Quantcast

State Trooper writes ticket for 140 mph over the speed limit!

J

JRB

LordOpie said:
dumbass?

I guess you've never been blown while driving?

You gotta meet Wumpus sometime. My money is he has never been blown while driving.

J

JRB

LordOpie said:
LG, ya gotta elaborate on that. What's up with Wump?

Super cool laid back dude. Just don't see him gettin blown while he drives. He is one of my coolest homies. I will ask and report back with details. I could be wrong. He used to be a hippie.

NotQuiteJdm

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Maryland
Why is everyone talking about this like like it's the first time in history someones hit over 200 on a bike????? I have a handfull of friends that have worked bikes that get to the 200 mark no problem. It IS the first time in history that someone has gotten caught for it...why he stopped i'll never know so for that he is a moron. Have you ever seen the pics of that guy that hit a bus and wasn't wearing a helmet? and he wasn't even going that fast..Id hate to see the mess if he crashed!

Chibo

Chimp
Jul 2, 2004
Scottsdale, Arizona
Rather interesting that that particular bike cannot hit 200mph stock. The only sportbikes that I've seen do over 200mph on public roads were all Hayabusas running turbos.

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
$330? That's a bargain, my friend just got a ticket for $275 in MD for doing 99 in a 65 zone. For that guy, $330 ticket is like gas money to me. He'll probably end up either killing himself, and/or somebody else, then sueing them.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
shootr said:
The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.

-Dave Barry

There are two things no man will admit he cannot do well: drive and make love.

Sir Stirling Moss, and that guy knew a thing or 2 about driving.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Chibo said:
Rather interesting that that particular bike cannot hit 200mph stock. The only sportbikes that I've seen do over 200mph on public roads were all Hayabusas running turbos.
interesting indeed. doesn't stop the locker room stories tho: "i heard he hit 250 mph!" or was it 400 like that dodge...? heh

fr-rider

Monkey
Aug 14, 2004
Albuquerque, NM
Barbaton said:
Look at again. It's $115 for not being licensed, $215 for the speeding, and a court date for the reckless driving. $330 + whatever the judge decides is gonna suck... :help:
He should have gone to jail for being stupid.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Some new info:
I told my dad about it last night, and he said that he had seen an interview with the pilot of the plane. There were 2 bikes. The kid who hit 205 was the faster of the 2. The police made the comment that the bike was heavily modified, but did not elaborate.
The cop's final comment was something like, "He'll get a fine and some jail time. (short pause) Or maybe just jail."
I somewhat agree with NQJdm about getting caught. I've heard over and over again from my friends who ride street bikes that if you are on a rice rocket and do not want to get caught, the odds are very much in your favor. A few of my friends have been let off with warnings for the sole reason that they did stop. Cops can be cool sometimes. I was let off with a warning once after the cop asked "Why were you going so fast?" and all I could come up with, after some stuttering and stammering, was, "Because I can." Sometimes I think that the only reason why cops ask "Why" is to judge what kind of person you are- an a*hole or someone with some horsepower who can use it responsibley, even if responsible = speeding.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I think they ask why because they are looking to hear perceived remorse. So I lay it on thick and then as I drive away I usually mumble..."power hungry sonuva...muther phuckin' assho...