Quantcast

Stage 11 Spoiler

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I wonder if Landis is happy that he got the jersey. I bet he wishes that he didn't get that bonus.

Its good to see Levi make it back. Too bad he lost so badly on the time trial, though he did get time back today from everyone except Floyd. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I think T-Mobile screwed up badly by going so hard too early. They must still be suffering from Vino disease.

Too bad for George.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
yep... this is shaping up to be a fun Tour to watch... sitting here glued to my computer screen... not knowing what's going to happen... impatiently waiting for the next "auto-refresh" update on Velonews... :help:

I bet Velonews.com makes their entire operating advertising budget during July... I'm hardly ever on there during the other 11 months... :rolleyes:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Ian F said:
yep... this is shaping up to be a fun Tour to watch... sitting here glued to my computer screen... not knowing what's going to happen... impatiently waiting for the next "auto-refresh" update on Velonews... :help:

I bet Velonews.com makes their entire operating advertising budget during July... I'm hardly ever on there during the other 11 months... :rolleyes:
I think that cyclingnews and eurosport are better.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So what the hell happened to Discovery? Seems that those guys always placed much better when working for Lance. I wonder if not having a strong leader before and during the race has left them weaker.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Yea - it was a great stage. I listened on eurosport... from teh sounds of things, Landis was right where he wanted to be... clearly in control. I was really happy to see Levi riding strong again. I heard that he had a couple of bad days (didn't eat/sleep enough, so he basically bonked).

I liked seeing voekler do well early in the stage - and Rasmussen had a good day. Too bad about Mayo though.

All in all - today was much more what I was expecting. Only real "letdown" is discovery. what's going on with them??? Azavedo was teh only one who seemed to have a strong day.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
What about Discovery's "Race to Replace Lance"? Once again the hype machine fails to deliver...

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
That was awesome.

Anyone have or know of a small app that I can keep on the side of my screen that automatically refreshes the data from velonews or another source so I don't new to keep the whole window open? I was thinking about programming one, but wondered if someone alreayd had one.

Nice to see all these mtbers finishing so strong. And to see the US in yellow on Bastille day. :devil:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
sanjuro said:
What about Discovery's "Race to Replace Lance"? Once again the hype machine fails to deliver...

I hear they are putting tobacco juice in Popovich's chamois cream hoping he'll get nut cancer.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
peter6061 said:
Anyone have or know of a small app that I can keep on the side of my screen that automatically refreshes the data from velonews or another source so I don't new to keep the whole window open? I was thinking about programming one, but wondered if someone alreayd had one.
espn.com has an OK one. The full window is kinda bulky, but they have a side panel that refreshes with the updates. Just hide the rest of the crap behind other windows.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
short interview w/George couple days back..and he says something like well no biggie if I'm not in contention for the yellow jersey

what kind of attitude is that? How about were gonna attack and destroy the other mother f**kers and bring home the yellow !!

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Echo said:
What standings are you looking at?
Eurosport:

AND INTO THE FINISH LINE: Hincapie, Simoni and Pereiro at four minutes back... Dessel charging hard, needed to be within 4'38" to keep his yellow jersey..... DESSEL LOSES IT! 4'46" off pace, and he would have kept the yellow jersey if it were not for the bonus!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
DRB said:
Eurosport:

AND INTO THE FINISH LINE: Hincapie, Simoni and Pereiro at four minutes back... Dessel charging hard, needed to be within 4'38" to keep his yellow jersey..... DESSEL LOSES IT! 4'46" off pace, and he would have kept the yellow jersey if it were not for the bonus!
I think they mistook Azevedo for Hincapie. According to the "official" timing on the TDF site, George still hadn't finished as of 16:30 :eek:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
DRB said:
Eurosport:

That wasn't Hincapie, it was Azevedo. Hincapie is waaaaay further back.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I had to take two truckloads to the landfield this morning, so I got back to my house when they were on the second to last climb and watched the rest of the race before I headed to the office.
Landis was totally in charge.
When Levi or Menchov would attack, Landis would not really react, he would just simply pedal up to them.
He stayed cool the whole stage.
He is gonna be tough to beat.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
robdamanii said:
Can't believe Discovery is self destructing. They've got a fair amount of talent, but they've got ZERO motivation it seems.
I doubt they have ZERO motivation. Its more likely sickness or something of that nature that blew them up.

Look at Levi during the time trial or him yo-yoing yesterday.... not a matter of motivation but one of some physical limitation.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Overall .. Stage 11

1. Floyd Landis (USA), Phonak, 2057km in 49:18:07 (41.722kph)
2. Cyril Dessel (F), Ag2r Prevoyance, 00:08
3. Denis Menchov (Rus), Rabobank, 01:01
4. Cadel Evans (Aus), Davitamon-Lotto, 01:17
5. Carlos Sastre (Sp), CSC, 01:52
6. Andréas Klöden (G), T-Mobile, 02:29
7. Michael Rogers (Aus), T-Mobile, 03:22
8. Juan Miguel Mercado (Sp), Agritubel, 03:33
9. Christophe Moreau (F), Ag2r Prevoyance, 03:44
10. Marcus Fothen (G), Gerolsteiner, 04:17

Looks like one team was sucking ass today ... sigh

18. Azevedo José (P), Discovery Channel, 07:27
23. Yaroslav Popovych (Ukr), Discovery Channel, 09:00
40. George Hincapie (USA), Discovery Channel, 23:01
41. Paolo Savoldelli (I), Discovery Channel, 24:22
52. Egoi Martinez (Sp), Discovery Channel, 31:26
72. Benjamin Noval Gonzalez (Sp), Discovery Channel, 42:19
76. Pavel Padrnos (Cz), Discovery Channel, 44:14
87. José Luis Rubiera (Sp), Discovery Channel, 47:15
111. Viatceslav Ekimov (Rus), Discovery Channel, 59:14

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
DRB said:
I doubt they have ZERO motivation. Its more likely sickness or something of that nature that blew them up.

Look at Levi during the time trial or him yo-yoing yesterday.... not a matter of motivation but one of some physical limitation.
True, but nobody is actually trying to play leader for Discovery. They need someone to kick them into gear.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
robdamanii said:
True, but nobody is actually trying to play leader for Discovery. They need someone to kick them into gear.
I wondered if that was the case - not having a clear cut team leader to turn to/follow might be hurting the overall team effort. No clear cut roles.