Quantcast

Ste Anne World Cup

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I went to transcend and pinned this morning to find full mens/womens 4x and DH results, nothing....mtb media rules!
(was not able to sit and glue myself to computer with freecaster and RM posts...been out riding ;) )

Edit-nevermind, found it all at that road bike racing website, velonews.
Yeah..if I can make one big complaint about our completely free, totally awesome e-coverage guys out there, it's that they suck at getting us e-sponges the full pre-race riders list, qualifying sheet & final results for all riders.

So many of us are so vested in "homers" on down the results sheet that I find myself skipping down to #21-110 & focusing harder on it than the typical top 20.

Couple questions after looking at photos:
1. What's with helmets on podium? Lame.
2. Minnarr(sp)'s helmet has Honda wings on it
3. How'd Gwin get a factory Monster Energy helmet first year with zero results? (granted the dude just earned it with that monster result.
4. Who was the last US rider to crack the World Cup top 10?

Now on to more praise. MTBCUT's interview w/ Peat, Minnarr, Hill, Barel, Bryceland, Gee & Brendan are excellent b/c you get to see how they all actually feel about winning/losing/placing. They can't hide their competitiveness & general pissed off feelings from the camera. I enjoy seeing the looks on their faces & hearing in their voices how bad they all want the #1 spot.

Also in the MTBCUT vid, watching Brendan try to hang with Sam in the S turns b4 slipping out was nice. BIG contrast there. I got the impression Barel could care less about his result, that Gee & Peat wanted that podium bad & Hill seemed happy to come out unhurt? Any other thoughts????

someguy

Chimp
Jun 21, 2007
Colorado
3. How'd Gwin get a factory Monster Energy helmet first year with zero results? (granted the dude just earned it with that monster result.
Was already a pro motocrosser. And is now on factory yeti if you didn't pick that up with the white kit.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Was already a pro motocrosser. And is now on factory yeti if you didn't pick that up with the white kit.
Pro moto? Didn't know that. It's funny. I know 2 guys here in NC who are pro motocross who've got some fantastic skill on the DH bike. Both are in their 2nd season of DH & have had tough transitions with the 1 shot nature of DH. I'm assuming that's what happened with Gwin at Nats. Good on him!!

Did they air any of Gerrit's run?

DH Dad

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
MA
Yeah..if I can make one big complaint about our completely free, totally awesome e-coverage guys out there, it's that they suck at getting us e-sponges the full pre-race riders list, qualifying sheet & final results for all riders.

So many of us are so vested in "homers" on down the results sheet that I find myself skipping down to #21-110 & focusing harder on it than the typical top 20.

Couple questions after looking at photos:
1. What's with helmets on podium? Lame.
2. Minnarr(sp)'s helmet has Honda wings on it
4. Who was the last US rider to crack the World Cup top 10?
I'll take a guess, EC got a 2nd at a World Cup race his first or second season with Mongoose. Think he was riding an Intense M1 before he switched to the Turner DHR. Long time ago for sure. Other than that Myles Rockwell winning the Worlds and guess who was in 2nd? The frequent runner up.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Fraser and the freecaster boys are en-route to Bromont, should be there tomorrow so I have a feeling that they will be up in the next day or so.
I will be up there tomorrow so I will let him know. :biggrin:

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I went to transcend and pinned this morning to find full mens/womens 4x and DH results, nothing....mtb media rules!
(was not able to sit and glue myself to computer with freecaster and RM posts...been out riding ;) )

That is because the Velonews guy did NOTHING but sit in the media room and update as the results came in. I saw him outside only after the race.
Every time that I went into the media room for some beverages and the new lists he was sitting there flirting with on of the ladies, nothing wrong with that, great job!, and sitting in front of the computer.
No disrespect to him but it is pretty easy to get out those lists like that.

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California

umm... sorry, been workin on other projects that'll hopefully "make" some money so i can pay bills:think:

i've also had a link on the MSA page that takes you directly to the UCI results page for MSA.... but i guess that's too much work?

& considering i'm not even in MSA....

Last edited:

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I have to say, whilst it was still great, I didn't find the Freecaster coverage AS great as in previous rounds. There seemed like there was far fewer cameras on track, and then sometime around Kovarik we suddenly get a shot of him leaving the start hut. Why wasn't this footage shown earlier in the coverage rather than having to spend ages looking at the "Bienvenue a Quebec" banner, or staring at an empty course?

Anyway, as I said, it's kind of, "Yeah it was good, but you've been doing better." kind of comment from my point of view.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Freecaster isn't in charge of cameras or camera placement unfortunately. We are at the mercy of the TV production company the UCI hires. Sometimes they are great, sometimes not so much! It also depends heavily on the length of the course and the time between riders (which fluctuates between 1 and 3 minutes, depending on the event).

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Great to watch the racing live, and the commentary is comedy!
I think from a purely entertainment level it's great, BUT I think as far as everyone talking about it taking MTB to the next level, they should add someone along side Warner to back the business side. There really is no excuse for the announcers not educationing themselves on the Top 30 guys (after qualifying). At least shot out the the sponsors, or Team. For example, you've got Privateers like Ryan Condrashoff getting his way to WC races, and they missed his run, then he gets pwned by Warner. Dude, help RC's cause and mentioned X-Fusion, WTB, etc...Even with Gwin's run, how can he qualify 13th, and still have them say they have never heard of them?
Even the 43rd (last place) qualifier in Nascar gets that respect and whatever amount of TV time they get is worth something, I think we can take advantage of the investment(freecaster and mtbcut) and the opportunity to bring the sponsors back in the sport.
That's what's gonna bring things back to the day when we had non-endemic sponsors in our sport. Just my .02 and something i couldn't help but notice.

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
Freecaster isn't in charge of cameras or camera placement unfortunately. We are at the mercy of the TV production company the UCI hires. Sometimes they are great, sometimes not so much! It also depends heavily on the length of the course and the time between riders (which fluctuates between 1 and 3 minutes, depending on the event).
Anyway, Thanks Fraser for all your work. I can't thank you and the all the people who make it possible enough.
beside, Rob Warner just adds another reason to tune in. His comedy is good. :lighten:

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
I'm assuming that's what happened with Gwin at Nats.
He flatted. Shame because that course was pretty much a moto track anyways, he prob would have destroyed it.

Yet again... Missed the live broadcast, except this time I was headed out riding instead of being hung over. Thanks to everyone for the coverage though!

warwick

Chimp
Oct 13, 2001
Squamish, BC
I'm currently putting together my filming "plan of attack" here at Bromont and thought I'd solicit some input from you guys.... So, anything you'd like me to film for freecaster.tv in particular this week (I'm talking about off-track stuff for this)?

fearless

Chimp
Feb 7, 2006
I'm currently putting together my filming "plan of attack" here at Bromont and thought I'd solicit some input from you guys.... So, anything you'd like me to film for freecaster.tv in particular this week (I'm talking about off-track stuff for this)?
I would like to see interviews with younger riders. I'm sick of seeing interviews with Sam Hill and Steve Pete ect. I'm interested in learning about the young riders from the Tomac Factory Racing team. These young 16 year old guys who came from Australia to live the pro lifestyle, living away from home for 6 months and racing all over the world. These guys are our future and I would like to learn more about them and other young riders.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Yeah, weird as it sounds I love to see stuff other than people riding their bikes. After seeing Hill coming down the champs course every bit of bike footage I've seen has looked a bit lame :P Give us more interviews, more behind-the-scenes.