mountains!

R.I.P. Kyle!

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
:(
I'm ssure that the loss we feel is nothing compared to that of his family.
Never the less, he will be missed. He was always very friendly and seemed like a very cool guy. :thumb:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
bcd said:
OOOOOOOOOOOH, goddamn it... (sorry, RM, read the anouncement, but this calls for it!).

Alex, any special distinguishing marks/build details on that frame?

I know it has the supershort chainstays (and possibly still has that ridiculous seatpost!), and if I see some random dude on a BCD, I'll be eager to check it out...

MD

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
For those racing at the Fontana Series, CA in two weeks, we all should run single speed.. :)

This is where I first met Kyle as an expert class racer who finished 2 spots ahead of me as the winner. I remember how chippy he was recollecting his big crash on the way to the finish line and still won. He then finished it off by whooping our asses at the Nationals at Big Bear. Class act guy...

Fontana Race Nov 21st in Cali is "Kyle's Race"....

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Like a lot of monkeys I didn't know him outside of seeing his posts up here but it saddens me to hear the news, sounds like a great person and one who will definitely be missed. RIP Kyle.

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
Oh man.. this really bums me out. Its terrible to see one of our own go. He was a great contributor to this board; he will without a doubt be in our hearts. Im sure he's loving the singletrack in heaven. Ride on man....

RIP

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
MikeD said:
OOOOOOOOOOOH, goddamn it... (sorry, RM, read the anouncement, but this calls for it!).

Alex, any special distinguishing marks/build details on that frame?

I know it has the supershort chainstays (and possibly still has that ridiculous seatpost!), and if I see some random dude on a BCD, I'll be eager to check it out...

MD
the pics i have of it are
here

http://bcdracing.com/frames/ssaddict/ssaddic.htm

razor rock - dura ace
pretty one of a kind

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Even though Kyle was about 3,000 miles away, it's definitely different around the office today knowing that he's gone. Having lost Jeremy Demers (friend/teammate/co-worker) and Kyle (friend/teammate/Interbike Slave) within 3 months of one another has left this place feeling pretty hollow and confused.

We're doing our best to keep up with orders and Emails over here, but please be patient with us during these rough times if it takes us an extra day or two to get things squared away. Keeping busy seems to be pretty theraputic for us all, but I still find myself and the rest of the guys here in the office kind of sitting around in a daze once in a while, trying to make sense of it all.

Kyle was one of the most self-less, hard working, and talented guys I've ever known. I only wish his family the best of luck in coping with this tremendous loss.

--John P.
Evil/e13

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
The bike is VERY one of a kind....they'll be no mistaking it (and one reason I wanted to buy it back from Kyle is because it was designed for ME). It's only one of a handfull, this is probably one situation where if you're outside a race and see that bike, you could just strait up tackle the guy on the bike...at least question him...I believe it's the only one running a razor rock AND 9 speed...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I doubt the huffy riding tool who stole it knows what's up with it. Probably has NO clue what it's worth, or any idea of its uniqueness and indentifi-ability. On the other hand, he may try to sell it, in which case the buyer might totally change the build.

I'm noticing the inedible decal that was removed from the chainstay...and will be sure to keep my eyes open.

Anyhow, the bike is insignificant in scope compared to Kyle's passing...I guess it'd just feel extra-good to get this one back. Like I said, my condolences, and if anyone's getting flowers together or anything for his family, I'm in.

MD

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Man, I know him from the boards and ever since I read this I've felt kind of confused. Make you think twice about riding or not.

R.I.P. Kyle

Ride some sweet trails up there for me.

big jonny

Chimp
Feb 6, 2003
Flagstaff, Arizona
My name is big jonny. I’m the idiot who runs drunkcyclist.com.

I was directed to this forum by a post at my forum. I wanted to drop a quick line to let you know I’ve started a thread about Kyle, and please feel free to add any stories, pictures, or whatever you’d like to say.

My site may not be safe for work, but my forum is clean enough to pass muster.

So, please, stop by, check it out and participate.

http://www.velocidadsolomente.com/viewtopic.php?t=156

I hope to see many of you at Kyle’s memorial service.

I will post details when I get them both on DC and the forum.

big jonny

big jonny

Chimp
Feb 6, 2003
Flagstaff, Arizona
This just in:

Memorial services are going to be Thursday 3:00pm at Dobbins Point at the top of South Mountain. This was Kyle's favorite place in the world, and he would've ridden there everyday if he could. I'm sure he's leading all the Sunday shuttle runs up in the sky.

Any contributions or condolences to the family can be sent to :

Harv & Deb Bielenberg
3082076 Ave. NW
Stanwood, WA 98292

See you all there.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
I don't even know what to say. I didn't know him, but from my interactions with him on the 'net, he was a wonderful person for whom I had a deep respect. I'm sorry to see such a stand-up guy (and one hell of a ripper) pass away like that. Rest in peace, Kyle. :(

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Kyle,
Thanks for always being the guy who asked how my racing was going before telling me about yours.
Thanks for always being positive no matter how things were going.
Thanks for being a constantly selfless, energetic and positive influence on the people around you.
May God rest your soul.

True

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
i dont really know what to say.
its such a shock to hear this news, i mean its just seems like the other day he was posting hear and now this.
i never met him or spoke to him, like many others i only know him through his posts, i always regarded him as a really cool guy on here, very helpful, cheerful and a really nice guy.
its just so tragic to hear this news.

dispite being many thousands of miles away, i always feel a strange closeness to everyone on RM, so when something like this happens it makes it feel a lot closer to home.

my thoughts go out to the family and everyone that has to deal with this tragic loss.
rest in peace kyle.

preppie

Monkey
Aug 30, 2002
Europe
It's nice to see that so many people, that only knew him from this forum (like myself), have so much respect and sympathy for him.

Peace, love and a lot of strength to his friends and family.

Trailhead

Chimp
Mar 5, 2002
Sacramento, CA
Never met Kyle, but after reading what kind of an outstanding, selfless, and overall cool individual he was, you kinda wonder why are people like this taken away so early? Then you try to make reason of it by thinking "Maybe people this giving have already served their cosmic purpose in life, by touching all these peoples lives in the way he did, and he already fulfilled his role on earth". But then you realize you're just deluding yourself and justifying something that it makes no sense at all.

Damn.

RIP Kyle.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
It so odd, how we are like a family on here. Here I am sitting on my computer near tears because of someone who I have only communicated with over a web forum?

My condolences to everyone that knew him, and the :monkey: will not be the same.......

Jorgen

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Oslo, Norway
My deepest condolances to those who knew him.

I only knew ssaddict from this forum, but with so many users, his nick is one of those I looked for when reading useful stuff. If he was that kind of dude in real life too, he had to be a great guy.

R.I.P
Ride hard, wherever you are Kyle!

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
"I know how hard it is to make you feel this, when the good fortune of others will too often remind you of the gladness which once lightened your hearts. And sorrow is felt at the want of those blessings, not which a man never knew, but which were a part of his life before they were taken from him."

- Pericles' Funeral Oration

Brad23

Monkey
Jan 9, 2004
West Oakland
I met him at the last Sea Otter @ the Evil booth.
Super nice guy, super helpful in the forums too.
This is all very sad, and I just lost another good friend on a OD.
My heart goes out to him and his family.
He will live forever in all those he touched, and his wheel will keep turning...
Let his spirit inspire us all!

-Brad

Lumpy_Gravy

Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
Jorgen said:
My deepest condolances to those who knew him.

I only knew ssaddict from this forum, but with so many users, his nick is one of those I looked for when reading useful stuff. If he was that kind of dude in real life too, he had to be a great guy.

R.I.P
Ride hard, wherever you are Kyle!
same here, ssadict was one of those usernames you would notice because his posts were always fun to read (either insightful, funny, knowledgable....whatever) you would read them regardless whether the topic was good or great, bad or plain sucked,

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
I really don't know what to say, other than that I never new him, but he always seemed like a genuinely good guy, always glad to help others. It appears that he will be greatly missed, which is, I believe, the greatest testament to the kind of person he was.

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
Very sad news to hear. I met Kyle at Southridge/Fonana and got talking to him figuring that he was a local there. Come to find out later in our conversation that he had driven from AZ. I thought that I had a drive from Nor. Cal, he definatley had me beat by hours. What a dedicated soul to the sport. You will be missed, your memories will not be forgotten by those that knew you. RIP bro.